arrow_upward

Pages (9): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Windows 10 Experince ?
How many of you use Windows 10 in your Desktops or Laptops ? What do you think of the system compared to Windows 7 ? mention if you are using 32 bit or 64bit version and how much RAM do you have.
I need to format my Desktop very soon. I'm still between which OS to choice, Windows 7 or Windows 10. I don't mind about the support so I probbly gonna use Windows 7 for another year or 6 months depending on how things work for me. So the support is not my problem.
My Setup has Core i5-3350 processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM So Im using Windows 7 64bit version. I had bit of trouble installing Python 64bit and configure it with visual Studio Code.Apart from that everything else worked fine. I'm going to test this Python setup again before I format the PC. If I can get it work Im going stay with Windows 7 till next format.
I heard mix stuff about Windows 10. Everyone agree this version loads faster and it takes more RAM than Windows 7 which would be normal. It seems not everyone like the new app Store things. I kind of like it.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Welp as we all know, Windows 7 is reaching it's EOL this month, we're all forced to choose another option. My dad's job is an online one, and the company won't let him use an otherwise outdated OS on his PC. And they also insist on using only original copies of the OS, so accordingly we've placed an order for the OS which is about $100 and my dad has to switch over to the new OS before the 31st of January, which is the specified deadline by his organization.

So I've 7GB RAM on my PC, an Intel Pentium processor, and presently I'm using Windows 7 32-bit PC; IDK why, back in 2011 when my dad bought the Windows 7 OS his organization needed a 32-bit OS installation to ensure compatibility with their software. An interesting thing about this is that back then, the Win 7 OS costed us about $200 and now the Win 10 costs half of it.

Thankfully this time, his organization has their software compatible with the 64-bit OS as well, and thus I amn't installing 32-bit this time.

Coming to the usage of Windows 10, I've extensively used it on my school's PC which has 4GB RAM and a Pentium processor. Works amazingly well, and I've Atom and a few other things installed, including desktop apps like Discord and Android Studio as well.

Pretty much, I feel Windows 10 isn't as resource-hungry as it seems to be from various reviews and I like that aspect of the OS. Thus, @xdude I'll recommend it to you on a personal basis and I'm sure others will agree.

TBH I wouldn't mind using CentOS with GNOME or another desktop environment on my PC but of course, I can't do it unless I'd want to have my dad lose his job. Tongue

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
@sohamb03

Thanks for posting your experince in Windows 10. I'm glad to hear it's not the resource-hog many say in reviews. On the other hand I have no problem using Windows 7 for bit longer. I have used Windows since Windows 95 at school and Both Windows 98 and Windows XP in my first Desktop. Windows 98, Windows XP and Windows 7 very good. Not perfect but thats the best Microsoft has offered so far. I don't know about Windows 10 but everything else was not so good.
This article has several facts which I have been worried about Windows 10. Specially the fact we no longer can control updates.
Quote:https://itvision.altervista.org/why-wind...sucks.html

[Image: windows_devolution.jpg]

I have been using Windows since XP. I can't say that I am not experienced with it!

I think I got a "technical" user-experience with Windows nowadays, I am able to find and resolve problems around this System. I well know the settings and hidden places that no common-user knows and never use Smile

As a programmer, with the recent Windows 10 I am happy enough: WLS is a huge it, I can run linux stuff without dual-boot or VM with a native-like kernel running in background.

I still need Linux for some works because Windows doesn't have YET the integration capacity that Linux has with the various tools like compilers, services and other things.

On the other hand, Windows got all the software that you need without any problem, if you need a little of professional graphic editing you can go with Photoshop, if you need some video rendering you have a lot of choices.

So far I prefer Windows and with the in-coming WLS 2 on the next major update I hope to replace fully my Linux VM with it.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(01-28-2020, 04:55 PM)xdude Wrote: @sohamb03

Thanks for posting your experince in Windows 10. I'm glad to hear it's not the resource-hog many say in reviews. On the other hand I have no problem using Windows 7 for bit longer. I have used Windows since Windows 95 at school and Both Windows 98 and Windows XP in my first Desktop. Windows 98, Windows XP and Windows 7 very good. Not perfect but thats the best Microsoft has offered so far. I don't know about Windows 10 but everything else was not so good.
This article has several facts which I have been worried about Windows 10. Specially the fact we no longer can control updates.

[Image: windows_devolution.jpg]
Well, I've used only Windows XP since I was born Tongue. Then came in 2011 Windows 7 and now it's gonna be Windows 10. I only have an idea of how Win 95 looked, never used it anytime.

Coming to the article you mentioned, I'd say that not everything cannot be fully considered especially when there are other points also to be kept in mind. The article mainly criticizes Windows 10, and highlights all of the features which aren't good. But there are other positives as well which sets Windows 10 apart from all others.

You couldn't expect anything to be perfect and fully as per you want. As I've always been saying adjustment is the foundation of success. Sermonizing apart, I'd say that the best way to get to know a product is to try it out. I'm sure any of you friend must be having Windows 10 on their PC. Just try it out over an extended period of time, get to know it better, get used to all of it features, understand it's advantages and limitations and then make a decision. Remember, my opinion can never be same as yours. Neither should you be swayed by what someone it done reviews say. Ultimately, you're going to be the user and it's your own opinion that matters.

I'm also in agreement with @LightDestory about the usage of Linux. If you feel you could be comfortable with a Linux distro with a good desktop environment, then that could be the best for you.

But remember, before making any decision try it out yourself first. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
@xdude  I'm exactly where you are with making decisions.  But like you I'm planning to stick with my Windows 7 for a while longer.  I did that with Windows XP too after Microsoft stop support.  Until I started to run into issues with compatibility with applications.  When this starts to happen with Windows 7 too I'll think about changing.  But presently I don't have any issue that compels me to change.

Ideally I'd like to move away completely from Windows.  I'm a bit lazy though to go through that learning curve.  May check this out during the summer holidays.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I've been using Windows 10 even before It was officially out. (Technical Previews) and I cant say I don't like it. Its one of favorite ones, but I have never really preferred any windows over "Stability", mainly because I never really faced stability issues at all. but I liked to be on the latest software which is why I still am part of the testing program of Windows and get technical updates.

I use the 64-bit version and I have 8gb of ram, but the bigger player than RAM IMO was SSD, I recently switched from HDD to SSD and I can't say that I can go back anymore lmao, SSD seriously breathes life into any old PC/Laptop.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
For me, I like Windows 10 better than other versions, I can easily handle my projects with Windows 10.It has a nice user interface. But something I don't like is the auto update which can be stopped with some tweaks and the edge browser which is useless for me. I think windows 10 is having some lagging considering the ubuntu startup. My computer gets heat while loading Windows 10, I have used Windows 10 about one year and currently I have hard disc problem.

Thank you  Sweet

I am using both versions of windows. Windows 7 and the Window 10. On my PC i am using window 7. Because i mostly use my system for playing games and watching movies on internet. I haven't installed windows 10 because of auto updates. In Pakistan internet volume is limited and whenever i use internet on Windows 10 it automatically starts downloading updates.
While on laptop i use windows 10 because i use my laptop for personal use and some college works. Windows 10 security system is very great so i have installed it on personal laptop.
Tbh i will say windows 10 is good for everyone who have unlimited download volume. But not for people like me who have limited data volume.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Does Windows 10 also have the Windows Rot ? You know upto Windows 7, a fresh installation starts and shut down fast but with time it gets slower and slower. Also system gets slower too. I wonder if Microsoft has fix this in Windows 10. Those who have used it over year or 2 should know it. Also I heard how memory works in Windows 10 is different than in previous versions. It seems this also has it's pros and cons.

I also have the same issue @Rehan has. My Net connection gives me only 96GB per month. This also divied into 36GB Peak and 60GB off peak. Also I really don't want my pc to start download updates in peaktime. I had this problem with another microsoft product called Visual Studio Code. This is one of the main reasons why I'm gonna give Windows 7 another year.

Pages (9): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting