arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 5 Holders Please note: SWAP RAM removed
VPS 5 Holders please note that the SWAP RAM has been removed from VPS 5:

Manal Wrote:Dear Dean,

We have removed the SWAP RAM of 4 GB from VPS 5. Please take a note.

Regards,
Manal Shaikh
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
It was removed quite a while ago and no VPS 5 holder complained about it. However, people have rights to know the specs of their VPS.

I hope none of VPS 5 holders are facing this issue.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(09-07-2019, 08:32 PM)Manal Wrote: It was removed quite a while ago and no VPS 5 holder complained about it. However, people have rights to know the specs of their VPS.

I hope none of VPS 5 holders are facing this issue.

I'm curious.  At what time was the swap removed @Manal.  Because you're right.  There have been no complaints, so probably no issue. Also at 4GB RAM I'm sure one won't feel it that much when the SWAP has been removed, as with 1GB RAM 1GB Swap, unless one has been using the 4GB RAM to its fullest potential. Maybe the swap was never really needed.

Your situation is not unique though.  I'm sure if one worked systematically through all of the VPS Plans, particularly the ones that aren't actively being looked after by the sponsors, you'll find situations where the specs in the plans aren't the specs the users are getting.  

So we appreciate you letting every one know.
Terminal
Most of the time swap isnt useful . It basically just use storage for memory/ram and that is extremely slow
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Actually I am not surprised no VPS 5 holder ever complained about it.

The reason is that the VPS 5 is KVM based. Users can freely add or remove swap on their own.

Plus when you have 4GB RAM there is a very small chance someone ends up using all that and start using SWAP. Last time I used SWAP when I had a 512MB RAM VPS. I guess nobody even noticed it was removed from VPS5. lol, I do have a small unrelated question from @Manal , Why doesn't VPS5 was given a 750Mbps connection while VPS4 has 1Gbps? Oh, I didn't even notice VPS4 has 10GB RAM. that's a double wow! Tongue

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(09-09-2019, 03:15 PM)xdude Wrote: Plus when you have 4GB RAM there is a very small chance someone ends up using all that and start using SWAP. Last time I used SWAP when I had a 512MB RAM VPS. I guess nobody even noticed it was removed from VPS5. lol, I do have a small unrelated question from @Manal , Why doesn't VPS5 was given a 750Mbps connection while VPS4 has 1Gbps? Oh, I didn't even notice VPS4 has 10GB RAM. that's a double wow! Tongue

I told many times to update it to 1 GBit but no one did Dodgy. It was always 1 GBit except for few days in 2018(or maybe 19) I made it back to 1 GBit but no one updated it.

Thank you for reminding @xdude
@deanhills, Please take a look.
I think 750 Mbps is more than enough, what else is the portspeed unshared so I can feel that the speed of 750 Mbps Shadownhosting is 1Gbps portspeed Psychz network!
Change topic!
Actually I prefer to use SWAP rather than not using SWAP because basically SWAP is very important for storing cache and making RAM much more relieved and I can run many programs at once!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(09-09-2019, 03:40 PM)Manal Wrote: I told many times to update it to 1 GBit but no one did Dodgy. It was always 1 GBit except for few days in 2018(or maybe 19) I made it back to 1 GBit but no one updated it.

Thank you for reminding @xdude
@deanhills, Please take a look.

OK fixed, thanks to @xdude for picking up on it.

@Manal, do you want the same wording added after "1 GBit/s" as for VPS 4 - (fair usage policy applied)?
Terminal
(09-10-2019, 12:44 AM)deanhills Wrote: OK fixed, thanks to @xdude for picking up on it.

@Manal, do you want the same wording added after "1 GBit/s" as for VPS 4 - (fair usage policy applied)?

Yes, it is still applied. FUP is applied to VPS 5 too, same as VPS 4.
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting