arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New WordPress Gutenberg Editor
(04-03-2019, 07:49 AM)xdude Wrote: Well  I have fully given up on this Gutenberg editor. Maybe they can show me 1000 features and advantages but right now, my work, it doesn't work. It's a simple headache. I'm going to keep it in couple of not so important blogs just to poke around but for all my other sites Im using the Classic editor.
To be honest me too, and I'm not even keeping it in blogs. I tried it right at the beginning and found it a terrible nuisance. Not sure what's more irritating than having to search for the tools all the time - hidden in different places - or the pop up guides popping up all of the time supposedly being there to help newcomers to Gutenberg, but just being completely in my way. I now have the Classic Editor installed in all of my blogs. With new ones that's also the first Plugin I install.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(04-03-2019, 11:15 PM)deanhills Wrote: To be honest me too, and I'm not even keeping it in blogs. I tried it right at the beginning and found it a terrible nuisance. Not sure what's more irritating than having to search for the tools all the time - hidden in different places - or the pop up guides popping up all of the time supposedly being there to help newcomers to Gutenberg, but just being completely in my way. I now have the Classic Editor installed in all of my blogs. With new ones that's also the first Plugin I install.

Same here. It just makes it looks so complicated that whenever I run a WordPress installation, I make sure to ticket to install "Classic Editor" along with the installation.
(Softaculous would ask if you want to install certain plug-ins which most users uses it). I'm pretty much happy with the combination of Yoast & Classic editor for any of my personal blogs.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
I also use Classic Editor. When I installed wordpress for the first time I get issue with gutenberg. Always when I tried to add new post I got a blank page. I didn't know why this was happening, so I installed it the Classic Editor. Classic Editor works perfectly.
Now I know it is a web browser issue. After clearing the browsing history, Gutenberg start working.
For me Gutenberg it is unintuitive and uncomfortable to use. It is not known where to look for what command. The Classic Editor is comfortable and easy to use. Additionally I use TinyMCE Advanced to add  new features.
Classic Editor is my go-to, unless I am in a hurry. Gutenberg does look nicer in design because it is minimalist, but definitely not my cup of tea. I think that the classic editor just has a better workflow where all the buttons are readily available and a lot smoother too. I have not had any issues with Gutenberg, I just prefer not to use it as much.

The embedding features are a dream, but other than that I am not sure how I feel about this still. As far as I am aware, it is also missing markdown support. The drop cap is also a very nice feature to have and I am not exactly sure if that was an option with the classic editor. It also looks like most of these boxes are split up into sections, so if you have a paragraph, then a list, it will divide them for easier input. This is good for organization and ease of mind.

The spotlight mode for the boxes are extremely helpful, so I am on the teeter-totter with this one. I like them both.
[Image: FIFUMrL.png]

(09-02-2019, 12:34 PM)Gregol Wrote: I also use Classic Editor. When I installed wordpress for the first time I get issue with gutenberg. Always when I tried to add new post I got a blank page. I didn't know why this was happening, so I installed it the Classic Editor. Classic Editor works perfectly.
Now I know it is a web browser issue. After clearing the browsing history, Gutenberg start working.
For me Gutenberg it is unintuitive and uncomfortable to use. It is not known where to look for what command. The Classic Editor is comfortable and easy to use. Additionally I use TinyMCE Advanced to add  new features.
I am not sure what you mean by this because I thought that the classic editor already came preinstalled. I agree that the classic editor is comfortable, probably because it has been around for so long.
Thank you Post4VPS and BladeNode for VPS 6
(09-08-2019, 12:12 AM)Rzarcasm Wrote: Classic Editor is my go-to, unless I am in a hurry. Gutenberg does look nicer in design because it is minimalist, but definitely not my cup of tea. I think that the classic editor just has a better workflow where all the buttons are readily available and a lot smoother too. I have not had any issues with Gutenberg, I just prefer not to use it as much.
I once did a course on Gutenberg.  Worked through all of its tools, and they were great tools.  Issue however is that you have to dig deep to find those tools.  They're not spontaneously available.  You have to do a course to find them.  And like with all courses, you quickly forget something, and then have to figure out from scratch again where the tools are.  In fact there are just too many tools and too many locations they can be in.  There is the menu of tools directly above the post window.  Then on top of that menu there is another source of media and other tools.  And then to the right of the post box there are two parallel columns of tools.  And it's not immediately evident there are two columns.  You need a course to figure out there is a second column and what the tools are used for.

So I'd think the greatest drawback for WordPress with Gutenberg is the design of it and the fact it's not user-friendly at all.  Not for beginner users anyway - and it discourages you to use it.  Takes up too much time to search for tools.  So of course it is much easier for users to just install the Classic Editor and have things as they used to be.  Which is what I'm doing.  Together with WordFence and the All-in-One WP Migration tool, it's one of the first plugins I install on WordPress when I start a new installation.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Amresh
11-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Last Post: xdude
01-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Last Post: deanhills
07-16-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting