arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a xiaomi phone keeps stopping charging randomly.any suggestions ?
My old redmi note 4 is in excelleng condition. It feels as fast and snappy as it was on day one and on a full charge i get anywhere between 4:30 to 9 hours depending my usage pattern (ranging over always online and movies and media consumption to just pdf reading and calls on 2g).

But the sad thing is it has recently begun giving me troubles while charging. I use a good xiaomi charger. Now the set randomly stops charging. Switching off and on the charger won't work. i will have to unplug and plug the usb cable. Also i have checked that the charging amp rate comes down rapidly and eventually within 200mamp. so it is slow as hell. switching off the set while charging doesn't help.

Only thing i can think of now is some kind of cable fault. but what fault ?

i guess i will have to buy a good one and try again.

in the mean time, do you guys have any suggestion ?
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(07-07-2019, 10:33 AM)rudra Wrote: My old redmi note 4 is in excelleng condition. It feels as fast and snappy as it was on day one and on a full charge i get anywhere between 4:30 to 9 hours depending my usage pattern (ranging over always online and movies and media consumption to just pdf reading and calls on 2g).

But the sad thing is it has recently begun giving me troubles while charging. I use a good xiaomi charger. Now the set randomly stops charging. Switching off and on the charger won't work. i will have to unplug and plug the usb cable. Also i have checked that the charging amp rate comes down rapidly and eventually within 200mamp. so it is slow as hell. switching off the set while charging doesn't help.

Only thing i can think of now is some kind of cable fault. but what fault?

i guess i will have to buy a good one and try again.

in the mean time, do you guys have any suggestion ?

I currently own a Redmi Note 4.

Seems like you're having an issue with Note 4 device but this same issue is currently occurring with my dad's Redmi Note 3. The charges random disconnects and reconnects automatically when kept on charging. Sometimes it is stable(like it is right now) and sometimes it just blinks(disconnects and reconnects rapidly). Changing cables wouldn't help you because I personally decided to do that with my dad's phone but it won't work either.

So the main problem I estimate is the charging port. There are higher chances of charging ports being broken due to some random incidents like phone fell off from a height while it was being charged, phone or charger was tangled when it was charging, multiple attempts were made rapidly to connect or disconnect the charger in charging port or something similar. This mostly happens when the phone is tangled around with the charger while charging.

[Image: Galaxy-S5-Covered-Charging-Port.jpg]

There might other possibilities too but for now, I can think of the above ones only(as per my personal experiences and struggles with smart phones and chargers).
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Thanks Manal. That is sad Sad
I wanted to keep using it as long as its board worked. I don't have the tools to do a swap and i dunno how much they will charge for this. I guess i will ask a friend for the use of his solder iron and glass to do the job after i have asked for service charge from xiaomi repair shop (to be frank, im apprehensive about handing over the set to them beyond warranty. I guess they don't have much incentive to help me keep using the set. but i may be wrong).

I think it started after someone forced an older shorter port of some other phone cable into it. Sad
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(07-07-2019, 12:46 PM)rudra Wrote: Thanks Manal. That is sad Sad
I wanted to keep using it as long as its board worked. I don't have the tools to do a swap and i dunno how much they will charge for this. I guess i will ask a friend for the use of his solder iron and glass to do the job after i have asked for service charge from xiaomi repair shop (to be frank, im apprehensive about handing over the set to them beyond warranty. I guess they don't have much incentive to help me keep using the set. but i may be wrong).

I think it started after someone forced an older shorter port of some other phone cable into it. Sad

I would suggest you go to Xaomi service center to repair(if you are willing to) because of those "street repairers" would just loot you with poor quality hardware.
thanks. I probably will do that. just thinking of ordering from alibaba and doing myself. haha
(07-07-2019, 12:46 PM)rudra Wrote: I think it started after someone forced an older shorter port of some other phone cable into it. Sad
I had a similar situation with a Samsung tablet however right in the beginning when I charged it for the first time.  I used a charge cable for another Samsung device, not the one that was original and came with the tablet.  Are you using the original charge cable that came with your Redmi? Like the charger I was using at the time when I was having the problem was a very reliable charger, but somehow there was something not working in it for that particular Tablet. Then when I Googled the problem I saw discussions about one has to use the original charger that came with the tablet. That fixed my problem immediately.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
i am using the original charger and cable since the beginning. but you know how it is with some people. they just don't give much thought or in their enthusiasm to help you, they end up actually hurting you and you can't even tell them about what they did. they will feel seriously hurt and think i am being ungrateful and that they merely tried to be of help.

right now it is doing ok. but there is no guarantee when it is going go start acting up. i also thought about other things. like faulty charging section or battery. Though it is certainly weird in its way of manifestation of the symptoms.
(07-08-2019, 03:08 AM)rudra Wrote: i am using the original charger and cable since the beginning. but you know how it is with some people. they just don't give much thought or in their enthusiasm to help you, they end up actually hurting you and you can't even tell them about what they did. they will feel seriously hurt and think i am being ungrateful and that they merely tried to be of help.

right now it is doing ok. but there is no guarantee when it is going go start acting up. i also thought about other things. like faulty charging section or battery. Though it is certainly weird in its way of manifestation of the symptoms.

I wouldn't be as emotional as you seem to be. I just get pissed off if someone breaks my charger. I'm even thinking of buying an MI Original Power bank soon.
I noticed something. I guess the battery is faulty here. It is the battery temp that gets high too fast and charging amperage gets throttled and soon stops.

Only solution was to write a script that kicks in when charging and keeps amperage within 500 mamp. Thus keeping it from getting too hot.

But the wonderful thing is, once full charged, the battery wofks normal. It does not get discharged too fast which apears to md to be logical if internal effective resistance has increased. weird !

Off topic ...

Ha Ha. thanks, Manal, for pointing that to me. Actually, that redmi note 4 was my first smart phone. I like it a lot. Another reason is all my life, i have been plagued by such people. So much so that i get suspicious and extra cautious around people who give a good first impression. Abnormal response, to say the least. I know !
(07-08-2019, 01:05 PM)rudra Wrote: I noticed something. I guess the battery is faulty here. It is the battery temp that gets high too fast and charging amperage gets throttled and soon stops.

Only solution was to write a script that kicks in when charging and keeps amperage within 500 mamp. Thus keeping it from getting too hot.

But the wonderful thing is, once full charged, the battery wofks normal. It does not get discharged too fast which apears to md to be logical if internal effective resistance has increased. weird !

Off topic ...

Ha Ha. thanks, Manal, for pointing that to me. Actually, that redmi note 4 was my first smart phone. I like it a lot. Another reason is all my life, i have been plagued by such people. So much so that i get suspicious and extra cautious around people who give a good first impression. Abnormal response, to say the least. I know !

Co-incidently, Redmi Note 4 is my first smartphone too. I mean, I have a good experience with smartphones earlier too but I always had second-hand phones of either my dad or mum or just using my mum's phone to do all my operations.

The script if you're talking about works well, that will be great.

Well, your phone goes to a meme box. Many memes say that Redmi's phone heat very fast but I never faced that. Not unless you have a cover over it. I don't know what type of magic it is but my phone cover always absorbs mobile's heat so I prefer to keep it covered.

And if your phone works fine once it is 100%, I would suggest you do this. When you charge your phone, make sure your battery is less than 10 or 5% and don't unplug it unless it is 99%. Try not to keep 100% charging all the time. A friend of mine suggested doing this and named this technique "Battery Calibration" and at some extent, it really works and kinda increases battery life as long as I keep continuing this practice.
Obviously, phones have lives and that might happen but MI is known for battery performance and affordable phones Its rare to see someone really facing battery issue with MI phones(excluding charging issues). It happens mostly because either you have too many apps or you're doing something that drains your battery very fast. Most people keep their GPS and Bluetooth on for no reason,
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting