arrow_upward

Pages (5):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11 has been announced
Did you watch Microsoft Live Event on 24 june? No? 
Don't worry, I am here to sum up the essential stuff!

So, on 24 june 2021 Microsoft announced its new OS: Windows 11.

IT IS A TOTAL UI REFRESH, maybe if you disliked Windows 8 attempt to put a new UI you will hate Windows 11 too... but Windows 11 attempts is surely better than Windows 8 one!

Let's talk about the interesting topics:
  • UI refresh: a new UI is planned for Windows 10 too, it is code name Sun Valley and it is the 21H2 update;
  • Integrated Teams: Windows 11 will shift from Skype to Microsoft Teams, with a proper OS-integration, for it's calling/meeting app;
  • DirectStorage API: it is a feature similar to ResizableBar, your game will be able to communicate and use GPU's ram directly;
  • AutoHDR: Windows 11 is trying a proper implementation of HDR!
  • Android Applicaiton: Windows 11 will be able to run Android application! You can download them via Windows Store that is linked to Amazon App Store... it is still unknow if will be possible to sideload apps;
  • Virtual Desktop improvements: Windows 11 will improve your docking life, a new tabs organizer and a "monitor memory" for laptop that uses external monitors;
  • Widget are backs: Windows 11 has it's "relax" window where you can find useful widget. They are not the same as Windows 7 widget!
  • Xbox Game Pass: Windows 11 has Xbox game pass built-in on Xbox app;
  • Free upgrade for Windows 10 users who have a COMPATIBLE DEVICE
  • New minimal requirements: Windows 11 requires Secure Boot and TPM 2.0, two bios settings that can be found only on POST-2015 hardware.
  • A LOT MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED
As today, 28 june, Windows 11 insider program has been started, I am currently downloading the insider build and I am going to switch soon.

So, are you going to upgrade to windows 11? I am going to update at 100%
I am so exicited!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
WOW. Great news. and i wish it will be great in moral too. not like windows 8 to 8.1 or 8.1 to 10. however i recommend 10 as compare to 8.1, but the 100 million question is..
Microsoft now able to provide all old semi old and new compatible devices Driver in this update?
This version is now provide server support like linux (debian/ubuntu/centos) ?
The UI is lighter and hanging free as compare to previous releases?
Running Android Applications is also acceptable as offline apk packages or google play store? or only get from microsoft store?
Wedges are back. but i wish it will not eat more CPU and ram in bulk. and slow down user process.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Damn lots of thread from the same guy, but I personally would not be upgrading to Windows 11, because of its stupid TPM 2.0 requirement. Just stupid that it exists and I heard Microsoft is even limiting the CPU to last couple of year released one. Why would I buy a new computer to just get Windows 11 when Windows 10 works great and supported until 2025! Not giving Microsoft any more money!
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
It is a great news, especially the one I like is it will be able to run android apps from amazon store. I remember I used Nox to run android apps in windows. I want to see the first look screen shots of its desktop display. I like windows 10, hopefully they will keep automatic update off. Will be upgrading to windows 11 as I have a windows 10 license. Waiting for more feedbacks about this version.

Thank you  Sweet

No. The w10 is supported through 2025 and it is good enough for me. I have an r5 2600 machine which I think compatible with the w11 but as my pro machine is all set up and backed it is better not to upgrade. Any windows upgrade can break the system and I can not afford it in my production environment.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
Windows 11 looks good but there have many new features that I actually do not need.

Except that being able to run Android applications is really quite interesting.

It should also be useful for testing my own Android apps. So, perhaps I will try it out. Smile

Lists for officially supported Intel and AMD CPUs for Windows 11.

Supported AMD CPUs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...processors
Supported Intel CPUs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...processors

The fact that a certain CPU is not officially supported doesn't necessary mean that you won't be able to install Windows 11 on machines with such a CPU. Microsoft and OEMs simply cannot and will not provide Windows 11 on machines using CPUs that aren't on the list and will not provide support for issues that happen on systems with CPUs that aren't officially supported.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Hmmmmm ..... so I guess those still on the older hardware will be forced to buy new hardware with LOTS of memory to accommodate a bunch of new features that they don't really need, and not having a choice to decide which features NOT to install or update.  Can't help but think that Microsoft created Windows 11 with that view too. To make sure to really rid themselves of Windows 8 users. And to get them to invest in new hardware and new OS.

I absolutely hate Microsoft Teams.  When I was trying it last year this time, it was very complicated to set up, dragging, a total pain.  Really, time to move away from Microsoft for sure.  Microsoft is in it for making lots and lots of money, and also for its hardware partners.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(06-29-2021, 03:51 PM)deanhills Wrote: Hmmmmm ..... so I guess those still on the older hardware will be forced to buy new hardware with LOTS of memory to accommodate a bunch of new features that they don't really need, and not having a choice to decide which features NOT to install or update.  Can't help but think that Microsoft created Windows 11 with that view too. To make sure to really rid themselves of Windows 8 users. And to get them to invest in new hardware and new OS.  

I absolutely hate Microsoft Teams.  When I was trying it last year this time, it was very complicated to set up, dragging, a total pain.  Really, time to move away from Microsoft for sure.  Microsoft is in it for making lots and lots of money, and also for its hardware partners.

Well, it's true that these new limitations require new hardware but we are talking about features that are a implemented since post-2015 hardware. Almost 7 years has been passed (counting like 2022 because it is the year of Windows 11's release)... I know that no everyone upgrades it's pc every 1,2,4 years but if Microsoft wants to innovate... they can't stick with older hardware. I mean Secure Boot and TPM are feature with the aim to provide better security to the end user.

Moreover, Windows 10 will be supported until 2025, so there are another 4 years of support for people that will not upgrade their pc. Will someone change it's PC on a 11 year time span? Probably.

I am not blaming @deanhills himself ... but why complain about this?
I mean... Apple deprecates it's own pc after some years, there are Apple's machine stucked at Mountain Lion or older because they don't get the upgrade to the newer OS. Why no one complained to Apple? 
Microsoft did an amazing job with their OSes (XP, Vista........, 7, 8..., 8.1 and 10), which support A LOT OF HARDWARE. Now, for the first time, Microsoft tries to put new minimal requirements and all the web is crying.

Unix-OS are a different world, full open source with no commercial agreements or anything like that. It's kernel (that is called Linux) has a lot of driver embed and there is no need to do a "refresh", because the community (who controls the development) don't feel the need to, for now.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(06-30-2021, 01:29 PM)LightDestory Wrote: [...] ... I know that no everyone upgrades it's pc every 1,2,4 years but if Microsoft wants to innovate... [...]

We have to ask ourselves here @LightDestory.  Why does software have to be innovated so that new hardware has to be purchased, particularly given environmental concerns.  Why can't the innovation happen around hardware that is still in good shape and has a long life left.  Mind you some of the hardware manufacturers - particularly with phones - have been building hardware that only lasts for a few years.  They call it built in obsolescence.  For me this whole "innovation" thing is to keep feeding the greed of Microsoft, not only to make a simple honest buck, but to make billions of which the beneficiaries are your shareholders.  The rest of the world say "thank you" when the Microsoft share holders donate a buck or two, but in the meanwhile a good portion of the world population is living in poverty with no computers.  Some of those who could afford to get an old computer that was in good shape, may find it out of date soon and unable to be used the Microsoft way.  

I'm all for innovation.  But keeping the environment in mind.  And also not enriching only a small part of the world at the expense of every one else.  Yes, it's OK to make profits.  But Microsoft is going for greedy profits. I don't know whether you've noticed how much more controlling the OS has become with Windows 10?

(06-30-2021, 01:29 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Moreover, Windows 10 will be supported until 2025, so there are another 4 years of support for people that will not upgrade their pc. Will someone change it's PC on a 11 year time span? Probably.
I absolutely hated Windows 10 when I tried it out.  Particularly the fact that Microsoft has taken complete control over one's computer.  If you check the discussion groups on the Web you'll find millions of tutorials of how to opt out of updates, how to turn off features, how to basically retune Windows 10 so that it isn't as invasive and controlling as it is.  It's a leaky sieve of security holes that requires layers and layers of updates, so much so that you have to have much greater specs, but not necessarily for innovation only, but to deal with those updates.  If those updates were beneficial for you specifically, then I could understand.  But the update packages are for updates of features that people don't even use because they are globally implemented regardless of what your specific needs are.  And all of it shrouded in IT speak and mystery in the name of "innovation" and "security".  

(06-30-2021, 01:29 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I am not blaming deanhills himself ... but why complain about this?
I mean... Apple deprecates it's own pc after some years, there are Apple's machine stucked at Mountain Lion or older because they don't get the upgrade to the newer OS. Why no one complained to Apple? 
Apple falls in the same category for me of maximum greed at the expense of the environment.  One wrong doesn't make another wrong right.

(06-30-2021, 01:29 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Microsoft did an amazing job with their OSes (XP, Vista........, 7, 8..., 8.1 and 10), which support A LOT OF HARDWARE. Now, for the first time, Microsoft tries to put new minimal requirements and all the web is crying.
 Well I'm glad then I'm not the only one feeling this way.   Wink

Again, I don't have anything against innovation - I'm all for it.  But the way it's done is for making not millions but billions in profit that only serve a few if you take the world population as a whole.  Why be a slave to Microsoft?  Which in essence this is all about.  Create software that they absolutely control, so much so that people have to be certified to manage it and pay for those certifications as well.  And then if that is not enough.  Change software so that new hardware is needed every time.  So their hardware friends would score major with sales, and of course carry the new OS on that hardware.  Well done Microsoft!
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (5):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting