arrow_upward

Pages (2):
[PENDING] Uses of credits
(06-05-2020, 08:32 AM)fChk Wrote: Glad to read your approval of the idea... I'm sure many feel the same and just NEED a tiny bit of coercion to comply with it. :-)

Not sure if you did read this: Lack of quality content, member contributions and interest (state of the community), the problem isn't new!.. It 's even the reason why I didn't start posting in here the day I registered in the forum, but waited till I saw the first thread topic that pushed me out of the anonymity to newbie status with 1 post count; the thread, by the way, was 'Controversial: Does God Exist?'.

There is no automatic(/scripted) way to assess posts quality, but SPAM is also easy to detect, be it one word or a 3-page manifest; moderators are here for that!..

The idea that I'm promoting is to hold hosted members to a pre-defined ratio (total credit points / total post numbers), be it 3, 4, 5 etc.. and why not make big specs VPSs requiring a bigger ratio than lower specs etc....

The thing this requirement brings to the table is to motivate hosted members to make more relevant threads and not just 20 posts averaging 2 or 3 sentences worth per post, saying nothing more than how happy / sorry / excited / looking forward to something or the like.... each and every month!... That's just sad!.. You can't build a forum worth checking on regularly with such content!...

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on this and it's up to the owner to deal with the consequences, ultimately.

---------------------------------------------
Edit: fixed a link.

You’ve just brought up yet another great point!

A lot of the discussion/posts here seem to be “induced”. You can really tell that some people are making their posts with zero passion. Sure they do end up being quality posts, but it’s just not the same as a post written by someone that’s actually interested on the topic! I always try to wait for proper topics or posts to respond to that I would actually find interesting... Preferably something that makes me think (even problem solve!)... that has made me really enjoy posting in here!

And also, just like you’ve mentioned, automating a system that can actually pick the “bad apples” from the good ones is insanely hard... you’ll need one extremely advanced AI. Specially one that would actually use artificial intelligence to give a post a certain credit score, rather than the current one that does it based on the character count.

And yes, the admins are doing a phenomenal job at getting rid of spam/low quality posts. However, some posts are of great quality... but they just lack some “love” from their writer (as I described above).

No clue how that can be rectified
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
@arsalahmed786 Thank you for the suggestion and also thank you for the quality feedback from members to this suggestion. @Dynamo has looked at each suggestion carefully. He indeed wishes to make the credit system more useful, however for now his priority is to upgrade the Forum first together with revamping the theme. So I have marked the discussion as "pending" for now. Dynamo thinks he should be ready by September of this year to work on the credit system. We will then open this discussion again.

Dynamo says that the continuous accumulation of credit points can't be sustained by the system indefinitely. So a revamp is definitely needed sooner than later. An idea that came to mind is to make an actual charge for the VPSs instead of just a requirement. I.e. if a VPS is given to subtract the 100$ that is required for the VPS instead of allowing it to accumulate in the credit account. And then at each month end to subtract credit points for keeping the VPS to the value of 20 posts. So that in the final analysis the credit balance would reflect a true "saved credit" score that could be applied to special rewards.

For now Dynamo has changed the symbol of the post credits to P$.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Alex554
12-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting