arrow_upward

Pages (9): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] 38th Giveaway
New VPS5 Specs look really good. KVM servers with 4GB RAM plus 100GB Space. Well Network Speed seems only 250 mbps which is low compared to other servers in pool but still not bad at all. Since there aren't any special rules I guess they allow Windows servers and do have those templates. 2 lucky members will win those 2 great servers.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(11-06-2018, 12:39 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: i used to install windows server 2016 on the vds that @Tyler gave me on the giveaway . it only last less than a week but it doesnt have a windows reinstallation . but the panel (unlike vps9 that doesnt have panel) have iso for windows and virtio . i just select the windows iso as the primary boot and the second iso is the virtio . first just install like usual but you need a driver from the virtio iso when asked for driver just navigate for the driver and it will work and detect the drive . after finish installing install the internet driver and its done

windows server 2016 is basically windows 10 server edition instalation is mostly same  . you do the installation from the vnc on the panel . and dont forget to activate it or just use a trial if you dont have the license which most of us dont and @cubedata really want it

Of course I want a valid and legitimate license for any windows install you have on my servers because I want to make sure I weed out any "script kiddies" and such that would use windows for traffic exchange and such. that is why I require any windows install to have a valid and legitimate license for any windows install to prevent those issues. because of course you aren't going to go through the hassle of getting windows(which means paying for it) and having it manually validated by me before being allowed to use it to do any sort of traffic exchange and such. as I also monitor people very closely and if I even detect a hint of you using windows for these purposes I can guarantee you will be terminated as pursuant to my tos/aup.
and you will be reported to dynamo and such here.
Wow! The new VPS 5 comes to play. Great to see. It's interesting to me because, comparing to my VPS 8, and I'm in Asia, its location and disk space are more great than my current VPS 8, but it have lower network speed than my VPS 8.

We will see for this tho.

Edit: @Manal, is it Windows enabled? And should we use Windows license too for this? Or we can use trial 180 days?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(11-07-2018, 05:44 AM)Dynamo Wrote: Hello Everyone,
I am Glad to announce that we have got our new Sponsor (@Shadow Hosting)
who sponsored Post4VPS with 2 x VPS 5 of some attractive Specifications(have a look at VPS Plans),
Users can apply for VPS 5 from this Giveaway onwards, Please update your Applications accordingly.
Hope you guys like it,

Happy Diwali to all my Indian Friends!
This is brilliant news.  Thanks @Manal.  Specs are super!  Cool

(11-07-2018, 01:03 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: For all of you from vpslices quoted in shoutbox:

"@deanhills @Dynamo Looking glass is currently under development with a better software to avoid abuse, it will however remain offline to the public till the end of the development phase. We did receive your email with the title "Mirror IP for New Jersey Location" on Tue 03:41 and a reply has been sent, so I am quite unsure why you did get the rejection email. The current test IP (only for ping/traceroute purposes) is: 192.189.25.192"

everything is all fine.

Happy to hear.  I noticed @Karim's response in the Shoutbox.  I then tried the IP and speed with my ISP is unbelievably fast - particularly considering the far distance for my ISP.   It's the fastest speed I've seen for any of the US IP locations of my VPSs. So definitely a good future option that I will pursue in future.

For your info - here's a copy of my Yahoo e-mail account "failed delivery" reply.  I didn't receive the reply from VPSlices - which may mean that the delivery could have been received by VPSlices and responded to - but somehow blocked by Yahoo.  Here is a notification of the failed delivery notice from Yahoo - hopefully it will contain info that @Karim can have a look at as it gives specifics of where the delivery failed:
https://i.imgur.com/UsOLaAX.png
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
It seems VPS 4 from VPSSlices has a positive side for disk space and traffic, I believe many of you have applied for it.
I like to apply, but due to busy hours and unable to manage a new VPS, I am just skipping this month.

Thank you  Sweet

(11-08-2018, 03:47 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: It seems VPS 4 from VPSSlices has a positive side for disk space and traffic, I believe many of you have applied for it.
I like to apply, but due to busy hours and unable to manage a new VPS, I am just skipping this month.

yes but dont forget VPS 5 is a KVM vps whereas VPS 4 is still openVZ , openVZ stuck on 2.6 kernel whereas KVM you can use whatever kernel you want . im not talking about windows . who need windows for servers? or even desktop
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
For those who are confused about VPS5, no. VPS 5 doesn't support Windows for now. But soon we're planning to put it up in future.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
@Manal,
Oh! That's nice, planning to add Windows in future. I actually waiting for it, but another factor also works great for me, I will apply for this one, and hoping Manal's company live long hahaha
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(11-08-2018, 06:53 AM)Manal Wrote: For those who are confused about VPS5, no. VPS 5 doesn't support Windows for now. But soon we're planning to put it up in future.

Linux is already a better option for server espescially VPS . windows is just to heavy and offer less feature for server and it need a license whereas linux is completely free and if you already get hang of it it is much easier than windows . also openvz and KVM have more differences than just the os that can run . openvz stuck on 2.6 kernel whereas KVM can run the latest and greatest 4 kernel that is also the consideration for choosing KVM vps . NOT ONLY WINDOWS
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(11-08-2018, 10:43 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Linux is already a better option for server espescially VPS . windows is just to heavy and offer less feature for server and it need a license whereas linux is completely free and if you already get hang of it it is much easier than windows . also openvz and KVM have more differences than just the os that can run . openvz stuck on 2.6 kernel whereas KVM can run the latest and greatest 4 kernel that is also the consideration for choosing KVM vps . NOT ONLY WINDOWS

I totally agree with you @humanpuff69.  I just can't see the sense of using Windows with a VPS unless it's a huge VPS in which case one may just as well get a dedicated server. 

I wish I could try out one of the new VPSs, but hopefully whoever gets it will do a review soon.  I'm dying to find out how the VPS handles.

Again many thanks to @Manal for his generosity.  Great stuff!  Cool
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (9): Jump to page 
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting