arrow_upward

Poll: Do you recommend the use of Static Website Generators? If yes, which one do you recommend?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. My choice is Jekyll
10.00%
Yes. My choice is Hugo
0%
Yes. I'm using a different one.
10.00%
No. I prefer the convenience of a Content Management System.
80.00%
Total
10 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one?
I'm totally out of my depth on static website generators.  I am trying to learn more before I jump into it.  How easy is it to do? What are the pros and cons of using a static website generator? Is there any one here who is using a static website generator to generate blogs and blog posts?  Which generator are you using?  Tell us what your experiences are and if you are using a generator, which one you would recommend.

In my researches so far I've come across Hugo and Jekyll via YouTube.  As there are some good tutorials for them there.  Which one of the two would be better suited to a Linux VPS?  If you are using a different static website generator that you think is better for creating blog websites, tell us what your experience has been.

To open the discussion, I've found a YouTube video giving a more entertaining explanation of what static website generators are and what the experience of the user has been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxxvzkgaiEo
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one? - by deanhills - 08-26-2019, 03:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-18-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: ikk157
09-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting