arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11 has been announced
I would advise to not install it, I have to rebuild a machine tonight as my brother installed it and it crashed his machine. He reported that some software failed to load and now he cannot boot past the boot loader until it restarts and cycles back through.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(07-13-2021, 04:14 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I would advise to not install it, I have to rebuild a machine tonight as my brother installed it and it crashed his machine. He reported that some software failed to load and now he cannot boot past the boot loader until it restarts and cycles back through.

So the only way for you to now Use a SPI flash programmer and burn your mother board bios with it. 
It also happens when you by force try to install the program. 
Any how. it is just alarming for all of us to stay away till any stable public copy releases.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(07-13-2021, 04:14 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I would advise to not install it, I have to rebuild a machine tonight as my brother installed it and it crashed his machine. He reported that some software failed to load and now he cannot boot past the boot loader until it restarts and cycles back through.

I strongly agree @tbelldesignco  Looks as though Windows 11 is very much in test stage and far from completed.  It'd be like installing an experimental OS.  Under best of times a new OS can be challenging, but in this case loading the experimental Windows 11 would be like looking for trouble unless you're a savvy high-tech and experienced developer.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(07-14-2021, 06:32 AM)sagher Wrote: So the only way for you to now Use a SPI flash programmer and burn your mother board bios with it. 
It also happens when you by force try to install the program. 
Any how. it is just alarming for all of us to stay away till any stable public copy releases.

Yes, I am going to reflash the bios and use CLI to wipe the drives and rebuild the machine. I think that is the only way my brother is getting his machine back.

(07-14-2021, 03:08 PM)deanhills Wrote: I strongly agree @tbelldesignco  Looks as though Windows 11 is very much in test stage and far from completed.  It'd be like installing an experimental OS.  Under best of times a new OS can be challenging, but in this case loading the experimental Windows 11 would be like looking for trouble unless you're a savvy high-tech and experienced developer.

Yeah and even for those who are savvy and/or an experienced developer, I would not recommend running it on your daily driver. I think folks get really excited about the new features (I see it all the time with iOS and macOS beta cycles) and they either lose a good majority of functionality because it's unstable software, lose data trying to roll back or brick their devices entirely.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(07-12-2021, 05:27 AM)sagher Wrote: Microsoft Windows 11 is still not available for public. So it called Beta version just for experts to check the bugs and problem.
Even you have a great specs system. as i try to install it into a HiRES rendering PC with i9 core and latest gaming board with 32GB of RAM and RTX 3060. Still i got refusal.
So the only way is to be wait for a proper public release. and also it should be better if we wait and get a bugs free release.

To be honest, I'm curious where you get that refusal. When wanted to upgrade, we only need to join the insider program (as right now) and if we're qualified (determined automatically by system) then Windows Update will download Windows 11 very soon. With your rig, it should be possible though.

Speaking of bug, I haven't get any bug that affect my work. Sometimes the taskbar background get to transparent, sometimes right click don't really show the full menu. Oh yeah, in File Explorer, when you right click, it'll not responding for like 5 seconds before it shows you the menu.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(07-15-2021, 03:34 AM)tiwil Wrote: To be honest, I'm curious where you get that refusal. When wanted to upgrade, we only need to join the insider program (as right now) and if we're qualified (determined automatically by system) then Windows Update will download Windows 11 very soon. With your rig, it should be possible though.

Speaking of bug, I haven't get any bug that affect my work. Sometimes the taskbar background get to transparent, sometimes right click don't really show the full menu. Oh yeah, in File Explorer, when you right click, it'll not responding for like 5 seconds before it shows you the menu.

I was used "Windows PC health Check" and a feature there to check compatibility to upgrade to Windows 11, The first major error is "Must secure boot" So the problem is that my board only support and accept when i use MBR partition scheme. so in this way the UEFI mode it was not recognizing me to enable. So i should have a GPT partition scheme to enable secure boot. and in this case my board not go forward to install windows 10. i try many solutions but again i got the same.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(07-15-2021, 05:13 AM)sagher Wrote: I was used "Windows PC health Check" and a feature there to check compatibility to upgrade to Windows 11, The first major error is "Must secure boot" So the problem is that my board only support and accept when i use MBR partition scheme. so in this way the UEFI mode it was not recognizing me to enable. So i should have a GPT partition scheme to enable secure boot. and in this case my board not go forward to install windows 10. i try many solutions but again i got the same.

You can still convert your MBR disk into a GPT disk, if you're that interested in going forward with Win 11 insider-preview installation.

Although I don't advise you to do it since I'm aware of your limited skills in these matters... If you go ahead and do it.. It's on you!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
fChk Wrote:..... You can still convert your MBR disk into a GPT disk, if you're that interested in going forward with Win 11 insider-preview installation.

Although I don't advise you to do it......

I would not advise him to do this kind of disk conversion as well.

Because if he just wants to try out Windows 11, there are better ways to do so.

For example, it is more safe if he installs it on an virtual machine, such as Oracle VirtualBox. Smile

(07-17-2021, 08:08 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I would not advise him to do this kind of disk conversion as well.

Because if he just wants to try out Windows 11, there are better ways to do so.

For example, it is more safe if he installs it on an virtual machine, such as Oracle VirtualBox. Smile

Yeah.On a physical machine when you lost your curiosity you need to roll back to Windows 10 manually which may cause issues,unless it is a machine that is just for unstable things.

By the way,if I want to install Windows 11 on VirtualBox,after selecting the guest system as Windows 10 on machine creation,is any other steps needed to bypass/enable the TPM / UEFI when installing?
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
mzltest Wrote:... By the way,if I want to install Windows 11 on VirtualBox,after selecting the guest system as Windows 10 on machine creation,is any other steps needed to bypass/enable the TPM / UEFI when installing?

Hey man, if you have not tried it yourself, you may scroll back a few pages on this topic...... as Mashiro already mentioned he could install Windows 11 on an virtual machine with no TPM and on an MBR partition with legacy mode.

And the most important thing is: he did it without ANY hacks at all. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting