arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New VPS 4 from July from Shadow Hosting!
(06-06-2019, 04:20 AM)deanhills Wrote: I don't understand @tiwil. Manal's 2 VPS 5 are located in Germany so in total Manal is providing 3 VPSs with German location. However, I do expect there to be many applications for VPS 4 as demand for VPS 5 was very high. What attracts me to the VPSs is depth of care by Manal as well as KVM and they are up with technology in every respect.

Yeah, I said VPS 4 only have 1 in stock. Anyway, my question is not answered yet, how much is the FUP? And how low will the VPS speed will be after we exceed the FUP?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(06-06-2019, 10:23 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: VPS 5 have windows image on it so VPS 4 probably have it . i dont use it though because i already familiar with linux and it is much better for server than windows . and main selling point of KVM for me isnt for windows but for much newer linux kernel and more supported application

Well depends on the use. For me the main selling point of  a KVM server with Windows Templates is ability to use it as a Windows Desktop for various purposes. I only use Linux just to host webservers so I can get those servers easier for cheaper. Anyway It's good to hear this one would have Windows. Not that I'm planing to go for it, VPS2 which I use is good enough for me. I have used it for 2 years without any issues or big downtimes.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

wow i really need it . its very good . tyyy post4vps are you best . i hope that those who need this server will win
Thanks Post4VPS
Manal. are you rolling in a lot of dough man ?
Haha

I thought you would be long gone by now.
Wish all the best to you man, with all my heart and a belated Eid mubarak.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(06-06-2019, 01:26 PM)xdude Wrote: Well depends on the use. For me the main selling point of  a KVM server with Windows Templates is ability to use it as a Windows Desktop for various purposes. I only use Linux just to host webservers so I can get those servers easier for cheaper. Anyway It's good to hear this one would have Windows. Not that I'm planing to go for it, VPS2 which I use is good enough for me. I have used it for 2 years without any issues or big downtimes.

Linux also have desktop on it , you can install vnc and any desktop environment , there is many to choose from like gnome,kde,lxde,etc but it is not for everyone . Most desktop environment are unlike windows so you need to be familiar with it and also you most likely still use terminal for most of the work to be done . Windows on the other hand you can 99% of thing without cli and it is much easier but with cost of paid license and heavier usage . i use desktop on my linux vps mostly for browsing like to backup my vps to google drive and for me that is enough but still for most people windows is much easier because they more familiar with it
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(06-07-2019, 02:11 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Linux also have desktop on it , you can install vnc and any desktop environment , there is many to choose from like gnome,kde,lxde,etc but it is not for everyone . Most desktop environment are unlike windows so you need to be familiar with it and also you most likely still use terminal for most of the work to be done . Windows on the other hand you can 99% of thing without cli and it is much easier but with cost of paid license and heavier usage . i use desktop on my linux vps mostly for browsing like to backup my vps to google drive and for me that is enough but still for most people windows is much easier because they more familiar with it

Beside of that GUI etc etc, most of application (not for server) may only support Windows. I already PMed xdude when first I get my VPS 13 (which allow Windows), and he said, he's not using VPS 2 for any server usage, but he only use VPS 2 for social-media or something similar.
I don't want to say too much as I pretty confused how to configure Windows for server, but from what I see, Windows for server is a little bit behind Linux. Some of their panel, like WebsitePanel, is not good looking for my eyes too.

Anyway, you guys always debating over Windows, and we're a little bit out of topic.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Yes, Windows is supported as Honey mentioned above. However, the Windows version would be expired since we cannot afford Windows License for free users.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
I guess it is related since we are talking about the particular vps. Windows version expiring is not a problem. You can run it for 3 months and then re-arm it.

Like @tiwil said Linux Desktop does not work for Windows Applications and also for my line of work. If the provider allow trial that's all needed. If you only use it for web browsing and private VPS then Linux Desktop is good enough. I think this has been discussed several times here so no need to go into details.

Anyway with those Specs so much can be done and @Manal Do Game Servers are allowed ? I think those who run game servers would love this one.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(06-08-2019, 12:38 AM)xdude Wrote: I guess it is related since we are talking about the particular vps. Windows version expiring is not a problem. You can run it for 3 months and then re-arm it.

Like @tiwil said Linux Desktop does not work for Windows Applications and also for my line of work. If the provider allow trial that's all needed. If you only use it for web browsing and private VPS then Linux Desktop is good enough. I think this has been discussed several times here so no need to go into details.

Anyway with those Specs so much can be done and @Manal Do Game Servers are allowed ? I think those who run game servers would love this one.

windows application mostly dont work with linux . but you can try windows emulation with wine . it support some application and some game server software that only run on windows . if you want your vps to spesifically run windows application linux using wine isnt the option because of the emulation is still not 100% compatible and with my experience it is not compatible with most app that i try with

the other option is using virtualbox on the vm but it is pointless anyway because first your VPS is already a virtual machine so basically it is creating another VM inside a VM and you better using windows on a vm

and some apps dont have linux alternative or linux alternative just suck for them so linux alternative isnt an option for most people

so i still see a reason for windows vps and why people want or need it
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
i guess on next giveaway i wont win since so much people want Manal's Vps..
by the way thanks for your support manal to this community!
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting