arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notice to VPS Holders who aren't complying with their backlink requirements!
(06-15-2020, 10:59 AM)ikk157 Wrote: @deanhills I think I know why the ones who dont use their VPSs to host a website are quite hesitant to make a website dedicated for the backlinks. Web servers tend to use up precious resources, specially in the smaller/lower speced VPSs where you need to preserve as many resources as possible. So it might not seem reasonable for these VPS holders who don’t use their VPSs for web hosting (and hence don’t already have a web server in mind) to use up precious resources for a simple website.

However, I do have a possible solution for that (but that needs approval from the admins like yourself first) which said holders can do.

They can simply get an account at any free web host, and host the backlinks there! Does the job perfectly and won’t consume precious VPS resources.

On my end, I’m quite lucky since I already host my site on my VPS. And hence the web server was already part of my plan and I’ve made sure that it has enough resources without affecting any other processes. And that’s exactly why I had my backlink site ready and running since the day i got my VPS!
@ikk157  That unfortunately won't work as the VPS has to be the sponsor's VPS.  It's a promo model used to market their VPS.  So logically they would like the back links to come from their VPS.  That is where they will be doing their checking.  

To get all confusion out of the way when members participate in a Giveaway, we will be asking them at the application stage to submit a plan how they are going to execute the Sponsor's requirements. Just to make sure they understand what the requirements are, can visualize the execution of the backlinks and are committed. I'd imagine if a member would think there's going to be a space limitation, it can be clarified at the application stage.  We're not talking about a big Website here.  A single static page would be sufficient.  When I checked through the VPSs there is not a single VPS under 16 GB in size. Average is 20GB plus. Any way, the requirements will have to be brought into consideration when the member applies for a VPS. The member will have to figure that out ahead of creating the VPS for the member. If he thinks he can't accommodate this, then obviously the VPS he wants to apply for won't work for him.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Notice to VPS Holders who aren't complying with their backlink requirements! - by deanhills - 06-16-2020, 07:06 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting