arrow_upward

Pages (20): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus ? where did this come from ?
Looks like the death toll from the new coronavirus has passed 100 mark. All Chinese for now but infected cases are discovered in many other countries. Can this be this be the plague of 21st century ?

I noticed in social media many blame the reason for this as eating snake meat, bat meat etc. Maybe it's because most of the frist cases were those who visisted large animal and seafood market in Wuhan. But these guys have been eating these meat for thusands of years and why suddenly now ? I wonder if this is some sort of  BioWarfare experince gone wrong.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(01-28-2020, 07:22 AM)xdude Wrote: Looks like the death toll from the new coronavirus has passed 100 mark. All Chinese for now but infected cases are discovered in many other countries. Can this be this be the plague of 21st century ?

I noticed in social media many blame the reason for this as eating snake meat, bat meat etc. Maybe it's because most of the frist cases were those who visisted large animal and seafood market in Wuhan. But these guys have been eating these meat for thusands of years and why suddenly now ? I wonder if this is some sort of  BioWarfare experince gone wrong.

I've heard that diseases like these can evolve overtime, meaning maybe corona existed 1000 years ago as well but wasn't strong enough to hurt humans so we never noticed it, and now It has evolved enough for it to be a threat.

There was one report of an infected person in my country(Pakistan), infact he was in my City but he was quarantined in the government hospital so hopefully he isn't a threat to the rest of us.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
hot news that became Top Trending in the newspaper!

So in this way we can only hope that scientists will find the best solution to fight this Virus!
And prevent it from infecting you by wearing an air mask and eye protection and not leaving the house until the corona virus problem is finished!

And if you come to Indonesia, you must be prepared to go through very strict supervision! And if you are infected with the corona virus you must go to the isolation room * CMIW *
Terminal
Solo Developer
Welp I just saw that as the headlines today exposed the otherwise mild virus, which has been infecting thousands over the globe. Even in my city, three people have been suspected of being affected by the coronavirus, and have been kept under observation at the RML Hospital - https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india/stor...2020-01-28

So many have already been affected and as previously highlighted, the death mark has crossed it's century. As @xdude rightly said this could turn out to be the plague of this century. Also, I agree that this necessary need not be a consequence of snake, bat meat as it isn't practically feasible to get affected by a virus on eating something, which is being consumed since thousands of years down the line.

I've subscribed to a few places for further information, and will surely post if I find something new.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(01-28-2020, 07:22 AM)xdude Wrote: .... But these guys have been eating these meat for thusands of years and why suddenly now ?.....

It is actually not the first time similar kind of virus spreading from China.

For example in 2002/2003, there was a SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome) corona virus that was supposed to be come from bats as well.

(01-28-2020, 07:22 AM)xdude Wrote: Looks like the death toll from the new coronavirus has passed 100 mark. All Chinese for now but infected cases are discovered in many other countries. Can this be this be the plague of 21st century ?

China is very overpopulated and with so little space and the way they congregate live in close proximity of their animals - sharing their space up close and personal.  In this particular case it was a virus apparently that came from a wild animal that was kept by a Chinese farmer.

This is very worrisome indeed.  As of course this is going to affect the economy badly, and they say when China sneezes the whole world gets a cold.  I.e. China's tourism to the rest of the world and their almost aggressive participation in the economy is going to have bad consequences for the world economy. They have so much funding going on in so many areas of the world. Can imagine this is going to be a disaster for many international projects.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(01-29-2020, 05:57 PM)deanhills Wrote: China is very overpopulated and with so little space and the way they congregate live in close proximity of their animals - sharing their space up close and personal.  In this particular case it was a virus apparently that came from a wild animal that was kept by a Chinese farmer.

This is very worrisome indeed.  As of course this is going to affect the economy badly, and they say when China sneezes the whole world gets a cold.  I.e. China's tourism to the rest of the world and their almost aggressive participation in the economy is going to have bad consequences for the world economy.  They have so much funding going on in so many areas of the world.  Can imagine this is going to be a disaster for many international projects.

Not just projects, but economically as well. I was just reading today that Google had closed off its offices in China, HongKong and Taiwan until further notice, IKEA closed all its stores in mainland China as well. Several students of my country are currently stuck in Wuhan as the government has decided not to call them back.
(01-29-2020, 05:57 PM)deanhills Wrote: China is very overpopulated and with so little space and the way they congregate live in close proximity of their animals - sharing their space up close and personal.  In this particular case it was a virus apparently that came from a wild animal that was kept by a Chinese farmer......

May I ask where did you find out the virus came from a wild animal that was kept by a Chinese farmer? My understanding is that a known source of the corona virus was a seafood market which was also a marketplace of wild animals in Wuhan. And the root cause is that Chinese people like to eat wild animals.

If it was just because of China being overpopulated etc, then I would wonder why similar kind of corona virus never originated from India. Because I guess the population density of India is even larger than that of China. Smile

(01-31-2020, 01:04 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: May I ask where did you find out the virus came from a wild animal that was kept by a Chinese farmer? My understanding is that a known source of the corona virus was a seafood market which was also a marketplace of wild animals in Wuhan. And the root cause is that Chinese people like to eat wild animals.

If it was just because of China being overpopulated etc, then I would wonder why similar kind of corona virus never originated from India. Because I guess the population density of India is even larger than that of China.  Smile
It was in the news in South Africa but can't recall which source it was.  I've just Googled it and found this report and the further I went through the search results, doesn't seem as though any source is definite yet - this is the closest to what was reported in the news in South Africa:
https://www.livemint.com/news/world/coro...13095.html

This study is looking at bats as a possible source. It discusses the theory that the bat virus came through exposure at seafood hall in Hunan and then dismisses the theory at the same time. It now says "another yet to be identified animal".  
https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavi...-bats.html

Quote:Based on these results, the authors said the 2019-nCoV likely originated in bats. However, no bats were sold at the Huanan seafood market, which suggests that another yet-to-be-identified animal acted as a steppingstone of sorts to transmit the virus to humans.

Good question about why a virus hasn't originated in India yet.  I remember though when I was still in the United Arab Emirates that there had been public health studies about the previous SARS virus and one of the points that was raised is overpopulated environment where humans live close to their animals making the transfer of the virus from animal to human being easier to happen.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(01-31-2020, 03:06 PM)deanhills Wrote: It was in the news in South Africa but can't recall which source it was.  I've just Googled it and found this report and the further I went through the search results, doesn't seem as though any source is definite yet - this is the closest to what was reported in the news in South Africa:
https://www.livemint.com/news/world/coro...13095.html

This study is looking at bats as a possible source. It discusses the theory that the bat virus came through exposure at seafood hall in Hunan and then dismisses the theory at the same time.  It now says "another yet to be identified animal".  
https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavi...-bats.html

Good question about why a virus hasn't originated in India yet.  I remember though when I was still in the United Arab Emirates that there had been public health studies about the previous SARS virus and one of the points that was raised is overpopulated environment where humans live close to their animals making the transfer of the virus from animal to human being easier to happen.

I think a good reason as to why India has not faced something like this is the lack of people who actually eat animals there. From my understanding, alot of Indian populations are vegetarians and that might be what protects them from Viruses like these. However, India faces a huge sanitary issue as absense of toilets mean alot of diseases can be spread which is ofcourse a big issue, and I won't be surprised if India turns out to be another country striked by an epidemic in the future.
Pages (20): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting