arrow_upward

Pages (6):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 affecting education in countries
Hello there,
I'm opening this poll, Obviously all schools colleges are closed and classes are being conducted online. In Pakistan, I'm currently in college. We have intermediate exams in may exams these are finals exams,
I would like to know whats the situation of the exams in other countries.
Hey,

I am also from Pakistan. I was enrolled in the Cambridge O/A levels and due to CoVid-19 our exams were cancelled. Cambridge is instead opting for an "evidence based grade" meaning grades will be provided to students based on the data their schools provide to Cambridge. This means no one really knows what everyone will get and fingers are crossed.

Other then that, situation is getting worse here day by day as our confirmed cases continue to rise, hopefully the universities are not effected too much by this.

Btw, I'd recommend renaming the title Smile
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(05-04-2020, 03:24 PM)Honey Wrote: Hey,

I am also from Pakistan. I was enrolled in the Cambridge O/A levels and due to CoVid-19 our exams were cancelled. Cambridge is instead opting for an "evidence based grade" meaning grades will be provided to students based on the data their schools provide to Cambridge. This means no one really knows what everyone will get and fingers are crossed.

Other then that, situation is getting worse here day by day as our confirmed cases continue to rise, hopefully the universities are not effected too much by this.

Btw, I'd recommend renaming the title Smile

hey, renamed the title thanks,
that would be actually pretty weird, Since i have seen most of the students study at the last moment and i'm also one of those student as well. It would be rather more better if the cambridge would give assignments to students in these months and students complete it and they would be marked according to it. Not everyones schools data is good. In my college almost every class failed Phyiscs/Chemistry/Maths almost the whole college.
Where you from in pakistan? situation is pretty out of hands 4 days back there were 14,000 cases now its 21,000.
it is going to especially hurt the good students. all the hardwork they put in to score high will probably become good for naught. but everyone studying for deeper understanding and true education will remain unaffected.

the situation is very worrying in India too. so many entrance exams are postponed and no news of how or when they are going to happen.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Everything in the school switches to Digital!
All work is provided by the teacher via e-mail or messaging Application!
And there are no more exams, all grades are determined from all the hard work of this year!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(05-04-2020, 09:07 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: Everything in the school switches to Digital!
All work is provided by the teacher via e-mail or messaging Application!
And there are no more exams, all grades are determined from all the hard work of this year!

In my country, They are still deciding to take exams in centers, And exam centers aree wayyy more crowded as you can say like a stadium. 
This is actually fine promoting by grades, but wouldn't be it difficult for some students who actually study less. For example they are deciding to implement this as well in my college, around 70% of the college failed in 1 or 2 papers in mid-term, As Maths/Physics/Chemistry of college is way too hard. Even toppers managed to get passing marks.

(05-04-2020, 05:31 PM)rudra Wrote: it is going to especially hurt the good students. all the hardwork they put in to score high will probably become good for naught. but everyone studying for deeper understanding and true education will remain unaffected.

the situation is very worrying in India too. so many entrance exams are postponed and no news of how or when they are going to happen.

Yes it indeed will. I dont know why the goverment in pakistan is still deciding to take exams as usual. Already people are not listening to orders or not doing anything for the coronavirus, and yet they are going to conduct exams. It's not decided yet but it will be soon in days.
I think my country has the worst situation especially students like who has this national exam, since this quarantine time nobody can go outside even for private lessons, so we need to study alone even that there is no digital or e-learning because of lack or resources and the government can not make our lessons online for about 1 month so here is what they have done, first of all they delay the date of the national exam, and finish the year for high school students except for those who have the final exam in the high school its an exam about the hole year, so nobody can do anything, anyways after couples of weeks they decided to finish the year and students back to schools to finish the final period lessons, after that we will need to have the exam at 8th of July, one more Tunisian school system with out private lessons taken by private teachers you can not pass the year because the public teacher ain't explain or helping us to understand, so they are useless to be honest and if you don't take private lessons you will fail the year, anyways so we can not have private lessons because quarantine and we study around 20 to 30 student per group so that private teachers can not manage groups and make 5 to 10 per group, it will take more time etc, so the Bac student here in Tunisia needs to revise alone and keep his head up to date, because that crap exam about the hole year, the government ain't helping the students in any way but they made it worst with their decisions, there goal is to finish the year and have exams done so next year students goes to university. i can't imagine which is more worst than that.
Watch this beauty till the end..

(05-04-2020, 02:40 PM)Abdul Sami Wrote: Hello there,
I'm opening this poll, Obviously all schools colleges are closed and classes are being conducted online. In Pakistan, I'm currently in college. We have intermediate exams in may exams these are finals exams,

The Covid 19 pandemic has completely flipped the quality of education upside side down.

We went from having physical classes to online ones within a matter of a few days! It’s such a huge change and we can tell many aren’t used to it. I’m personally struggling to understand much through online lessons.

It’s honestly a complete mess and the majority aren’t well prepared for it.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(05-04-2020, 02:40 PM)sAmI Wrote: Hello there,

Here in my country (netherlands), schools were closed for a month and the exams were taken online, and we had to take the exams online at home (with our computer via the Internet). You may think that these exams are easy, but this is not the case. We have little time to answer each of the questions, and if our time runs out, we will not be able to answer that question, even if we know the answer. (The reason for this is that students cannot cheat)
Thanks Post4VPS
(06-14-2020, 06:57 PM)hamed Wrote: Here in my country (netherlands), schools were closed for a month and the exams were taken online, and we had to take the exams online at home (with our computer via the Internet). You may think that these exams are easy, but this is not the case. We have little time to answer each of the questions, and if our time runs out, we will not be able to answer that question, even if we know the answer. (The reason for this is that students cannot cheat)

Now the condition of the institutes are worse than ever, The principal of the schools and colleges have to fire the teachers as they are not able to pay them out. It's becoming worse for everyone, I'm in college right now first year and i have been promoted to Second year without any exams which are called Intermediate Board Exams. About the online exams, My school also tried to conduct online exams yet they failed their LMS is not much good and was not able to handle any type of load over their website and it was really easy to cheat. Universities are experiencing more issues than colleges, They are conducting online classes and the semesters are not going well at all. Teachers does not exactly know how to use Zoom so students make fun of them saying Press ALT+F4 to fix this and all so its all a mess right now. 
I hope this pandemic ends soon and everything just get to order!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Pages (6):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting