arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new smart phone with a open-source OS? Librem 5?
(08-26-2019, 09:03 AM)tiwil Wrote: Yup, I know there will be remain bug in every single application that have been made. We also know how volunteer all around the world working to fix Linux-based OS.

But, we all know that in this kind of world, you also met bad people that want to harm your PC/phone. That's the point I'm talking about.

From my newbie point as a user, I think it's way faster for hacker to hack a system that's open-source than the one that's not open-source. Take a look on Wordpress, it's open source, and we see how many attack in Wordpress and Wordpress need to be updated to prevent hackers.

You didn't get the point. Hackers , especially state actors will spend all their efforts to hack. But when the code is opensource, everyone interested can take a quick look anytime they want and the whole bug swatting gets a lot easier and really fast and efficient for popular systems. Just see what happens with Android ( not getting update is OEm issue) and also how Intel processors had so much poo in them behind closed doors.

Now in case of wordpress, that is a behemoth and mostly used by web developers and normal users and not computer experts. Also the errors mostly come from incompatible plugins and themes. the core is well and good.

So your points do not count.

Security in obscurity is really really futile.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-26-2019, 07:26 AM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting