arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notice to VPS Holders who aren't complying with their backlink requirements!
(06-15-2020, 05:37 PM)xdude Wrote: Ok I don't know if its good or bad saying this but I think this approach might not be practical. I mean members just creating a page just to cover the requirement. I thought this rule applies only if the member runs a web server. Then it make sense since the person would be running a real web site. Making up and page just for a link can do more harm than good. Because first of all the page / site need to have some good unique content. For example a review about post4vps or about the sponsor. Content which at least has about 700 words. Otherwise it would be just a spam link.

So lets see you create a page with good unique content. If you just set it up and forget then it will be just like signpost in middle of a jungle. Nobody will see Nobody will know. So I don't think its practical at all. Also I don't think it gonna work if the member has to run and maintain a website just for this. I mean create it then build backlinks for it then keep updating etc. Okey if the sponsor is fine with that then its all good.

Otherwise this needs a different approach. Well it's just a though.
@xdude  The sponsor requirements ask for backlinks. It's the only requirement they have. I'm sure the sponsor knows the backlinks in best of circumstances will be temporary and not of the royal SEO type you're accustomed too.  As long as the sponsor searches the VPS and can find a back link to his Website we're happy.  As that is what he wants. Some of our sponsors do do those searches. They don't ask us for the links, but they search for the links themselves on the VPSs. If they don't find the backlinks they consider it a breach of agreement of using the VPS.  I understand exactly what you mean, but we need to work around what the sponsor wants as a condition of having use of the VPS.

I've mentioned before that the ideal (if you're not running a Web server) is not a fully fledged Website, but a static one-page Website paying tribute to the sponsor and to post4vps.  The static page would need no maintenance at all.  What would work is if someone is into Games Servers, he could make a little summary of the Games Servers he is running, or is planning to run.  And then thanks to the sponsor for making it possible and to post4vps with links to the two.  That's why I think it is essential to discuss this at the application stage of the VPS.  So we can work on a plan before the VPS is given.

BTW thank you so much for the Backlinks provided through your WordPress site. Absolutely brilliant. Cool
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Notice to VPS Holders who aren't complying with their backlink requirements! - by deanhills - 06-16-2020, 07:25 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting