arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new smart phone with a open-source OS? Librem 5?
@deanhills
i am following their progress for a while now. They aim to make it all transparent and open. But did you check their prices ? I can't even think of touching one. Ouch.
It is rather easy to check our pc by analyzing traffic that it is safe. much more cost effective.

That company is engaged in reverse engineering those closed systems and writing code that functions same way. to avoid lawsuits. That is very costly. Also it will neither keep up with latest developments in hardware nor with software/firmware patches.

I just wish a company made a line of hardwares totally open. But the unfortunate reality is the huge amount of intellectual property / patents is owned by a few big chip makers. you can count them on one hand. they are behemoths and behemoths hardly ever brought on disruptive tech. Our only hope is someone like elon mask comes along and does that. like hugo bara did by setting up xiaomi for affordable electronics market.

tiwil,
really wrong assessment. There will always remain bugs and it will rather increase until and unless some kind of provably {machine provable. that will work like compilers. did you ever stop to think how the first compiler got compiled. haha. also how a lang compiler can be written in that same lang. haha. read and you will know. what fun } safe language is used. there are. but then i dont know if its widespread usage is even practical or possible. not everyone is computer scientist in dev world. A lot of people working on parts is bound to make things with bugs with our normal languages. There is tens of thousands of lines of code. millions ?

So it is always better to be opensource. Even for farmware and such. I am sure it would generate huge interest and big following.

thanks

@HR
yes. extremely costly and not that high spec to jusgify for us normal users.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-26-2019, 07:26 AM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting