arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WordPress or Joomla
I prefer WordPress because it is more simple and is more used by the people .Too , it have more themes than Joomla  Smile . ... And more plugins . I have my own website there : Cheapfocus.cf
Thanks so much to PostVps.com and Host4Fun.com for the great experience of VPS 1  !
Joomla is very simple and useful for small and simple sites such as information blogs or educational websites.
Joomla has limited features and will be updated much later than Wordpress, and its problems will be fixed, so WP is definitely better.
One of the biggest differences between Joomla and Wordpress is their original purposes. Joomla Started as a CMS for portal sites which has many separate section. Wordpress used to be a simple blogging platform. So, in those early days, Wordpress used just for personal blogs while Joomla was the favorite tool for creating corporate and professional websites. Joomla is a very solid CMS and its developers have taken time to make sure to keep it that way. But that's one of the reasons why Wordpress become more popular and easy to use. I don't know how it's now but Installing Joomla was not easy as Wordpress in those early days. Also, the development was slow and there weren't lots of free plugins like Wordpress.

I don't know how it's today but security-wise Jooml was better. Joomla even has SSL and 2FA built-in to the Core. Because of all those Plugins and Themes, Wordpress security is quite complicated. When you compare these 2 CMS, Joomla is very flexible without even use for any plugins (In Joomla these are called Extensions). But I think Wordpress has become the far more superior CMS with rapid development and all those Plugins, Themes, and Page Builders.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(06-29-2020, 02:57 AM)xdude Wrote: One of the biggest differences between Joomla and Wordpress is their original purposes. Joomla Started as a CMS for portal sites which has many separate section. Wordpress used to be a simple blogging platform. So, in those early days, Wordpress used just for personal blogs while Joomla was the favorite tool for creating corporate and professional websites. Joomla is a very solid CMS and its developers have taken time to make sure to keep it that way. But that's one of the reasons why Wordpress become more popular and easy to use. I don't know how it's now but Installing Joomla was not easy as Wordpress in those early days. Also, the development was slow and there weren't lots of free plugins like Wordpress.

I don't know how it's today but security-wise Jooml was better. Joomla even has SSL and 2FA built-in to the Core. Because of all those Plugins and Themes, Wordpress security is quite complicated. When you compare these 2 CMS, Joomla is very flexible without even use for any plugins (In Joomla these are called Extensions). But I think Wordpress has become the far more superior CMS with rapid development and all those Plugins, Themes, and Page Builders.

speaking of security . sometime the wordpress plugin can have a vulnerability . most of the time it is sql injection . wordpress itself doesnt gave the sql injection exploit but with the poorly written plugin it can . my empty wordpress site with some plugin built in for the template used to hacked for no reason . but the good thing is that there is also a SECURITY wordpress plugin

and yeah wordpress have rapid development because more developer are in . it is one of the biggest open source project and one that doesnt feel open source but it is open source . making the normies like it
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Well, IMO, it was, is and will always remain WordPress for me.

WordPress is an amazing CMS, with lots of features in it. It's so advanced, that Joomla can't even get close to it. The UI and other controls are absolutely amazing, and everything is so organized.

Agreed that WordPress can sometimes be vulnerable to SQL injection and such attacks due to compromised plugins, but personally I suggest using the minimal and only trusted plugins. TBH, WordPress security depends on the person using it, the installation can be made a lot more secure than what comes with the raw package.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(06-29-2020, 07:36 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: speaking of security . sometime the wordpress plugin can have a vulnerability . most of the time it is sql injection . wordpress itself doesnt gave the sql injection exploit but with the poorly written plugin it can . my empty wordpress site with some plugin built in for the template used to hacked for no reason . but the good thing is that there is also a SECURITY wordpress plugin

and yeah wordpress have rapid development because more developer are in . it is one of the biggest open source project and one that doesnt feel open source but it is open source . making the normies like it

Very true. But this is why people should take only those plugins in Wordpress Repository rather than from various sites. Also, people should check if the plugin gets updated regularly. I have been using Wordpress since 2008 or 2009 for all my sites and only once I had a SQL Injection. Even that was not from Wordpress but a server-level compromise at Godaddy. Those days I was using shared hosting.

This is a problem you easily avoid if you use plugins and themes from reliable sources. Also should keep everything up to date. Joomla haven't had this problem not only because their security but also there aren't too many extensions.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I think wordpress is the best one if we talk about multi purpose website builders, the main attraction for me is the ability to customize their script with different plugins. There are many online management companies working with wordpress. As I am dealing with educational institutions I have met some such companies who are providing wordpress educational site services. They just get a premium plugin and resell this.
All this is because the area of wordpress now became vast and developing further.

Thank you  Sweet

Wordpress is far better than Joomla..... Not only as its famous and many themes are there but Wordpress is better due to its SEO features.....
There are many things where Joomla wins and Wordpress looses and vice versa....
Its up to you that whether you want to use wordpress or joomla

My Recommendation: Wordpress Smile

There are many free themes as well as paid one too..... try the paid themes as they not only gives you a nice theme but a expert support option too!
There are many sites where you will get a nice theme for your site....

Curiously Waiting for you site Wink
Hope that it will be soon available! Wink
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Last Post: xdude
01-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Last Post: deanhills
07-16-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting