arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VPS 15-18 Hostlease ID [NO LONGER REQUIRED]
(08-02-2019, 02:32 PM)tiwil Wrote: What does this mean actually? HostDoc ID to Hostlease VPS? Maybe you have typo on it?

Anyway, this may decreasing people that wanted VPS with those ID verifications. This happen too with HostDoc VPS. HostDoc sponsored 3, but only 1 taken.
No it is correct.  Further to @Pacific Spirit explanation, the request for an ID has nothing to do with post4vps or with HostDoc or Hostlease. Every one has been forced by the European Union to comply with its rules - ownership of all servers within the European Union have to be perfectly accountable and they have to have a detailed and verified record of ID. Regrettably all VPSs and servers that are in the European Union are now affected, and if you try and purchase a VPS, server or any kind of hosting in the European Union zone you will be subjected to the same legislation and screening.  Failure of following this rule will make the sponsor guilty of not following the EU law and penalties will apply.  Apart from a huge fine, this would then go on the record of the sponsor as well.  Sponsors like HostDoc or Hostlease have to abide by the regulation and through them we have to abide as well.  The European Union is developing a system of auditing all of the hosting accounts in the European Union, so at any time can write to the companies and ask them to show their compliance of the rule.  I haven't heard of that happening yet, but all it takes is one person complaining about the host to the right authority at the European Union, and I'm almost certain this could lead to a notification of some sort to the hosting company that would include proof of them following the ID rule.

That's probably one reason why I will never buy any hosting in Europe again.  I don't like those kinds of rules.  No doubt now that other countries of the world see what the EU is doing, they will be making similar rules and as per usual every one will be following them like slaves.  I'm very happy if I see a company that refuses to do this.  And I have seen some.  It would be interesting to see what the powers of the EU are to penalize that company and how they would go about shutting it down.  If we allow that kind of control to happen, probably that will be our fault too.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: VPS 15-18 Hostlease ID Requirement - Immediately Applicable to ALL Hostlease VPSs - by deanhills - 08-03-2019, 04:38 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting