arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 - Scheduled Upgrade
(10-09-2019, 05:54 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Did Seattle successfully migrated?
It is now a full KVM VPS?

Not yet.  I just checked the panel and this was the response:

Quote:Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later

I also checked how to test for change to KVM, and found this solution.  I guess in the panel they will notify us, but for those with no access to a panel they could try this:

Use the command that fits the OS with
install virt-what
Then:
virt-what

Source: https://people.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-what/

I'm going to try the above later.  Needless to say I'm going to make backups as well.  I'm on the Phoenix VP"S 9.  There is no one on Seattle.  I'll check it again later to see whether it has been changed to KVM.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Just to confirm, got same mail for Seattle VPS 9 too:
Quote:Hello,

We attempted to migrate your server as scheduled per the emails sent earlier this month, but unfortunately due to unforeseen complications, we were unable to complete it during the scheduled period. Your OpenVZ server is currently online and accessible - however, it may have been down for a short time during the attempted conversion.

We do still need to complete the conversion, so we have the following options:

1) We create you a new KVM plan, at the same specification/pricing and help you migrate your data over (or you can migrate this yourself if you prefer.)
2) We will re-attempt the conversion at your preferred time if provided. Otherwise, we will provide a minimum of 24-hour notice before any re-attempts.

Please let us know if any of the above options suit you or if you have an alternative suggestion or any questions or concerns.

For option #1, if you would like us to move your data over, please reply with your root password in the "server credentials" field under the reply box. We will proceed with option #2 if you do not respond with a preference. In this case, we will re-attempt a migration on 10/11/2019 between 8 AM and 5 PM PST. If the migration fails, we may make further attempts with 24-hour notice. Otherwise, we may elect to proceed with option #1 where we will provide you a new KVM service with your archived data in the root folder. In this case, we will provide a minimum of 24-hour notice, and you may need to extract your files/software; if you have any issues we will assist you.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused,
VirMach Team
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Just curious, is the migration to KVM done? Or it's still OVZ as @deanhills said before?

This new KVM should be pretty crazy improvement tho.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
The Migration from OpenVZ to KVM has been done for Chicago & Seattle Locations VPS 9
Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting