arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you get top level domains (TLD) for free?
You can give it a try asking in other post 2 host forums like nationserver.us, I'm not quite sure if they also offer domain.
(02-13-2017, 05:39 PM)Vuluts Wrote: You can give it a try asking in other post 2 host forums like nationserver.us, I'm not quite sure if they also offer domain.

There isn't any post2host forums that provide free domains at the moment, however, I guess you should try .eu.org as others said, or go for a sub domain, it's really hard to find a gTLD (global top level domain) (.com .net .info .org, etc) for free, maybe you might find a ccTLD (country code top level domain) (.tk .in .ml .ga .gq .cf, list goes on)
freenom only stop your domain if your domain is broken . i got many domain stopped by freenom because i forget to set up the nameserver
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Yeah. I know Freenom has a bad reputation but I havent had a problem with them yet. I have been using them for about 8 months. Even though Freenom domains are free to register you need to renew those at end of a year time. Many fotget this. Also they take domains back if they find those are not in use.
(04-21-2017, 01:05 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: freenom only stop your domain if your domain is broken . i got many domain stopped by freenom because i forget to set up the nameserver

But if this happens, freenom will remind you by email before they cancel your domain. So, I never lose my domain just because it was broken.

But I did lose my old domain when it became popular. And they gave me no chance to get it back.

So, for the OP, if he is serious about his domain, it is not recommended to use freenom. For me, I only use freenom free domains to run some test websites and I will not get hurt even I lose them all.

(06-24-2017, 04:51 AM)Nova Wrote: Yeah. I know Freenom has a bad reputation but I havent had a problem with them yet. I have been using them for about 8 months. Even though Freenom domains are free to register you need to renew those at end of a year time. Many fotget this. Also they take domains back if they find those are not in use.

I have 2 domains older than 1 year and my only problem with them was that one of them wasn't working because I forgot to setup it on VPS, they send me mail with warning and after I fixed it and everything is still working.
It is just a dream to get top level domains for free. i think 80% of free users go to freenom. and 20% are more clever to search big deals. but they don't expose it. because of limited quota.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I think not, but there are always cool promotions which makes you able to buy domains at low prices.
Don't wait for it, bring it yourself!
Lets say if you get a top level domain like a .com for free from a give away or a promo offer or something. Still, you need to pay renewal free at end of the year. So unless you have a good plan to pay renewal fee it's not worth getting one for free.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Its simple...I buy them lol

There's no such thing as a free "TLD" without a catch
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Last Post: xdude
07-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: deanhills
04-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting