arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Suggestion to expand perryoo11's FAQs and to add FAQs to index links in header row
I agree with @xdude to adding it beside the sponsors even dedicating an entire category to link to a faq. Just like freevps did before. That way people will be reading faq before asking stupid and simple questions that are already answered. Although you can use some kind of bootstraped page for hosting the FAQ. It should be easy to do.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(08-28-2018, 12:33 PM)Kururin Wrote: I agree with @xdude to adding it beside the sponsors even dedicating an entire category to link to a faq. Just like freevps did before. That way people will be reading faq before asking stupid and simple questions that are already answered. Although you can use some kind of bootstraped page for hosting the FAQ. It should be easy to do.

Or they can simply add an icon near those icon bar, and wait there is icon for Help which i just noticed now, they can simply rename it to FAQ which would be OK for now.
(08-27-2018, 10:43 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: @deanhills

Great list. Smile

By the way, I have a feeling that the new question 5 is just a full duplicate of what already said in this page:

https://post4vps.com/announcement-1.html

Thing is with that announcement one has to scroll down a long way to get to the rules about posts.  Like the FAQ info is way down at the bottom of that announcement after all of the packages have been listed in detail.  Doesn't look good when you click on a link hoping to find rules about posts, and you get a list of packages instead - your first glance will make you wonder whether this is the right announcement as it is in essence not answering the question.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
i am going to add this to the list.

i going to do this when i get the time for it.
(08-31-2018, 09:42 AM)deanhills Wrote: Thing is with that announcement one has to scroll down a long way to get to the rules about posts.  Like the FAQ info is way down at the bottom of that announcement after all of the packages have been listed in detail.  Doesn't look good when you click on a link hoping to find rules about posts, and you get a list of packages instead - your first glance will make you wonder whether this is the right announcement as it is in essence not answering the question.

No offence, but I have to say that I disagree with this point.

When you write any list, you can't put everything on the top. Something will have to be put near the bottom. It is unlikely that no scrolling down will be required for every piece of information.

Not to mention that your current suggestion itself will essentially make a longer FAQ, thus requiring a longer way down to the bottom to read the full FAQ. My suggestion is just to help make the FAQ a bit shorter, by removing some duplicate content.

For the main Announcement page, in particular, it doesn't hurt if new members need to scroll down and then read the page again and again because the information are all important for them.

(09-02-2018, 06:31 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: No offence, but I have to say that I disagree with this point.

No offense taken.  I don't think you get my point though. My point is that the Packages Announcement has two topics in it.  It has the packages on the top and the rules for posting at the bottom of an announcement that is called "VPS Packages".  There is no mention in the heading of that announcement that it contains the VPS posting rules.  No new member will look in the packages announcement to find the rules of posting.  Either the header link of the "VPS Packages" has to be changed to "VPS Packages & Post Rules".  Or better yet - create a second announcement with Post Rules only.  Particularly since those rules are pretty important for getting a VPS.

So to reiterate.  The Packages Announcement covers two topics - either the title has to be changed to Packages & Post Rules to cover both topics in one announcement or the Post Rules should be separated out and given its own Announcement.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
An update.

Since I got busy with things. I will try this and as for know I am going to consider some ideas and trying to work out some motivation for it.
here it is:

https://post4vps.com/faq.php

please let us know if there are any problems.
greetings,
Post4vps team
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-20-2021, 02:51 PM
Last Post: deanhills
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting