arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSDBlaze Discontinuation of VPS Services and Termination of VPS2
(03-15-2020, 02:52 PM)OldMeister Wrote: i will try to do my best... but on the vps giveaways the administrators decide to which people to give the vps by the credits and not the posts no? im sure of it
and also now i have a lot of time since the virus got us all stuck at home for atleast 2 months...

The posts and credits are not the entire requirements for the VPS we also look for previous track records and also the deciding factor use of the VPS, posts and credits are the minimum requirement for the eligibility.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(03-15-2020, 03:45 PM)TrK Wrote: The posts and credits are not the entire requirements for the VPS we also look for previous track records and also the deciding factor use of the VPS, posts and credits are the minimum requirement for the eligibility.

I honestly did not know the previous track records would be a factor. May be it is something new. Did not see this requirement mentioned officially, at least. Smile

My understanding was that posts and credits are the core requirements for most VPSes. And only a few very large spec VPSes require justified usage of them. That was all.

@tryp4vps

I thought the same. I guess previous track record means if you have been naughty with your previous servers. xD That might be a deciding factor since many of these sponsors might not be happy with abusers and once something like happen they wouldn't want that person having one of their vps again. This part could play a bigger role then post count, true. Apart from this the post count and score would be the biggest factors or nobody would bother much about been active, except for those few who post regularly anyway.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

@try4vps just understand in simple terms, lets say there is a VPS X available with 4GB of RAM, while we have applicants for that VPS applicant 1 said he will use the VPS for to host his blog while the applicant 2 said he will use it for development and hosting his developed stuff there so obviously the VPS goes to applicant 2. You ask why? He will have a better use for the resources available as for applicant 1 we will just suggest him to go for a VPS which specifically fits the requirement. I still remember FreeVPS.us being hosted on 512mb ram server so why would a blog need 4gb of ram resources. Hope it clears some of the doubts regarding the VPS allotment.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(03-16-2020, 03:38 PM)TrK Wrote: @try4vps just understand in simple terms, lets say there is a VPS X available with 4GB of RAM, while we have applicants for that VPS applicant 1 said he will use the VPS for to host his blog while the applicant 2 said he will use it for development and hosting his developed stuff there so obviously the VPS goes to applicant 2. You ask why? He will have a better use for the resources available as for applicant 1 we will just suggest him to go for a VPS which specifically fits the requirement. I still remember FreeVPS.us being hosted on 512mb ram server so why would a blog need 4gb of ram resources. Hope it clears some of the doubts regarding the VPS allotment.

@TrK Sorry dude, but @xdude and @tryp4vps are correct. For all of the VPSs in general the member with the most credit points and in good standing with the Forum wins the VPS. There is no special decision by the Giveaway Manager. In certain cases where we have large spec VPSs like VPS 4, 5, 8, 9 and 16 there is an additional requirement of justification of use of the VPS.  In those cases it is the Giveaway Manager in collaboration with Dynamo who decide on the justification that will make the best use of the power spec VPSs - along the lines you set out above. Dynamo has also explained that since VPS 9 doesn't come with a panel, the user has to be more experienced as well.

You can read through Dynamo's announcement of 31 July 2019:

Dynamo Wrote:We are not distributing VPSs randomly, doing the Giveaway is a process on its own, And for transparency we already made it clear about how the vpses would get distributed.
Except VPS 9, all VPSs are being distributed according to user credits, whoever has higher credits in their Post4VPS Forum account, they would be given more priority. Regarding the VPS 9, since it is a special VPS that's why we given more priority to the purpose of use of the vps, also it comes with no panels so it would require user who are comfortable with terminal control.
And about choice for credit as a main factor of winner is not random too.
Anyone having lesser credits should not think that users having 2x or 3x more credits are getting vpses more easily which is unfair. You would start understanding if you start thinking about how much time and efforts those users would have put into their posts to come up with such credits,

Since the above post Hostlease asked that we add a special requirement for justification of use to their VPS 16 that has huge specs, and so did Manal for VPS 4 and 5.  For VPS 8 the sponsor has a zero tolerance policy and request for experienced user, so we have to be careful with selection for VPS 8 as well.  So your explanation is spot on for VPSs 4, 5, 8, 9, and 16.  But not for the other VPSs. For the other VPSs it's a transparent decision with winner having the most credit points and in good standing with the Forum rules (i.e. zero warning level).
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-14-2020, 01:03 PM)OldMeister Wrote: i just counted and 13 vps plans has left. i have waited years for vps 2 since i lost it to xdude long time ago... sad now it have been gone forever... it was such a good vps and also i am sad that instead of expanding they got the opposite well good luck noah and thank you for everything Smile
i would like to thank also the administrators of post4vps site of years of volunteering and doing such a great job in vps giveaways and giving such a great support and such a little time.

yes because you want a vps with windows support . unfortunately there are none . vps 5 dropped windows support so the only option is vps 8 but you need a paid license so that mean no windows vps
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-16-2020, 08:16 PM)deanhills Wrote: ..... For the other VPSs it's a transparent decision with winner having the most credit points and in good standing with the Forum rules (i.e. zero warning level).

Thanks @deanhills for making it so clear.

The points mentioned by xdude and Trk make sense too. But whether the previous track record of a member is good or bad can be subjective, particularly when we are talking about one's posting habit.

So I agree that judging based upon the previous track records, in general, should be avoided.

(03-17-2020, 05:18 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Thanks @deanhills for making it so clear.

The points mentioned by xdude and Trk make sense too. But whether the previous track record of a member is good or bad can be subjective, particularly when we are talking about one's posting habit.

So I agree that judging based upon the previous track records, in general, should be avoided.

I don't think if can be avoided. lets say if someone keep abusing or Sponsors complain about a holder then it  has to consider when several people complete for same server. Personally I think in situations like that one with better track record should get better chance. I have to admit its not 100% food proof I mean a new member with few posts would have a clean track record than older member with 500 posts. It wouldn't work in a case like that.

(03-18-2020, 03:15 AM)xdude Wrote: I don't think if can be avoided. lets say if someone keep abusing or Sponsors complain about a holder then it  has to consider when several people complete for same server. Personally I think in situations like that one with better track record should get better chance. I have to admit its not 100% food proof I mean a new member with few posts would have a clean track record than older member with 500 posts. It wouldn't work in a case like that.

track record isnt the only way to measure the holder eligibility . there is the reason for getting the vps and also the quality of the post . new member have a chance to write more quality post than the older member with 500 post . so it is fair if track record is one of the measure but it isnt fair if it is the only measure
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-18-2020, 07:16 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: track record isnt the only way to measure the holder eligibility . there is the reason for getting the vps and also the quality of the post . new member have a chance to write more quality post than the older member with 500 post . so it is fair if track record is one of the measure but it isnt fair if it is the only measure

Well yes it's not the only measure but if there is a track record, specially a bad one then it would play a big role. No sponsor would like to see the staff handing over a server back to someone who they suspended because of abuse. This gonna matter regardless how many quality posts we make. Yes. There can new members who would write better posts than older members. Good example is @dealhills himself. This is where credit score comes to play. @deanhills score is better than any of us so it shows how good he is. Also you can't just compare a new member with 50 good posts with a member who has been around longer with 500 or more posts. There is a the trust factor. I don't know if that's something consider but I think it's the practical thing.

Anyway I think we are getting totally off topic here. The staff knows how to do it so we can relay on them. Smile

lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting