arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 affecting education in countries
(02-26-2021, 03:23 PM)fChk Wrote: This is so delicious that I can't miss the opportunity to comment on it!

_RANT_ON

Governments who think they can go back to pre-2020 'way of life' are clueless to what just happened in front of our collective eyes...

Folks! 2020 was the year the 21st century started not 2000!.. We got twenty years to start getting warmed up to... this!.. and THIS is OUR NEW NORMAL.

Governments -sleeping at the wheel- should wake up!.. This is IT!.. A long chain of disrupting changes are coming your way!.. just try to keep up!

_RANT_OFF

Haha interesting rant, but, our government isn't exactly that updated with technology tbh, there was legit a minister who thought coroanvirus was some sort of an insect and actually asked in a private meeting, "how does it bite?"....

I agree that the coronavirus will be a very big impact on the world, the corporate world has been introduced to remote working, and now since its been established on such a global level, they don't really need to invest that much on physical offices if they can build a virtual office.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(02-26-2021, 03:23 PM)fChk Wrote: This is so delicious that I can't miss the opportunity to comment on it!

_RANT_ON

Governments who think they can go back to pre-2020 'way of life' are clueless to what just happened in front of our collective eyes...

Folks! 2020 was the year the 21st century started not 2000!.. We got twenty years to start getting warmed up to... this!.. and THIS is OUR NEW NORMAL.

Governments -sleeping at the wheel- should wake up!.. This is IT!.. A long chain of disrupting changes are coming your way!.. just try to keep up!

_RANT_OFF

This is really an good rant, You know what, There are people in our goverment who hasn't even completed their college and is taking our education sector decisions for whole country or state? Literally everyday there is like 1300 cases each day, And they are opening things so it can go back it was. Literally the goverment could not even control the people. No one wears a MASK AT ALL. It feels like i'm the only one wearing. The goverment wont wake up at all. After THIS HUGE IMPACT THEYYY REALLY THINK THAT THEY CAN PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. You know whattt people DO NOT EVEN WANT COLLEGES TO OPEN AT ALL NOWW they are so used to online thingss. xd

(02-27-2021, 11:57 AM)Honey Wrote: Haha interesting rant, but, our government isn't exactly that updated with technology tbh, there was legit a minister who thought coroanvirus was some sort of an insect and actually asked in a private meeting, "how does it bite?"....

I agree that the coronavirus will be a very big impact on the world, the corporate world has been introduced to remote working, and now since its been established on such a global level, they don't really need to invest that much on physical offices if they can build a virtual office.

Technology in Pakistan is very weak and we are really really far behind in many stuff, Literally there was this guy who said to eat a pigeon boiled in water and you will be corona free soo we cant even say anything on this. 

About virtual offices i believe it can be done in rich countries, It's not really possible in Pakistan. Many people are so unfamiliar with basic use of technology. Connectivity issues in different parts of the country. I wonder when we will ever be getting 100m/bit connection at home easily.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Schools in my city reopened from 9th of February, though only for those classes who will be writing their board examinations this year (10 and 12). Well I must say schools have taken great care while welcoming back students, there were strict guidelines issued to us before being called to school including the use masks, gloves and face shields.

There was thermal screening before entering the campus and sanitizing machines all over the place. Everyone was taking extra care in handling apparatus and so on.

It's high time we go back to normal schedule, life cannot be stranded after all. Though it's great to see that everything is being done in such a great manner here. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(02-28-2021, 10:46 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Schools in my city reopened from 9th of February, though only for those classes who will be writing their board examinations this year (10 and 12). Well I must say schools have taken great care while welcoming back students, there were strict guidelines issued to us before being called to school including the use masks, gloves and face shields.

There was thermal screening before entering the campus and sanitizing machines all over the place. Everyone was taking extra care in handling apparatus and so on.

It's high time we go back to normal schedule, life cannot be stranded after all. Though it's great to see that everything is being done in such a great manner here. Smile

Extra measures in Pakistan are also being taken but thats only to show off only, Thermal Screening happens everywhere but literally no one even care to look at the temperature i usually have a high body temperature without even any fever only i have been stopped once in out 1000 places. In my college, The teachers does the thermal check but the only thing they know is to press this button and it beeps you are good to go. I don't blame the teachers in any way because they have not been taught anything except for pressing the button and they are pretty old. Our principal in college said "There is no such thing as corona", And yesterday we got to know he was not coming to college due to Corona. 

People are just doing these measures for the show so they do not get closed or fined by the goverment else they don't care about COVID-19 at in any way. Many people still say there is no such thing as COVID-19, well can't argue with them.

A question for you, Did they concluded the board examination last year? And you wore 10 and 12 so like 11 class is not going to give the board exam? Can you please explain this?
Our syllabus has reduced to 60% and the pattern is being changed (not sure) 50% MCQS and 30% Short Questions and 20% Long which is fairly a goood thing and a bad thing too.

(02-28-2021, 11:20 AM)sAmI Wrote: Extra measures in Pakistan are also being taken but thats only to show off only, Thermal Screening happens everywhere but literally no one even care to look at the temperature i usually have a high body temperature without even any fever only i have been stopped once in out 1000 places. In my college, The teachers does the thermal check but the only thing they know is to press this button and it beeps you are good to go. I don't blame the teachers in any way because they have not been taught anything except for pressing the button and they are pretty old. Our principal in college said "There is no such thing as corona", And yesterday we got to know he was not coming to college due to Corona. 

People are just doing these measures for the show so they do not get closed or fined by the goverment else they don't care about COVID-19 at in any way. Many people still say there is no such thing as COVID-19, well can't argue with them.

It's ridiculous of the authorities to behave in such ways especially in such a delicate period of pandemic. Here we have a 500 INR fine for not wearing masks in public. And that is being enforced with the help of police everywhere. I can't say about other parts of the country but in my city it's definitely being done. 

(02-28-2021, 11:20 AM)sAmI Wrote: A question for you, Did they concluded the board examination last year? And you wore 10 and 12 so like 11 class is not going to give the board exam? Can you please explain this?
Our syllabus has reduced to 60% and the pattern is being changed (not sure) 50% MCQS and 30% Short Questions and 20% Long which is fairly a goood thing and a bad thing too.

Welp, here only class 10 and 12 give board examinations conducted by the national councils, class 1-9 and 11 examinations are conducted by the school itself. So these exams are being held online, hence 1-9 and 11 aren't being called to school, whereas we are as we're to appear for the board exams.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

(02-28-2021, 03:15 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: It's ridiculous of the authorities to behave in such ways especially in such a delicate period of pandemic. Here we have a 500 INR fine for not wearing masks in public. And that is being enforced with the help of police everywhere. I can't say about other parts of the country but in my city it's definitely being done. 

Welp, here only class 10 and 12 give board examinations conducted by the national councils, class 1-9 and 11 examinations are conducted by the school itself. So these exams are being held online, hence 1-9 and 11 aren't being called to school, whereas we are as we're to appear for the board exams.

You are right, There was also a time here when there was a fine imposed of 1000RS and it was also done for show off so people can actually get scared but literally it only went for a week or so and that didn't happened. One good thing i like the people who tried to open their shops after time was forcefully closed by the police and they took a really great action on it. Now everything is done for show so they wont get fined or closed by the goverment.

It's really great that 11 examinations are conducted by school itself. In Pakistan, 9-10-11-12 classes have to appear in board examinations, We have really tough syllabus in 11-12 and that literally makes you cry. Every class now is being called to school and it's really a mess honestly. I'm sure there will be another wave coming soon.

(02-28-2021, 05:54 PM)sAmI Wrote: You are right, There was also a time here when there was a fine imposed of 1000RS and it was also done for show off so people can actually get scared but literally it only went for a week or so and that didn't happened. One good thing i like the people who tried to open their shops after time was forcefully closed by the police and they took a really great action on it. Now everything is done for show so they wont get fined or closed by the goverment.

Yeah well the timely actions of police have stopped here too, only the fine system is still continued which at least instills a fear in the people to not break the security norms.

(02-28-2021, 05:54 PM)sAmI Wrote: It's really great that 11 examinations are conducted by school itself. In Pakistan, 9-10-11-12 classes have to appear in board examinations, We have really tough syllabus in 11-12 and that literally makes you cry. Every class now is being called to school and it's really a mess honestly. I'm sure there will be another wave coming soon.

I see. A bit different from here then. Well for 11 and 12, the examinations are conducted by the school and they set the papers though the marks have to be uploaded to the council. And it's exactly the same procedure as a board exam so not much of a difference for us per say.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

well well well,
guys do you believe about that covid19 ? bcz im and i won't believe that virus.. cuz for me isnt real...

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

(02-27-2021, 11:57 AM)Honey Wrote: I agree that the coronavirus will be a very big impact on the world, the corporate world has been introduced to remote working, and now since its been established on such a global level, they don't really need to invest that much on physical offices if they can build a virtual office.

I wasn't really talking about the COVID-19 fallouts -that we'll be struggling with for as much long as the 80-90% of the Globe isn't immunized against it, but- that's practically a done deal now that Vaccines are rolling out, I'm more alarmed at what's not yet here but looming in the background; yes, more emerging diseases breakouts of the SARS-CoV family, Ebola, Zika kinds .. Their root causes are still there, hence we're not out of the woods yet, if ever!..

For as long as the current Neoliberal model is implemented Worldwide (under the US coercion--the big stick foreign policy of it,) more of the same disasters will emerge.. in addition to the big price of it: the Climate Change Fallouts!.. That should be the kicker part of it, and, Folks!.. It's not a joke! it's as real as the Polar storm event that 'kicked the butt' of the most Neoliberal state in the US, ie Texas!..

Hope they have eyes to see what's coming in the decades to come.

Anyway, just a heads up!.. I may not witness all that taking shape, but the youngest folks here WILL!...
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
I am adding some information here what is going on here in Pakistan and how is the education situation has worsen here. I am almost three months away in completing my Second Year of college which i'm not sure how i am gonna complete my board examinations since literally no one has done proper preparation for the exam. Having only 2 class is fine but we cannot either take tuitions due to the risk of COVID. Students has demanded to exam the CIES Exam (O & A Level) because they are about to start in 10-15 days and their syllabus is more hard.
The goverment has decided to close schools till 1 class to 8th grade and universities whereas i dont know in their eyes students of 9-10-11-12 are not humans and they are immune to COVID

There is now being protest held in real life by students as well as on twitter to get the message to Prime Minister which has now become trending in Pakistan at 1 Number
"#ImranKhanCancelEXAMS". I'm not sure how our college is going to get completed last year we got promotion to second year. Now this time i'm not sure what is going to happen!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting