arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notice to VPS Holders who aren't complying with their backlink requirements!
For those VPS Holders who are complying with the backlink requirements of their VPSs, our sincere appreciation.  Our trust in you is well deserved and obviously this announcement is not applicable to you.

@Dynamo wants to remind all VPS Holders that the requirements for having backlinks on a Website on the VPS that points to the sponsor and Post4VPS are compulsory.  Most of the VPS Plan Requirements also specify a signature link in the Forum.  VPS Holders who don't have backlinks as required by their VPS Plan are in breach of their VPS requirements. Those requirements are sponsors' requirements.  If not complied with post4vps risks losing the VPS.

To those VPS Holders who are in possible breach of the VPS backlink requirements please note that you have 14 days time to fix this.  We have written a PM to you.  @Dynamoill check again on 27 June, and if the links are not found, the VPS will be  powered down.  

For those VPS Holders who do not have an understanding what is expected with Backlinks.  Simply put.  Links are from one Website to another.  So you have to have a Website on your VPS that contains genuine sponsor and also post4vps links that point to the sponsor URL and post4vps URL.  Preferably the more you say about the sponsor in that back link the better.  You could for example create a tribute page to the sponsor and post4vps to thank them for having the VPS.  A positive backlink says nice things positively and will obviously make the sponsor happy when he sees it. Here is a link to a Website that explains it in more detail:
https://backlinko.com/hub/seo/backlinks

Please note during future Giveaways Post4VPS will be adding a step before the VPS is created.  Once the member has won a VPS, we will be pointing his attention to the compliance of the requirements of the VPS he won and ask him specifically how he plans to add the backlinks and provide us with a copy of the links.  The VPS Holder will then be given 14 days grace to add a Website with the backlinks on his Website.  We will then check the backlinks that have been provided.  If they are not there, the VPS will be immediately powered down. We then hope to have a system where at the month end all VPS Holder VPSs will be checked again for backlinks on an ongoing basis.

This is obviously extra work which I didn't sign up for and that makes me very unhappy.  Being able to get a VPS should automatically take care of trusting one another to follow the requirements and take care to keep sponsors happy.  Backlinks are what sponsors need right on the top of their list of requirements.  Please keep our sponsors happy without needing to ask you to do so nor needing to check up whether you are.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Thanks alot for reminding us about this, I'll definitely make sure I follow the guidelines correctly. I had one question however, if one does not want to host a website on their vps, they're not required to add a backlink right?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
It is a good decision by Post4VPS staff obviously.Post4VPS and all sponsors are doing there best effort to provide us this free service. It's their right. I have a question in mind. What if i have multiple sites on my VPS, do i have to create backlink on all domains or just 1? Can i create a special page on a subdomain to create backlink?

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(06-14-2020, 06:02 AM)Honey Wrote: Thanks alot for reminding us about this, I'll definitely make sure I follow the guidelines correctly. I had one question however, if one does not want to host a website on their vps, they're not required to add a backlink right?

That's right,
But if you already have mentioned in the 'VPS usage' that you gonna host a website there,

Then it should become obvious that you have to also add backlinks in your website hosted in your vps.

Edit:
(06-14-2020, 08:52 AM)Rehan Wrote: What if i have multiple sites on my VPS, do i have to create backlink on all domains or just 1? Can i create a special page on a subdomain to create backlink?
If such situation comes, then its upto users, he/she can add on multiple domains, or any single one. But there should be backlink. It is suggested to add it on a domain where traffic is reaching and not on some domain/sub-domain where the visitors hardly bother to look.(in multi domain senerio)

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Oh i did not even noticed about the signatures! I will get back home to my pc and change it immediately! Excuse me for forgetting about that..
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
Thank you the reminder, I had my previous EvolutionHost signature just updated it!, I have a question i currently host a TeamSpeak3 server do i have to also add a backlink?
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Do we need to do this for all VPSs? In the VPS plans thread list are the servers that need backlink written in req section?
Can we get a backlink for a VPS from a site we don't own?(not from free backlink site's)
Thanks Post4VPS
i am not using my VPS for any website. what can i do? can i use backlink on social sites or blogs?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
As @deanhills explain you need to provide back-links if you are running a web server in your vps. I think you can provide a back-link in game server too but I don't know it for 100%. If you don't run a websiter or have websites in your vps then you don't need to. But till you can do this if you willing. You can make couple of social shares or write a review in other website. But it's not mandatory.

But all vps holders suppose to provide a signature link to their sponsor.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(06-14-2020, 03:36 PM)sAmI Wrote: Thank you the reminder, I had my previous EvolutionHost signature just updated it!, I have a question i currently host a TeamSpeak3 server do i have to also add a backlink?

Yes you do @sAmI.  For me the most practical way to set this up if you aren't into Websites is to create either a static page Website on your VPS or a WordPress site.  What you could do with the static page is to write something on it, perhaps some excitement at having the VPS from XYZ sponsor, and how happy you are with it. Say on the page what your project on the VPS is and how well it is doing. And your thanks to the XYZ Sponsor and post4vps - using links to point to the sponsor and post4vps Websites.  That would be a positive backlink.

You could then keep that page for future use as well. Should be easy to do, and may be an interesting project too.  Like figuring out the Website you could create with the least maintenance.  

Hugo or Jekyll static Websites have been discussed as good alternatives to WordPress:
https://post4vps.com/Thread-Do-you-recom...nother-one

Here's the beginning of an install page for Hugo:
https://gohugo.io/getting-started/quick-start/

I don't recommend WordPress for beginners who don't want to spend time on it.  WordPress has to be maintained all of the time and is high risk when it is not regularly updated or you know what you are doing.  It is also not as easy to move from one VPS to another, unless you have hands on experience and have been working with WordPress for a while. If you're not into Websites that much, static is the best way to go.  You could even think of creating a simple html page.  My first static Website lasts forever without needing to do anything to it.  But WordPress needs constant attention, updating, and keeping in touch with new security threats or developments. If not regularly attended it can completely trip up your VPS when it is used as an attack platform for hackers. Leading to instant suspension. Quite a number of people have been through that rude awakening with WordPress sites that they just created and left hoping it would take care of itself. WordPress doesn't work that way.

(06-14-2020, 06:25 PM)hamed Wrote: Do we need to do this for all VPSs? In the VPS plans thread list are the servers that need backlink written in req section?
Can we get a backlink for a VPS from a site we don't own?(not from free backlink site's)

Yes of course we have to do it for all of the VPSs that are up and running.  ALL VPS Holders have to individually follow the requirements of the sponsor.  It surprises me that people should even ask this.  As at the bottom of the VPS Plans where all the rules are, @Dynamo emphasizes the necessity for following the requirements of the sponsor.  This is again emphasized in the Giveaway thread of every month.  It says you need to read the TOS and the sponsor requirements and follow it.

For me, it's common sense the sponsor wants good exposure for his VPS that he is sponsoring to post4vps.  Backlinks are always on the top of their list.

But OK, now I know how necessary it is that this issue should be discussed right at the point where the VPS is won so that the VPS Holder will have a complete understanding what the requirements are. If he doesn't know what backlinks are, to learn what they are. Also, the VPS Holder has to know what is expected from the requirements, will have a plan to implement it, and will have implemented it within 14 days of giving the VPS.

(06-14-2020, 06:02 AM)Honey Wrote: Thanks alot for reminding us about this, I'll definitely make sure I follow the guidelines correctly. I had one question however, if one does not want to host a website on their vps, they're not required to add a backlink right?

@Honey  You have to be joking.  The requirements say you have to have backlinks to the sponsor and to post4vps.  If there isn't a Website on your VPS then how hard is it to create a single page static Website?

Refer to my discussion here for ideas how to create it:
https://post4vps.com/Thread-Notice-to-VP...6#pid36666

(06-14-2020, 08:52 AM)Rehan Wrote: It is a good decision by Post4VPS staff obviously.Post4VPS and all sponsors are doing there best effort to provide us this free service. It's their right. I have a question in mind. What if i have multiple sites on my VPS, do i have to create backlink on all domains or just 1? Can i create a special page on a subdomain to create backlink?

This is a good question @Rehan.  I've had this one from @tiwil as well a couple of months ago.  As long as you have the backlinks with one domain on your VPS with the VPS IP, and if we ask you, you can provide us with a link where we can find those backlinks, then you can have it with any of the domains.  You don't have to have it with all of them, or a specific one.  You can have it with the one that you think is the best one for the purpose of the backlinks.

(06-15-2020, 04:21 AM)sagher Wrote: i am not using my VPS for any website. what can i do? can i use backlink on social sites or blogs?
@sagher  You can create a static page on your VPS.  Please check my reply to sAmI:

https://post4vps.com/Thread-Notice-to-VP...6#pid36666
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (3):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting