arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VPS 15-18 Hostlease ID [NO LONGER REQUIRED]
(08-03-2019, 04:28 PM)tiwil Wrote: Out of topic, but this bring my attention to this one.
Isn't it more great if HostDoc VPS also use the same method, apply-win-send id card?

If I'm not mistaken, current method is apply and send id card-win. This should be counted into consideration from HostDoc and Post4VPS

Personally I'd just do as the sponsor wishes, which may be different from sponsor to sponsor.  But this is for @Dynamo to answer as he is the official post4vps contact with the HostDoc owner. I'd imagine this is what the sponsor asked him to do.

@tryp4vps  I'd think that the VPS owners would need to keep the ID on record as long as the person owns a VPS from them.  And only then delete it. Not sure about this however. It would be interesting to hear what the EU rule is for it.  Whether they ask for details to be kept in a database.  And how it is managed.  I know that if someone should ask the owner of a Forum to delete all of their details, then the owner has to delete the ID as a bare minimum.  So the other way round, hopefully, the owner of the VPS can demand the same when he stops owning the VPS and it's given to someone else.  Ask for his ID to be completely removed in the system.  But yes, how can one ever know it's always done?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(08-03-2019, 05:57 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: It seems you say the ID cards will be used for one-time verification purpose only and after that, the ID pictures will be deleted immediately.

But the OP stated that after verification, the ID card pictures will still be saved on a server until the VPS expires. Feel a bit strange if you guys are talking about the same procedure. Smile

And the OP also mentioned an email address "[email protected]". Is this email account only accessible by you?

No offense, I ask this question just because such email seems to be a group address and can possibly be accessed by multiple sales staff.

1 - Yes, the ID Card is only for one-time use for verification purposes and of course it is handled with the utmost care.

2 - That is indeed what the idea was at first, but of course we want to work as little as possible with regard to the ID-Card Process.

3 - The email that is sent ends up in an encrypted folder where I or Gregory (my replacement for the holiday) has access to it. The rest of my employees don't have that, I thought about it. I also did my homework in advance before applying this.

(08-04-2019, 03:03 AM)deanhills Wrote: Personally I'd just do as the sponsor wishes, which may be different from sponsor to sponsor.  But this is for @Dynamo to answer as he is the official post4vps contact with the HostDoc owner. I'd imagine this is what the sponsor asked him to do.

@tryp4vps  I'd think that the VPS owners would need to keep the ID on record as long as the person owns a VPS from them.  And only then delete it. Not sure about this however. It would be interesting to hear what the EU rule is for it.  Whether they ask for details to be kept in a database.  And how it is managed. I know that if someone should ask the owner of a Forum to delete all of their details, then the owner has to delete the ID as a bare minimum. So the other way round, hopefully, the owner of the VPS can demand the same when he stops owning the VPS and it's given to someone else. Ask for his ID to be completely removed in the system. But yes, how can one ever know it's always done?

@deanhills,

I don't want to keep the ID card for long. Until I now know who it is that is sufficient for the time being. I also filed a lawsuit because I don't want to work with that ID-Card process because I think it is a major violation of privacy so I have a session at the court on August 7 to still win the case so we don't have an ID Save or receive a card because we find it unnecessary and unnecessary. HostLease knows only too well who it is provided to. We will certainly do everything in our power to ensure that we win this. Unfortunately can't 100% guarantee this but we try our best.
(08-04-2019, 07:20 AM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: I don't want to keep the ID card for long. Until I now know who it is that is sufficient for the time being. I also filed a lawsuit because I don't want to work with that ID-Card process because I think it is a major violation of privacy so I have a session at the court on August 7 to still win the case so we don't have an ID Save or receive a card because we find it unnecessary and unnecessary. HostLease knows only too well who it is provided to. We will certainly do everything in our power to ensure that we win this. Unfortunately can't 100% guarantee this but we try our best.
WOW!  I'm completely blown away with what you're doing @Pacific Spirit/Jordy.  I got goose pimples.  Now this is what I want every one to be doing.  I sincerely hope you win the case.  That would be awesome!  More people should be doing this instead of slavishly following laws.  Well done!  Cool
Terminal
Great news for every one. The ID requirement is no longer necessary for VPSs 15-18. @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease), took this to court, and yesterday won the case.  All I can say is well done Jordy.  That's awesome, not only for Hostlease, but for freedom of the Internet.  Now if every one could do this it would be awesome.  Wish I could move to the Netherlands!  Cool

Pacific Spirit Wrote:Dear Dean,

I had a lawsuit today that I had filed to verify the ID Card to the VPS holders. I am strongly opposed to that because on my WHMCS that system does not count as a result of which I have fought this out on appeal. After a lawsuit of more than 4 to 5 hours, the judge ruled on the case that turned out to my advantage. So from August 8, ID card verification is no longer necessary! Because this is not mandatory in my WHMCS, I asked why it was necessary for a sponsorship, the judge himself could not do anything about the answer. Then they said that I did need their address details and I also put a stop to that I did not agree with that. Gregory assisted me in the court case and also came up with very good points for HostLease Privacy Rules and Policy. So HostLease no longer has to work with ID Cards! We have also removed all Chanalku91 and Melvin ID cards from our hard drive / server. I hope you are happy with this result. Let the rest know this too Smile

Regards,
Fighting Boss Jordy. Tongue
Terminal
A great news from Hostlease! Applause from me to Hostlease. They're fighting for our own privacy. The judges itself cannot answer the question, this means EU didn't educate the judges with EU new law.

Anyway, congratulations for Hostlease! And too, congratulations for Post4VPS, we have our privacy back!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
That is a great news. But it is late i wanted to get the VPS-18 but that is occupied now. By the way great effort Jordy. Thanks for your support to Post4VPS.
I appreciate

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
I am impressed. Thanks Hostlease for bringing this good news to us. @Pacific Spirit you obviously have done a very great job protecting customers' privacy.

We are proud of having this kind of sponsor supporting our forum. Smile

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting