arrow_upward

Poll: Do you recommend the use of Static Website Generators? If yes, which one do you recommend?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. My choice is Jekyll
10.00%
Yes. My choice is Hugo
0%
Yes. I'm using a different one.
10.00%
No. I prefer the convenience of a Content Management System.
80.00%
Total
10 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one?
(01-13-2020, 05:25 AM)xdude Wrote: If your site stay static for long period of time and don't have too much information then yeah these stafic site scripts are okey. I have been usiong mySQL for like 15 years and Only once I had SQL injection problem. Even that was not my fault by Godaddy has some Admin login compromize and had a massive server wide SQL injection spread. That was like 10 years ago and I havent had a single problem since them. Chances are very very rare if you have propper server hardening done.

For me Wordpress has everything I need. If I need just a basic site like landing page then its easy to create that.

Many people are complaining that Wordpress is a security nightmare. Specially if you use plugins with it. It also tends to cause high load, not exactly something you’d want.

I wouldn’t personally recommend it. If you want a CMS, use something such as Joomla. But avoid Wordpress if you can.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one? - by ikk157 - 01-13-2020, 10:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-18-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: ikk157
09-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting