arrow_upward

Poll: Do you recommend the use of Static Website Generators? If yes, which one do you recommend?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. My choice is Jekyll
10.00%
Yes. My choice is Hugo
0%
Yes. I'm using a different one.
10.00%
No. I prefer the convenience of a Content Management System.
80.00%
Total
10 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one?
(01-15-2020, 12:30 PM)xdude Wrote: I don't know who are those many people complain about Wordpress but I can't tell you the problem is on their side, not on Wordpress. Not sure how old you have used Joomla or Wordpress but I have used both since Since 2009. I don't like changes lot so I took my time before movin to Wordpress from Static. I really should have moved to Wordpress couple years before. I have dropped Joomla long time ago. It has lost the compition long time ago.

99% of Wordpress oriented problems are users fault. If it's a hacking 99% times the reason is because people using stupidly simple passwords or not keeping the site updated. A user should never use Admin as username and also always need to use at least 12 chractors as password.

Second thing :- The first you need to do after installing a fressh wordpress installation is do a speed test and mark your site speed without any themes or plugins. (Just use the default theme). Then always check the speed when installed a new theme or plugin.  Also I would only use themes/pugins from Wordpress repository. Even thats only after reading all reviews about those.

If you do those then most of those so call problems won't ever happen. In reality those high load issues rarely happen these days. Servers are quite powerful these days so those can handle. It's something really abnormals its either you have a crappy theme/plugin installed which can easily weed out or you are getting DDOSed by someone which has nothing to do with WP. I have one server where I run more than 30  avarage size Wordpress sites along with 2 big SMF forums. If I get a high load problem that usually caused by one of those forums.

Remember Wordpress is just a tool. A good one which has been built and vetted by the best in the field. If there is something wrong with your Wordpress sites then thats due to how you manage it. Otherwise  Wordpress wouldn't become crazy popular.

You have many solid points there which I highly agree with.

However, the one point where you mention that it’s almost always the users’ fault doesn’t seem to make Wordpress any better in my opinion.

Part of what makes a piece of software good is how hard it is to mess up from the end users perspective. If something is so easily messed up to the point where it no longer gets secure, then that already ruins its overall quality. Bare in mind that not everyone out there is a security expert or a web developer. There are people who don’t know any of that and simply just want to host their own website. Now if the software they’re using isn’t inexperienced people proof, it already makes it unsuitable for a good amount of people. And that’s exactly the case with Wordpress! If you know what you’re doing, then you’re all set. However, if you’re just getting started, then there’s a good chance that things could go terribly wrong for you.

“ I don't know who are those many people complain about Wordpress”

Well I’m part of the heliohost community (I’m a voluntary helper in their discord). And the users are constantly complaining about the heavy load Wordpress causes. Even the admins hate it so much! And everyone that switched to an alternative such as Joomla never faced these problems again!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you recommend Static Website Generators - Hugo or Jekyll? Or another one? - by ikk157 - 01-15-2020, 11:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-18-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: ikk157
09-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting