arrow_upward

Known issues with new Post4VPS design
Is it just me?

So when I see new content in a forum I open the forum and view the new content.... now the forum icon and text is still marked in blue like there is new and unread content. I open the forum and guess what... there is no new content.

So the forum is not being properly marked as read until you open it a second time to find zero new content. After that it is marked as read.

This never used to be so.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(07-17-2021, 02:25 PM)Mashiro Wrote: Is it just me?

So when I see new content in a forum I open the forum and view the new content.... now the forum icon and text is still marked in blue like there is new and unread content. I open the forum and guess what... there is no new content.

So the forum is not being properly marked as read until you open it a second time to find zero new content. After that it is marked as read.

This never used to be so.

You're right @Mashiro  It's good to bring it to @Dynamo's attention. I've just checked with your post and the Forum is still highlighted.  Not read. That happens when one clicks on the posts that are listed in the "stream" panel. 

I discovered this last night as I very much work with the "read" feature.  I then found if one clicked directly on the"last post" link of the author in the Forum (instead of clicking on the post in the stream panel) it will show as "read".  So maybe one has to connect the posts that are listed in the "stream" panel up with the Forum "read" feature.  Not sure how to do it, but I'm sure @Dynamo may know how to sort this out.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(07-17-2021, 01:26 PM)deanhills Wrote: It is there @tryp4vps.  But like with most functions in the new design you  have to search for it because it's in a different (but maybe more efficient) place than it was before.  Tongue

It is located in the footer area of the new design that appears by default on every page of the new design forum.  Scroll right down to the bottom of the screen in the footer area right hand side.  It's located in a scroll down box.
I would like to have a theme selector as I somehow get accustomed to old themes.
Quote:@mzltest  Thanks for the feedback.  We're working on reformatting all of the announcement pages including FAQs
Yeah.And dont't forget to include the VPS plans section and probably you don't want users to be able to change their VPS holders status in profile page.Not it looks like a changeable field.
Quote:@Dynamo .... I've changed the attachments to thumbnails (in Admin Configuration) for now until you are able to change the sizing of the attachments.
Now it looks fine.Previously it just shows the original version with no or little resizing in html/css and was mobile-unfriendly.And I meant this.

Quote:@Dynamo  Is there a way that one's browser can remember what the last theme selection was?  Like we had before?  I was on the dark theme when I logged out of post4vps last night.  Then when I got the log in page up it was the light theme.  Also after I signed in it still was the light theme.
He probably have implemented it already.
In localStorage,
themeMode=Dark

VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(07-17-2021, 07:29 AM)fChk Wrote: Potential forum stats issue!.. Either not updated again or the timeout is set to a higher value..

Definitely stats not updated as objectified by this thread's own views stat being 21 since my last visit here yesterday !!

Also!.. Just noticed that there is a poor contrast between the code tags background and its text color.. Text is barely visible.

Browser used: Desktop version of Firefox.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Sorry to post this again, I had already reported my issue, I was using default theme. Now I have a strange issue in the new theme, some posts are getting animated. I have shared a small YouTube link by uploading the screenshot.
I am using google chrome browser in Android. Please watch the below video.
https://youtube.com/shorts/WVbU2WbQHwc?feature=share

Thank you  Sweet

(07-16-2021, 02:11 PM)deanhills Wrote: I had to search for things.  That "bell" doesn't really look like "alerts". 
Usually all Alerts/notifications have the same bell icon, even older themes had the same.

(07-16-2021, 02:11 PM)deanhills Wrote: And possibly for the "color scheme" change it to a little round circle with black/white or something more intuitive for a dark vs light color scheme selection?
Having moon and sun icons are also quite common for Dark and Light modes on most websites.

(07-16-2021, 02:11 PM)deanhills Wrote: For the options there are a number of things missing.  First thing I miss is the list of VPS numbers.  Where does one change one's VPS numbers?
This only happens for those VPS Holders who have not set any number for their VPS Holder Of field. For others you should be able to see them for postbit, I did that since the height of postbit for each user is already quite lengthy.

(07-17-2021, 10:19 AM)debjit Wrote: Can we make the status and info of a user expandable? It is adding too much blank space. For normal just use icon and number click to expand or add tooltip when hover. It is unnecessary long, a lot of scrolling.
Are talking about Postbit height? if yes then it's a nice idea to have expandable User info. Will see what I can do Wink

(07-16-2021, 02:21 PM)Kururin Wrote: The VPS Plans box looked messed up.
https://streamable.com/3pf00h
Should be taken care of soon.

(07-16-2021, 06:56 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: [Image: Screen-Shot-2021-07-16-at-1-50-22-PM.png]

So the item I noticed was the lock icon on the VPS Request Sub Forum. (https://ibb.co/3k1fqDQ)

I believe adding margin: auto 6px; to .forum_offclose i, .forum_offlink i {} would fix this.
Looking fine on my end, you can try to hard refresh your browser or try to clear cache, those might would be the causes.

(07-18-2021, 07:25 AM)fChk Wrote: Definitely stats not updated as objectified by this thread's own views stat being 21 since my last visit here yesterday !!
Also!.. Just noticed that there is poor contrast between the code tag's background and its text color. Text is barely visible.
Browser used: Desktop version of Firefox.
are the Views only affected?
and screenshot for code tags would be nice, which theme scheme/mode are you using? dark or light?

(07-17-2021, 07:43 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: With this new Post4VPS design, the option to select the other themes, such as the mobile theme, is disappeared.
All Other Themes have been made private since they are not compatible with MyBB's Latest version and maintaining them will also cause unnecessary trouble, I might try to update and add Default MyBB Theme again but not 100% sure.

(07-17-2021, 07:59 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: There is some animation issue with a css, I have the same issue with quora, but now in Post4VPS too. Sentences are moving up and down. See the below link for the issue.
https://youtu.be/Ix7MyUdlrrU
Watch the sixth second.
Android Chrome Browser.
It's quite a strange issue, never faced any issue like this. Which Mobile are you using?
and does it have some kind of higher refresh rate?
is it only Post4VPS Forum and Quora or other responsive sites too?
try to use it on any other phone and see if the result changes. And also does it only happens on postbit pages?

(07-18-2021, 01:54 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: I was using default theme. Now I have a strange issue in the new theme
Default Theme and New Theme? there is currently only 1 theme available for Users.

(07-17-2021, 12:42 PM)mzltest Wrote: - FAQ does not answer your questions
- Help leads to a messy VPS plan page while the holders list looks funny.
And yes, attachments need to be resized.
I Will fix them soon.

(07-17-2021, 02:25 PM)Mashiro Wrote: So the forum is not being properly marked as read until you open it a second time to find zero new content. After that, it is marked as read.
Looks like a bug, probably after-effects of Upgrade.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

@tryp4vps  apologies.  I was unaware that the other themes had been made private by @Dynamo.  So yes, looks like they have disappeared. Dynamo wishes to only support one theme at a time and probably for good practical reason.

@Dynamo When one quotes text in the dark theme (not sure what it looks like in the light theme) then the text is difficult to read against the grey background. Is it possible to make the text color of the quoted text black, or the background white?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(07-18-2021, 04:02 PM)Dynamo Wrote: are the Views only affected?
Not sure if the other stats are also affected.. But I'm certain that the views stat IS.

(07-18-2021, 04:02 PM)Dynamo Wrote: and screenshot for code tags would be nice, which theme scheme/mode are you using? dark or light?
Using  the dark theme.
Check here: https://post4vps.com/Thread-NanoKVM-NAT-VPSs-A-review

I would say that the code and quote tags are both affected when the overflow attribute is activated.. They are both okay when their box is not overflowed.

As @deanhills also mentioned:
(07-18-2021, 04:38 PM)deanhills Wrote: @Dynamo  When one quotes text in the dark theme (not sure what it looks like in the light theme) then the text is difficult to read against the grey background.  Is it possible to make the text color of the quoted text black, or the background white?

Edit:
Is the alert system still operational?!... It doesn't seem so!..
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
I am using Vivo Y83, Google Chrome Android Browser, latest build,, the animation issue only affects in threads, and mostly in the top part.
Yes, I have same issue with quora and it makes difficult to read the content, not seen this issue in other websites till now.
[Image: Screenshot-2021-0718-231322.png]

Thank you  Sweet

Found the culprit behind the Thread Views, it was DVZ Mentions, currently disabled it for further monitoring.

Maybe the Forum read marking issue also caused by same plugin. Though I had observed that it was only happening with this thread only. Forum read marks for other forums are working fine from my side.( As far as I have observed )

Can anyone confirm wheather the Forum Mark issue got resolved or not? ( If it is then most probably DVZ Mentions is the culprit here too ).
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-03-2021, 01:44 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting