arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket League goes Free to Play!
Yup you read that right!

Developer Psyonix has announced that Rocket League (The popular Esports title) will be going free to play and be removed from Steam Store and be available on Epic Game Store.

Now the biggest factor would be their method of earning? They explain that they'll be earning money through cosmetic upgrades in the game. (Also cross platform progression & competitive ranks).

They still haven't revealed everything and have asked to stay tuned for further releases, however they did confirm that players who already had bought the title on Steam would get to keep it, + the people who had bought the paid version will get the DLC content for free.

This transition is really interesting as recently CS:GO (Another popular Esports title) went Free to play, and so far their concurrent player counts has only increased after that. (Crossing 1 Million concurrent players and almost crossing Dota 2), perhaps free to play is the ideal business move in the upcoming Future? Only time will tell!

What do you guys think about this? Personally Rocket league was an interesting title for me but I never really got to buy it so I guess this would be the chance for me to give it a try.

Sources,

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/21/21332...tore-steam
https://www.essentiallysports.com/rocket...orts-news/
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I have read this news this morning, Rocket League will leave Steam to join Epic Store in a free-to-play edition.
I think this is a nice choice, I mean the game is old enough and it is a waste to let it die due to a pay wall.

Releasing a game as free-to-play is often used as an extreme attempt to revive a game (Just look at games like Evolve...), but is doesn't seem the reason behind the Rocket League re-release.

There could be contracts with Epic Games, the game could have been released as free to play on Steam but they decided to change launcher... who knows...

I think a new wave of player will soon flood rocket league and will spent money for these little cars!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Oh that's really amazing to hear, I've a friend on Discord and I see him playing that game everytime he's online. I asked him a few days ago, and he said it's a really good game amd he's kinda addicted to it now.

I'm awaiting it's release on Epic Games and will surely try it out. By what I see and read, this game is similar to a game available on Agame which I used to play when I was a kid.

But yeah, it must have a fine tune to it as it was a paid product all this while.

Thanks for the information @Honey!

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
to be honest i do not know if making it a free game is a good idea.
why? take example of CS:GO. one of the best games i ever knew, are now way more full of cheaters and noobs and the community became a lot more toxic by kids and russians. also, as a player who paid 15$ for steam to buy csgo i feel like its unfair because i paid and people not which makes you a little bit disappointed from the game developers. BUT making rocket league a free game is good for the developers because a lot of people would play it and after they will get addicted they will probably tear their wallets on the store and the developers will increase their profit of the game.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(07-23-2020, 09:21 PM)OldMeister Wrote: to be honest i do not know if making it a free game is a good idea.
why? take example of CS:GO. one of the best games i ever knew, are now way more full of cheaters and noobs and the community became a lot more toxic by kids and russians. also, as a player who paid 15$ for steam to buy csgo i feel like its unfair because i paid and people not which makes you  a little bit disappointed from the game developers. BUT making rocket league a free game is good for the developers because a lot of people would play it and after they will get addicted they will probably tear their wallets on the store and the developers will increase their profit of the game.

I am also a regular player of CS:GO and despite going free to play, I actually haven't seen alot of people complain about hackers. Personally I never really faced any hackers in CS:GO Prime, I too have some alt accounts which are non prime and there I definitely meet hackers regularly but not on my main account. Perhaps the amount of hackers are dependent on the ranks, like I usually play around GNM-MG1 criteria and don't really get any hackers(Like 1 hacker per 50 games or so), perhaps that count is higher on different leagues.

One important reason due to which I think Valve was confident in making CS:GO f2p is that Valve made VACnet to stop cheaters, and VACnet is built through AI and improves when more data is fed to it. By going f2p Valve is getting way more data then they would if they were still a paid game so maybe that's why they made it F2P.

Personally I also feel that It was kindof unfair to those players who actually bought the game. All we really got was a legacy pin which doesn't really mean much. I personally recommend they should've give the CS 1.6 knife to all legacy players which wouldn't be tradeable! Now that'd really be a cool gift to those players who actually spent their money and time.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
great idea about the untradeable knife! but why have you thought that from all the gifts that they can give. they will give a CS 1.6 knife? i think the people should get something better then that.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
Well its a good news for those whom did not own the game before but I don't think the users whom paid for this game would be happy with this decision as making games free usually increase the count of hackers in a game.
I am not sure whether hacks are made for rocket league or not but speaking from my experience of CSGO as the count of hackers increased there.
Great! The game is still in Steam for US $10, but I don't see the Rocket League in Epic Games free games. Some of their free games are also free in Steam just like Magic: The Gathering, Auto Chess and many more. I didn't know Fortnite is a free to play game, now that I knew I downloaded the game. I've been watching Fornite gameplays and walkthroughs for about a month now and I want to learn the basics of the game. You won't see gachaverse in Steam or in Epic Games, the game free to download in Google Chrome app store, click here to know more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: sAmI
11-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Last Post: youssefbasha
09-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Last Post: adgod

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting