arrow_upward

Pages (6):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryptocurrency : BitCoins and whatever coins out there
(04-03-2021, 06:38 AM)debjit Wrote: Ok, so I am concern about this cryptocurrency monopoly. let's imagine your gov creates a crypto farm and block certain companies transaction or make it invalid. Because gov does not mine for profitability it has an unlimited amount of money and resources to deploy. There will be no decentralised currency then. I am not an expert but saw it in an interview.

That is why Bitcoin remains the top 1 cryptocurrency, even though there are so many other interesting alternative cryptocurrencies such as DOGE, LTC etc out there.

Because Bitcoin has a super high mining difficulty than any others else. So, it is very hard for any single government trying to take down Bitcoin or control its transactions. Smile

(04-02-2021, 07:58 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Nope, I just find that the LTC developers have been making a lot more than you expected.

They have just recently completed the MimbleWimble code changes for confidential transactions. Here is the URL if you or anyone are interested in it: https://litecoin-foundation.org/mweb-code-complete/

Hmm ... the development was stalled up the last time I reviewed their GitHub, with no other changes than rebasing from BitCoin. Implementation of the mimble wimble protocol is not a big thing, especially that the protocol still has some bugs which are currently to be sorted, and anyway few other BitCoin forks have also implemented it. Unless they can come up with something unique I doubt the future of LTC. (Except SatoshiLite shilling it on Twitter Tongue )
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I learn Crypto Mining is slowly making an impact on Global warming too. I read somewhere total electricity consumption for Crypto mining industry is pretty much equal to what power consumption of Argentina. And it's keep iincreasing.

These days it's not easy to make a profit from mining and Bitcoins and other bigger coins need quite a big investment to make a decent profit. I like to think DOGE would keep doing better but I don't like it's depending on Elon Musk's influence.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(04-30-2021, 10:58 AM)xdude Wrote: I learn Crypto Mining is slowly making an impact on Global warming too. I read somewhere total electricity consumption for Crypto mining industry is pretty much equal to what power consumption of Argentina. And it's keep iincreasing.

These days it's not easy to make a profit from mining and Bitcoins and other bigger coins need quite a big investment to make a decent profit. I like to think DOGE would keep doing better but I don't like it's depending on Elon Musk's influence.

Yeah, cryptocurrencies which are Proof-of-Work (PoW) that is the ones that require mining burn a lot of electricity. Not in terms of profit or loss for the miner, but for our planet it's not profitable indeed. PoW is definitely original, however, in my opinion, we should be looking at something more environmentally friendly. Not to suggest, however, that we should remove PoW but those ASICs and GPUs make no sense. CPU mining is better like we can look at Monero. It's powered by RandomX an algorithm that is written in such a way that mining using CPU is far more profitable than GPU mining. Also, no ASICs can be programmed for it, the basic principle behind ASICs is that the algorithm should execute the same code over and over again and as the name suggests RandomX uses random code execution, so unless you build an insanely powerful CPU you cannot take over the network. Moreover, mining with home hardware consumes less electricity, thus less global warning, and anyone with a PC can participate in mining thus decentralizing the network.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Well... bitcoins is a unruled place. No economic standard can be applied. I would never invest on such business. Just a word from Elon Mask made the DogeCoin, a meme cryptocurrency, skyroket... totally no sense.

Moreover the mining is killing the market of GPUs and HDDs... I hope that this mining hype ends quickly and get to buy new storage again at a human price.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Pages (6):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting