arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scammy "free" VPSes?
Exclamation 
Hi, so I've just read this article which talks about "free" VPSes. Now, the website points out a user-data collecting website that fakes a VPS website, no big deal. But, I've seen GigaRocket and 5jelly on there. Now, I know these sites were very well known to the post4vps community. Notice the "were". The article points out something very interesting - these websites shut down right after the introduction of GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation law. Thinking 
The article mentions post4vps as 
Quote:[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]probably the most legitimate way to get an actual powerful VPS account.
[/font]

but criticizes post4vps for
Quote:an attempt to build a fake community by promising its users freebies
I personally don't believe post4vps is a "fake community". Now, I won't be digging into the rabbit hole, but just be aware there are many, many, MANY "free" VPS scams. Of course, as a user of post4vps, I must say post4vps is NOT a scam, as it really gives out free VPSes and has 13 well-known sponsors. I've thought to write this post as many of post4vps users will search really deep for a free VPS, and you really shouldn't -- you won't recieve a free VPS for searching deep, because why those website promising "free VPSes" are so deep in the results? Because they are scams!
So, if you want a free VPS, just be a active member of the post4vps community and hope for the best!  Wink
What the hell dude? Are you kidding us? I am very angry at your words, how dare you to include scam with our Post4VPS community?
We are already aware of that review.That maybe is made by some stupids.I don't even like to read a word " scam " with our community Post4VPS.We read that about 6 month ago or more.I love Heart Post4VPS.
If you really can do something for us except these please try creating a Positive Review.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Here is a link to the prior discussion about this review site and its stance towards free VPS providers.

URL: https://post4vps.com/Thread-something-i-...ing.review

The review might be right in 95% of all cases but Post4VPS and another forum (no longer active in the free VPS for posts business) are the 5% that are really giving free VPSs without scams, data theft/abuse or a huge waiting list.

I'll stand by what I said in my previous reply in the other discussion. The review is hosted on a site that is shilling for other paid hosting providers... and is not objective. A baised a review. Nothing new actually.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
As mentioned by @"Hidden Refuge", there is already a topic about this, so am closing this thread as a duplicate topic.  Does feel a bit like flame bait though @kbartek.  Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Last Post: xdude
04-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting