arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does any one know this domain registrar - porkbun?
Sound funny to hear. porkbun. what is the meaning of this word? and is it free for all or any limited offer. one thing i dont like. the pig. i hate this animal. but the domain list is too long i see. almost everything is cover in it. lol. so i am just waiting for good user experience so don't forget to put your remarks.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
This is a very interesting host, with a very interesting mascot and name. I like the design but as @sagher said, are these offers limited time? The design is clean but comes off as confusing in some ways. I am not really sure what "YEAR OF THE PIG" is supposed to mean in regards of hosting, but overall interesting concept.
Thank you Post4VPS and BladeNode for VPS 6
(10-18-2019, 01:54 AM)Rzarcasm Wrote: This is a very interesting host, with a very interesting mascot and name. I like the design but as @sagher said, are these offers limited time? The design is clean but comes off as confusing in some ways. I am not really sure what "YEAR OF THE PIG" is supposed to mean in regards of hosting, but overall interesting concept.

That's the Chinese zodiac system. 2019 is the year of Pig. There are 12 years of cycles for different animals. They are not a dedicated hosting company. They are a domain registrar. Like all other domain registrars, they do offer web hosting as a side business.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(10-17-2019, 02:39 PM)sagher Wrote: Sound funny to hear. porkbun. what is the meaning of this word? ....

Porkbun is a kind of Chinese food.

Something like Chinese steamed buns, but filled with pork.

This makes me wonder if this registrar company is actually owned by Chinese. But I am not sure. Smile

(10-19-2019, 05:26 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Porkbun is a kind of Chinese food.

Something like Chinese steamed buns, but filled with pork.

This makes me wonder if this registrar company is actually owned by Chinese. But I am not sure. Smile

Or someone who loves Chinese food? Quite an interesting name for a Domain Registrar though. Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(10-19-2019, 06:55 AM)deanhills Wrote: Or someone who loves Chinese food? Quite an interesting name for a Domain Registrar though. Tongue

Who knows. Smile But as mentioned above, this company also knows about the "YEAR OF THE PIG" thing, so I wonder if they should also be quite familiar with the Chinese culture, not just loves Chinese food.

But it does not matter much, as long as they can provide good services.

So thank you for bringing this interesting company to our attention. At least I did not hear about this company before.

The name sounds funny but i never had good experience with any of domain registerar except namecheap which is my favourite registerar and easy to get support.
I just checked porkbun reviews by other users in some sites they all looking satisfied
Its a funny extension for domain but not really for professional case. Maybe you can use it for personal hobby site or some project here and there tho.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I just want to reply to all that don't see Porkbun as a professional registrar:
I have successfully registered my own domain with them, they offer discount and an amazing support with their live char or email contact.
Their panel is nice and very simple, it is very hard to get confused using it.
They offer FREE whois protection, that A LOT OF other registrar sell as a optional.
No hidden costs or problems with them so far since September, due to my inexperience I talked with them about the defaults DNS records and they answered me without missing any details.

Their "pork" image is just a funny joke and they have built their entire service around that.

And if you are not convinced... well just scroll down and you will see:
- It is a ICANN certified registrat
- It is a toplevel design company so it is based on USA (I don't know how did someone though about Chinese registrar)
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting