arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VPS 15-18 Hostlease ID [NO LONGER REQUIRED]
Post4vps received the following notification from HostLease.  Please note that the same legislation resulting in the HostDoc ID requirement is now applicable to all of the HostLease VPSs as well with immediate application. Note that this will apply to existing users of the VPS as well.  So if you wish not to submit an ID to HostLease, possibly you need to apply for a different VPS. 

HostLease Wrote:Due to a change in our customer policy, we are obliged by the European Union of Web hosting services to collect and store an identity of our customers (we are also unable to do anything with regard to EU privacy legislation) but because we sponsor you it is important that the Media Group NL knows who we provide it to. I myself have done my best to stop this but unfortunately I could do nothing about it or pay a fine and apply this change to it. It is loud as follows. As of August 2, 2019, HostLease will request an Identity Card from the person who purchases the VPS that you have received from us. The moment we have received their ID card (Send via HostLease e-mail in connection with the VPN that is active on it.) Then we will save it on a server that is not itself connected to the internet and also a server that no one is visible to. makes. Only I am the only one who has access to it. If the VPS expires, we will destroy the submitted ID card to be 100% sure that nothing else can happen to it.

This is how HostLease wants you to provide the Proof of Identity:

HostLease Wrote:We ask the user to make a PHOTO / Screenshot of his identity card and send it to HostLease "[email protected]"

Delete the following information:
- Document No.
- Personal No.

If you want more information about this change, I kindly request you to submit a ticket via https://secure.hostlease.com/submitticket.php

Best regards,
Jordy.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Hello everyone,

Due to the new legislation we are obliged, unfortunately, I would indeed have wanted this to be different but your ID card will be sent securely and it would be received in good order and we will not process your ID data. We don't save it. We only store your name and a photo of you to make sure that the VPS is given to the right owner and that this gives the certainty that others will not get it, because that is absolutely not the intention. if someone else is messing with that VPS and we see that then we will lock the VPS so that strangeness login cannot spring and so we can ensure that the VPS is in good hands. So you can also see it as a piece of security.
(08-02-2019, 10:39 AM)deanhills Wrote: Please note that the same legislation resulting in the HostDoc ID requirement is now applicable to all of the HostLease VPSs as well with immediate application.

What does this mean actually? HostDoc ID to Hostlease VPS? Maybe you have typo on it?

Anyway, this may decreasing people that wanted VPS with those ID verifications. This happen too with HostDoc VPS. HostDoc sponsored 3, but only 1 taken.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Fix some typos and everything will be solved!
They want your ID card to verify that you are not a criminal
Terminal
Solo Developer
(08-02-2019, 02:48 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: Fix some typos and everything will be solved!

Such ID cards are taken to avoid abuse and fraud. For example, if their VPS is used for any illegal activity, they can provide the details to the authority (in case of a subpoena or any other similar instances).
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(08-02-2019, 02:32 PM)tiwil Wrote: What does this mean actually? HostDoc ID to Hostlease VPS? Maybe you have typo on it?

Anyway, this may decreasing people that wanted VPS with those ID verifications. This happen too with HostDoc VPS. HostDoc sponsored 3, but only 1 taken.

Hi tiwil, I understand that something is confusing you. Let me tell and explain clearly why we do this and why is it been applied.

The EU Law is making the rules stronger and stricter. Due that some hosting companies are sponsor other website which is not listed by the chamber of commerce and we are not holding any customer ID with us, but the problem is that HostLease is having a Media Group NL under them and we have more than 250k of visitors per day so a lot of people is know about Hostlease and the service we provide. I just received from the NL government that the EU is making these changes so I tried to block this but unfortunately I had the choices to pay a fine and apply these rules or just apply these rules without blocking and without a fine. So yeah I had actually no choice for now. Ofcourse are we looking for a new solution to fix this problem permanently. If there is any update then we will let Post4VPS know this. But for now I cannot do anything but I can ensure that we won't do anything with your ID. Our process with ID goes as followed.

1 - When the Screenshot/Photo is made it go to Post4VPS or Directly to Hostlease self, depends how the user do.
2 - Once @Pacific Spirit (Jordy) have seen the Photo/Screenshot from the ID we will only keep the name in our mind and we delete the ID from our hard drive.
3 - Conclusion, we only check the ID cards and once that done we delete and do nothing, if the user want a confirmation then we can sent it the them that is no problem at all, but most people knows HostLease as a very trusted provider and that we do anything safety.

(08-02-2019, 02:48 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: Fix some typos and everything will be solved!

As mentioned in my post above is it just a simply a statement that the VPS has been granted to the user whose ID has been sent.

(08-02-2019, 03:01 PM)Manal Wrote: Such ID cards are taken to avoid abuse and fraud. For example, if their VPS is used for any illegal activity, they can provide the details to the authority (in case of a subpoena or any other similar instances).

Yes, part of that is true, but I don't assume that there are real criminals on Post4VPS. But you can't be careful enough these days. We also don't suspect anyone and @Dynamo and @deanhills are two very reliable people and we also see that spammers don't get a chance here and they shouldn't be one-liners either. Most VPS users have been active and members here for a very long time and have been hanging around on a VPS for quite a while and respect the rules of the providers very well. So yes @Manal a part of it is true but the other is not.

^Jordy.
(08-02-2019, 02:32 PM)tiwil Wrote: What does this mean actually? HostDoc ID to Hostlease VPS? Maybe you have typo on it?

No it is correct.  Further to @Pacific Spirit explanation, the request for an ID has nothing to do with post4vps or with HostDoc or Hostlease. Every one has been forced by the European Union to comply with its rules - ownership of all servers within the European Union have to be perfectly accountable and they have to have a detailed and verified record of ID. Regrettably all VPSs and servers that are in the European Union are now affected, and if you try and purchase a VPS, server or any kind of hosting in the European Union zone you will be subjected to the same legislation and screening.  Failure of following this rule will make the sponsor guilty of not following the EU law and penalties will apply.  Apart from a huge fine, this would then go on the record of the sponsor as well.  Sponsors like HostDoc or Hostlease have to abide by the regulation and through them we have to abide as well.  The European Union is developing a system of auditing all of the hosting accounts in the European Union, so at any time can write to the companies and ask them to show their compliance of the rule.  I haven't heard of that happening yet, but all it takes is one person complaining about the host to the right authority at the European Union, and I'm almost certain this could lead to a notification of some sort to the hosting company that would include proof of them following the ID rule.

That's probably one reason why I will never buy any hosting in Europe again.  I don't like those kinds of rules.  No doubt now that other countries of the world see what the EU is doing, they will be making similar rules and as per usual every one will be following them like slaves.  I'm very happy if I see a company that refuses to do this.  And I have seen some.  It would be interesting to see what the powers of the EU are to penalize that company and how they would go about shutting it down.  If we allow that kind of control to happen, probably that will be our fault too.
Terminal
Further to the above.  I've just noticed one of our members has already sent a copy of his ID directly to HostLease.  You may not win the VPS and have sent your ID for nothing.  Wait until you've been notified that you won the VPS.  Only then you need to send your ID to Hostlease.  After which I'll wait for confirmation from Hostlease that post4vps can go ahead with issuing the VPS.
Terminal
(08-03-2019, 04:53 AM)deanhills Wrote: Further to the above.  I've just noticed one of our members has already sent a copy of his ID directly to HostLease.  You may not win the VPS and have sent your ID for nothing.  Wait until you've been notified that you won the VPS.  Only then you need to send your ID to Hostlease.  After which I'll wait for confirmation from Hostlease that post4vps can go ahead with issuing the VPS.

Out of topic, but this bring my attention to this one.
Isn't it more great if HostDoc VPS also use the same method, apply-win-send id card?

If I'm not mistaken, current method is apply and send id card-win. This should be counted into consideration from HostDoc and Post4VPS
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(08-02-2019, 03:26 PM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: ..... Our process with ID goes as followed.

1 - When the Screenshot/Photo is made it go to Post4VPS or Directly to Hostlease self, depends how the user do.
2 - Once @Pacific Spirit (Jordy) have seen the Photo/Screenshot from the ID we will only keep the name in our mind and we delete the ID from our hard drive.
3 - Conclusion, we only check the ID cards and once that done we delete and do nothing, if the user want a confirmation then we can sent it the them that is no problem at all, but most people knows HostLease as a very trusted provider and that we do anything safety.

It seems you say the ID cards will be used for one-time verification purpose only and after that, the ID pictures will be deleted immediately.

But the OP stated that after verification, the ID card pictures will still be saved on a server until the VPS expires. Feel a bit strange if you guys are talking about the same procedure. Smile

And the OP also mentioned an email address "[email protected]". Is this email account only accessible by you?

No offense, I ask this question just because such email seems to be a group address and can possibly be accessed by multiple sales staff.

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting