arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 - Scheduled Upgrade - Rest locations
(11-03-2019, 04:12 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I am afraid Windows OS is still not available for VirMach's VPS 9.

This is my understanding from the last sentence of their message:

Whoa! I didn't read that message before. My bad.
Anyway, it seems they only don't give Windows OS to users that have OVZ6 before. So I think if you're going to buy new VPS that already use KVM from them, it should be Windows ready.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I would like to report that my VPS has been upgraded to KVM without changing IP, @Dynamo can you confirm?
There are two things that are a bit strange:
1) My storage capacity is now of 7GB
2) The container has been upgraded but still my CentOS is unable to update over 3.10 kernel, so I think an OS reinstall from scratch is needed.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(11-15-2019, 08:00 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I would like to report that my VPS has been upgraded to KVM without changing IP, @Dynamo can you confirm?
2) The container has been upgraded but still my CentOS is unable to update over 3.10 kernel, so I think an OS reinstall from scratch is needed.

Check the partition . you probably need to expand the storage after the migration

For the kernel it probably because it use openvz kernel instead of normal kernel. Change the kernel or the easiest is to reinstall
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
As i notice my VPS is rebooted or rest between saturday sunday night. and all my applications are stopped working so i manually run them again. i just ask about my location Los-angles also be upgraded of the issue is something else?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(11-16-2019, 04:30 AM)sagher Wrote: As i notice my VPS is rebooted or rest between saturday sunday night. and all my applications are stopped working so i manually run them again. i just ask about my location Los-angles also be upgraded of the issue is something else?

You can easily check your virtualization technology using virt-what-
  1. Install virt-what using one of the following command regarding your OS:
    apt-get install virt-what
    yum install virt-what
  2. Run as sudo
    virt-what
    You should be able to see which virtualization technology your VPS is running on.

I noticied my upgrade because my new hostname is "kvm-%OLD_HOSTNAME%".

I am currently fighting with my decreased storage and nginx that refuses to serve pages, I should reinstall nginx but I am too lazy so I am requesting a reinstall of OS to better configuration with the new KVM
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(11-15-2019, 08:00 PM)LightDestory Wrote: 1) My storage capacity is now of 7GB....

This is really strange. After my VPS 9 gets upgraded, the disk size becomes 99 GB.

It is not exactly 100 GB but is only 1 GB less. Your size of 7GB is way too small for normal usages.

If you are experiencing any specific issues with not being able to get into your VPS 9 that has to do with the conversion, please create a private VPS support thread that is specific to your issue.  Please provide FULL information so Dynamo or Hidden Refuge (if he has time available) can assist you.

Possibly @Dynamo has received e-mails that I don't have access to and can provide you with more up to date info.  

In the meanwhile I managed to pull the following Network Updates from Virmach about the conversions.  LAO will probably be Los Angeles.  So maybe there's a logical key to the nodes you can pick up under the updates.  

@Dynamo may also be able to inform us more fully if he has been notified specific information by e-mail.

Virmach Network Status News and Info 16 Nov Wrote:NYOVZ12, DALOVZ4, NY10GOVZ2 Conversions (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - NYOVZ12, DALOVZ4, NY10GOVZ2
Unfortunately, we were delayed in starting this. DALOVZ4 is the only one currently in progress (as of 9AM PST)

Update 11:40 AM PST: We're working on getting NYOVZ12 and NY10GOVZ2 started within the next 30 minutes.
Update 3PM PST: We're finalizing DALOVZ4 and will finalize portions of NYOVZ12 and NY10GOVZ2 shortly.
Update 6:30PM PST: We're finalizing NY10GOVZ2 and we're half way done with NYOVZ12 now.
Update 8:44PM PST: We will unfortunately have to delay a small portion of NYOVZ12 until a later date. Please see the main network status for more information on that. We're working on closing out the last of the ones we've already converted.

If your IP does not ping and your node is listed as finalized then please visit the service page, hit Control Panel and then hit Reconfigure Networking.

Date - 11/15/2019 00:00
Last Updated - 11/15/2019 20:45
Scheduled OpenVZ6 to KVM Conversion/Migration (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - All OpenVZ6 Nodes
For important information regarding these scheduled migrations, please first check the e-mail you received.

We currently have the current soft dates set for migrations. Please note, these dates may update as we receive new hardware and due to time constraints. All date/times are in US Pacific. Please scroll down on this page for more updates on the speciic node, if any. We will post separate network issues for each node as we process them.

Is your service not functioning after migration? Please read this before contacting us.
Due to the nature of OpenVZ to KVM conversions, how we process them is using a base KVM template, and then overwriting any duplicate files with your files from your old OpenVZ service. What ends up happening in many of the situations where there are conflicts is that a new file now exists with additional settings that you did not have in the past, or that there are newer versions of certain packages that do not work with your older version of other software.

If networking is not functioning or your services are attempting to bind to the wrong IP address, please first "Re-configure networking" on your Control Panel. Wait approximately 5 minutes, then log in via VNC to see if your service is showing any prompt, then attempt to ping both 8.8.8.8 and google.com to see if there's still an issue with networking. Check your ifconfig to ensure the correct IP is assigned.
For CentOS, please check to ensure SELinux is disabled. Check out this guide here. This should fix any issues you are having with polkit service as well as others.
Check your firewall rules. For example, there may be new rules set blocking port 80/443. Here is a good guide.
Attempt to start all your packages. For example, if your website is not working, ensure you attempt to start apache/nginx, MySQL, PHP, and any other related services. For most services, the command would be systemctl start or /etc/init.d/ start where is the service name. If there are any errors, it will usually be because of an incompatibility and you can install or update the appropriate services or contact us for assistance. If you contact us, please let us know exactly the services you are running and their configuration.
For web panels, first make sure you disable SELinux as instructed above. Then, check iptables as instructed above. cPanel needs /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp to be ran afterward. For other panels we are investigating, but there is an issue with /etc/init.d files missing. Please restore this from your own backups or contact us to copy it over for you.
If any files are missing, please contact us to complete the file migration again. This is extremely rare and unintended, and we can easily fix the issue. An indicating sign that this is the case is your old password not working or your SSH port being different.
If you contact us please include your service credentials and a very specific description of what you are running on your service and what is not functioning, otherwise help may be delayed further. Please be patient. If it is an extremely urgent situation, please request that we bring back your old OpenVZ service back online with a new IP address. Let us know if you are OK with a resync (all files on your new KVM service will be overwritten again from the old OpenVZ service.)

Legend:
Highlighted node names are ones that have been recently updated, added, or changed.
Highlighted in orange means the migration was not completed in time and was rescheduled. Check yellow highlight for new schedule.
Highlighted in blue means the migration is going to start as scheduled or in progress.
Highlighted in green means the migration has been completed. If you have any errors, please contact us.
Highlighted in purple means it has been partially completed. Check yellow highlight for new schedule.

Monday, November 4th, 2019
LAOVZ6, LAOVZ7, LAOVZ9

Tuesday, November 5th, 2019
LAOVZ4, LAOVZ5, LAOVZ8, NYOVZ8

Wednesday, November 6th, 2019
LAOVZ11, LAOVZ2, NYOVZ10

Thursday, November 7th, 2019
LAOVZ11, LAOVZ2, LA10GOVZ2, LAOVZ12, NYOVZ9

Friday, November 8th, 2019
LAOVZ10, LAOVZ3, NYOVZ6, LA10GOVZ2

If there are any issues with migration for the above servers, they will most likely be done Saturday to Monday, November 9th-11th, 2019.

Sunday, November 10th, 2019
LAOVZ10

Monday, November 11th, 2019
NY10GOVZ1, LAOVZ6, LAOVZ7, LAOVZ9

Tuesday, November 12th, 2019
LA10GOVZ1, NYOVZ7, LAOVZ4, LAOVZ5, LAOVZ8

Wednesday, November 13th, 2019
CHIOVZ4, DALOVZ3, DALOVZ5, NYOVZ5

Thursday, November 14th, 2019
NYOVZ11, NYOVZ2, NYOVZ3, NYOVZ4

Friday, November 15th, 2019
DALOVZ4, NY10GOVZ2, NYOVZ12

If there are any issues with migration for the above servers, they will most likely be done Saturday to Sunday, November 16th-17th, 2019.

Monday, November 18th, 2019
CHIOVZ5, CHIOVZ2, DALOVZ2, SEAOVZ3

Tuesday, November 19th, 2019
CHIOVZ3, DALOVZ6, ATLOVZ1, NYCOVZ1

Wednesday, November 20th, 2019
NYCOVZ2, ATLOVZ2, SEAOVZ2

Thursday, November 21th, 2019
NYCOVZ3, SJOVZ1, SJOVZ2

Friday, November 22th, 2019
AMSOVZ1, GEROVZ1, GEROVZ2, GEROVZ3, PHXOVZ1, PHXOVZ2, PHXOVZ3

If there are any issues with migration for the above servers, they will  most likely be done through November 30th, 2019. Please note, any of these dates may change. Please check back frequently for updated dates, or subscribe to the RSS feed.

Changelog:

ATLOVZ2 was incorrectly scheduled for November 19th as well as 20th. ATLOVZ2 is scheduled for the 20th, while ATLOVZ1 has been added for the 19th.
We were unable to start migration on LAOVZ6, LAOVZ7, and LAOVZ9 due to unforseen circumstances. We apologize for the inconvenience. This has been rescheduled for next Monday, November 11, 2019.
We were unable to start migration on LAOVZ4, LAOVZ5, LAOVZ8.
We have rescheduled LAOVZ4, LAOVZ5, LAOVZ8 for next Tuesday, November 12th, 2019.
Migrations for LAOVZ11 and LAOVZ2 took longer than anticipated and could not be completed tonight. We will continue tomorrow morning @ 8 AM PST. (Correction: This will likely be 10:30 AM PST, but it may be earlier if we get a chance)
Migration for LA10GOVZ2 took longer than expected and it will be continued tomorrow afternoon. We apologize for the inconvenience. The majority of this node was still completed.
We were unable to complete migrations for LAOVZ1 and LAOVZ3. We have scheduled LAOVZ1 to be completed on Sunday. We have not yet scheduled the completion of LAOVZ3.
Date - 11/04/2019 08:00 - 11/30/2019 23:59
Last Updated - 11/14/2019 15:44
NYOVZ11, NYOVZ2, NYOVZ3, NYOVZ4 - Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - NYOVZ11, NYOVZ2, NYOVZ3, NYOVZ4
We will begin powering down services for migration/conversion starting at 3AM PST.

Update 9:27 AM PST:
NYOVZ2 - We're hoping to have this completed within the next 2 hours. Some VMs may take up to 4 hours to bring back online.
NYOVZ3 - We're hoping to have this completed within the next 2 hours. Some VMs may take up to 4 hours to bring back online.
NYOVZ4 - We're hoping to have this completed within the next 2 hours. Some VMs may take up to 4 hours to bring back online.
NYOVZ11 - We're hoping to have this completed within the next 2 hours. Although it may run longer before any VMs are online.

Update 11 AM PST:
We're finalizing NYOVZ4 and working on NYOVZ2, NYOVZ3, and NYOVZ11 to finalize them shortly.

Update 12 AM PST:
We're finalizing NYOVZ4 and NYOVZ5. NYOVZ3 should be done shortly.

Update 2:34PM PST:
All nodes are being finalized now, all servers scheduled for conversion today should be online shortly.

Date - 11/14/2019 03:00
Last Updated - 11/14/2019 14:34
NYOVZ5 - Scheduled Conversion/Migration (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - NYOVZ5
We have started migrations for NYOVZ5. Services will begin going offline.

Update 12:25 PM PST - we're almost over halfway done with this conversion.
Update 4:39PM PST - we're finalizing the last batch now. All servers should be online shortly.

Date - 11/13/2019 00:00
Last Updated - 11/13/2019 16:40
DALOVZ3 - Scheduled Conversion/Migration (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - DALOVZ3
We have started migrations for DALOVZ3. Services will begin going offline.

Update 2:31 PM PST - we're nearing completion for the VZs on this node.

Last Updated - 11/13/2019 14:31
CHIOVZ4 - Scheduled Conversion/Migration (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - CHIOVZ4
We have started migrations for CHIOVZ4. Services will begin going offline.

Update: This is being finalized now, servers should come back up shortly.

Last Updated - 11/13/2019 10:45
DALOVZ5 - Scheduled Conversion/Migration (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - DALOVZ5
We have started migrations for DALOVZ5. Services will begin going offline.

Update: This is being finalized now, servers should come back up shortly.

Last Updated - 11/13/2019 10:32
LA10GOVZ1 - Scheduled Conversion/Migration (Scheduled)
Priority - Critical
Affecting System - LA10GOVZ1
We have started migrations for LA10GOVZ1. Services will begin going offline.

Update 12:30 PM PST - we weren't able to get most servers but the conversions are now progressing at a much faster rate. We're hoping to have this completed within the next few hours.
Update 2:17 PM PST - we've finished up a portion of this node.
Update 4:20 PM PST - we're about to finalize another quarter of this node and finish the rest.
Update 6:11 PM PST - it may be about 2 hours before we fully complete the remainder of the node.
Update 10:03 PM PST - this is being finalized now, it may be up to 2 hours before this is completed.

Date - 11/12/2019 05:30
Last Updated - 11/12/2019 22:04
LAOVZ4 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ4
Hello,

We will be trying to do the conversion for LAOVZ4 as scheduled but they may be delayed. If they're delayed the new schedules will be posted on the larger Network Status regarding conversions.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

Update: We're figuring out the logistics, but it's likely we may need to delay this until a later date. Updates will be posted on the larger status.

Migrations began at 5:30AM on November 12th.
Update 12:30 PM PST - we weren't able to get most servers but the conversions are now progressing at a much faster rate. We're hoping to have this completed within the next few hours.
Update 4:19 PM PST - sorry for the long delay on these, we're working solely on this and one other node to get these up. Most customers should already be online.
Update: This was completed, please report any errors to us.

Date - 11/05/2019 00:00
Last Updated - 11/12/2019 18:12
LAOVZ5 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ5
Hello,

We will be trying to do the conversion for LAOVZ5 as scheduled but they may be delayed. If they're delayed the new schedules will be posted on the larger Network Status regarding conversions.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

Update: We're figuring out the logistics, but it's likely we may need to delay this until a later date. Updates will be posted on the larger status.

Update 5:45AM, November 12th

We are beginning migrations soon as rescheduled.

Update 6:15AM PST -- services are beginning to go down by subnet for migration.
Update 4:19 PM PST - we're finalizing these now, servers should come up shortly for all of them,

Last Updated - 11/12/2019 18:12
NYOVZ7L - Scheduled Conversions (Scheduled)
Priority - Critical
Affecting System - NYOVZ7L
Migrations began at 6:30AM PST*

Update 1:22 PM PST - we're almost done with this node and servers should come online shortly.

Date - 11/12/2019 06:30
Last Updated - 11/12/2019 18:11
LAOVZ8 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ8
Hello,

We will be trying to do the conversion for LAOVZ8 as scheduled but they may be delayed. If they're delayed the new schedules will be posted on the larger Network Status regarding conversions.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

Migrations began at 5AM on November 12th.
Update: This should be completed - please report any errors to us.

Last Updated - 11/12/2019 16:19
LAOVZ6 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ6
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ6 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 8:28 AM - we should be finalizing this node shortly.
Update 11:51 AM - this has been completed.

Date - 11/11/2019 00:00
Last Updated - 11/11/2019 11:52
LAOVZ7 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ7
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ7 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 8:28 AM - this is being done in one batch and we're hoping to have it completed soon.

Last Updated - 11/11/2019 11:51
LAOVZ9 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ9
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ9 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 8:28 AM - this is being done in one batch and is still being transferred.

NY10GOVZ1 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - NY10GOVZ1
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled NY10GOVZ1 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 8:28 AM - this is being done in a few batches and is still being transferred. We're hoping to have some servers up from the first batch soon.
Update 11:51 AM - unfortunately, this is taking a little longer than we thought to return batches to a working state but we're working on three batches concurrently and expect to have 2 online very soon.

LAOVZ10 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ10
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ10 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 4:37PM PST -- We are starting on this now. This will be done in mainly three batches. The first batch going offline are customers' services starting with 107.172.22.xx

Update 6:15PM PST -- We are starting on batch two. The second batch is any IP starting with 107.174.203.xx. We are finalizing batch 1.

Update 8:06PM PST -- Batch one has been complete and is now online. You should have your old IP/network on shortly. Batch 2 is still in progress. File migrations are taking longer than anticipated.

Update 9:57PM PST -- Batch two is complete and we're bringing services back up soon.

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete this migration fully in the alloted fime frame. Anyone left over on the last subnet will be slated for migration at a later time. If your service is not migrated, please keep an eye out for the next date being scheduled.

Sunday, November 10th.
Update 8:37AM -- We are preparing the last batch and will start soon.

Update 9:41AM -- We are starting migrations now, services will begin going offline.

Update 6:35AM -- All services should be back online, we are now reconfiguring networking. 98.5% success rate.

Date - 11/08/2019 16:37
Last Updated - 11/10/2019 18:36
NYOVZ6L - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - NYOVZ6L
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled NYOVZ6L conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 7:07PM -- Migrations are starting soon in a single batch.

Update 8:07PM -- Files are still being migrated.

Update 11:40PM -- Migration has completed and we are finalizing all services. 100% success rate, but please do contact us if you have any errors. Networking coming back up soon with the same IP. Thanks for being patient.

Date - 11/08/2019 19:07
Last Updated - 11/08/2019 23:41
LAOVZ3 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ3
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ3 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 1:07PM PST -- We are starting on batch 1 soon. Any services with the IP 104.168.95.xx will go offline shortly.

Update 3:02PM PST -- Batch 2 is starting. 192.210.165.xx

Update 3:35PM PST -- Batch 1 is completing and services should be online soon.  Batch 2 is almost completed. Starting batch 3.

Update 8:03PM PST -- We ran into some problems that were resolved. Batch 1, 2, 3 and finalized and accessible. Batch 4 is about to be done and acessible. We are processing a few more batches in random order, and will finalize those as soon as possible but the rest of this node may be delayed.

Update 9:59PM PST -- The various batches have completed and we are bringing back networking and the old IPs. There are still some customers that have not yet been moved. Please check the main network status page for updates on the next scheduled day if your service did not change to KVM virtualization.

Date - 11/08/2019 13:00
Last Updated - 11/08/2019 22:00
LA10GOVZ2 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LA10GOVZ2
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LA10GOVZ2 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 3:45PM -- we are preparing one of the batches for this node. If your service's IP address begins with 107.174.59.xx it will be going offline for migration soon.
Update 5:35PM -- we are still preparing the above batch.
Update 5:37PM -- there is currently a batch in progress. Anybody with the IP 107.173.34.X may be currently down as it's being converted now.

Update 5:46PM -- The batch with IP address 107.174.59.xx has been verified and will begin soon. Services will go offline.
Update 6:53PM - "107.173.35.xx" was mistakenly referred to, the second batch is actually "107.174.59.xx" - apologies for the inconvenience. Both batches are still in progress.
Update 9:20PM - we are completing one batch now, the other batch is still in progress.
Update 12:46 AM PST - we're done with all batches for the day on this node. Servers should become accessible shortly (within the next hour) - if yours is not, you should receive an error ticket soon. There is still one batch left to be migrated.

Update: We're starting the last batch for this node as of 12:30PM PST, that's when downtimes will begin.

Update 3:34PM Next Day -- We have started completing these in random batches. Since it's one big IP block it will be done in 8 batches, where we reduce downtime for some more than others.

Update 6:16PM -- All batches are complete and we are finalizing networking and bringing these back up.

Update 8:05PM -- All services are online now, and should have their old IP and networking shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Date - 11/07/2019 00:00
Last Updated - 11/08/2019 20:06
NYOVZ9L - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - NYOVZ9L
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled NYOVZ9L conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 3:48PM -- Everything is prepared and we will begin in batches soon.

Update 4:00PM -- We are beginning on batch 1. If you are in batch 1 (random) your service will go offline. Batch 1 will unfortunately have the highest downtime, as we will be bringing all batches' networking up (to change IP back to what it was) together.

Update 5:24PM -- We are running into unforseen complications with batch 1. We will unfortunately have to process everyone in a single batch instead. All services will go offline shortly.

Update 9:01PM -- We apologize for the longer than anticipated wait. The batch has been completed and we are preparing everything. Hopefully this should be done within the next hour.

Update 1:05AM -- We continued having difficulty with this node, however, we are finally done and now finalizing these services.

Update 1:37AM -- Migrations are complete. Please click "reconfigure networking" if you have any problems connecting to your IP address. While were are doing this for customers, there are some technical limitations to how many the system actually processes so some customers may have to do it themselves.

Date - 11/07/2019 16:00
Last Updated - 11/08/2019 01:38
LAOVZ12 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ12
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ12 conversions to KVM virtualization when we start. Updates will be posted here.

Update 4:10 PM PST - we will be proceeding with downtimes (in batches).
Update 5:54 PM PST - the first batch has been completed and should be coming back online within the next 30 minutes.
Update 6:55 PM PST - this batch took longer than expected. The next batch is also in progress. We'll try to bring most of the current down servers up soon.
Update 9:20 PM - we are completing one batch now, the final batch is now in progress.
Update 12:46 AM PST - we're done with all batches on this node. Servers should become accessible shortly (within the next hour) - if yours is not, you should receive an error ticket soon. Otherwise, please contact us.

Date - 11/07/2019 00:00
Last Updated - 11/08/2019 01:08
LAOVZ11 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ11
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ11 conversions to KVM virtualization soon.

Update 3 PM - we're proceeding with the migrations, although VM downtime should not occur until later.
Update 4 PM - we're behind schedule but we should start the first batch of downtimes soon.
Update 6:30 PM - downtimes have started for this node, we are moving batches of containers now.

Update 10:45 PM - we're done for today, anybody who has been converted should have retained their IP - please report any issues.

Update 11/7 - 10:23 AM PST - we're starting preparation to work on this conversion again today.
Update 4:10 PM PST - we should be finishing up with this node's conversions shortly.
Update 5:10 PM PST - these are done. IPs should ping soon, let us know if you have issues.

Date - 11/06/2019 15:00
Last Updated - 11/07/2019 17:10
LAOVZ2 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ2
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled LAOVZ2 conversions to KVM virtualization soon.

Update 3 PM - we're proceeding with the migrations, although VM downtime should not occur until later.
Update 4 PM - we're behind schedule but we should start the first batch of downtimes soon.

Update 10:45 PM - we're done for today, anybody who has been converted should have retained their IP - please report any issues.

Update 11/7 - 10:23 AM PST - we're starting preparation to work on this conversion again today.
Update 4:10 PM PST - we should be finishing up with this node's conversions shortly.
Update 5:10 PM PST - these are done. IPs should ping soon, let us know if you have issues.

Date - 11/06/2019 15:00
Last Updated - 11/07/2019 17:10
NYOVZ10L - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - Critical
Affecting System - NYOVZ10L
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled NYOVZ10L conversions to KVM virtualization, on approximately 2:30PM PST

Update 2:30PM PST -- we are waiting on the new node to be finalized and KVM placeholder services to be generated. The first batch of migrations will begin after this is complete.

Update 3:30PM PST -- we have completed the finalization, and are beginning migrations. Services will begin going offline in the next hour.

Update 4:00PM PST -- we are still finalizing the KVM services that will be utilized for the conversion and correcting any errors.

Update 4:40PM PST -- everything is verified and we will begin working on in batches. Please note, we will be doing 4 batches, however, due to the nature of how networking functions, if you are in batch 1, your downtime will be longer than the later batches as your service will be prepared without networking and finally everyone's networking will switch on in the end. We anticipate 4 hours of downtime for batch 1, and then 3 hours for batch 2, with only 2 and 1 hours of downtime for batch 3 and 4, respectively. Batch 1 will begin very soon.

Update 5:05PM PST -- we are starting on batch 1 and services will begin going offline temporarily.

Update 6:05PM PST -- we are starting on batch 2 and completing batch 1. Please remember, even when it's done, batch 1 will not be ready until all are complete.

Update 6:25PM PST -- we are done with batch 1, waiting on other conversions to complete for networking. Your new service for batch 1 is technically available to use on SolusVM, however, it's on a temporary IP address while we bring back your old IP and reconfigure networking which will result in a reboot.

Update 6:41PM PST-- we are beginning batch 3, and completing batch 2 soon.

Update: 7:31PM PST -- we are beginning batch 4, and completing batch 3. Batch 2 is effectively complete, however, we have not brought up the services in the same way as batch 1 yet.

Update 8:10PM PST -- Batch 3 is complete with 97.5% success rate. We are completing batch 4 now and will have networking up soon.

Update 8:41PM PST -- Batch 4 is almost complete, we are closing out any remaining issues and then configuring networking.

Update 9:13PM PST -- Batch 4 is complete with 97.3% success rate. We are in the process of moving the old IP addresses to the new server.

Update 9:55PM PST -- conversion/migration has been completed for this node.

Date - 11/06/2019 14:30
Last Updated - 11/06/2019 21:56
NYOVZ8L - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - Critical
Affecting System - NYOVZ8L
Services will begin going offline for the scheduled NYOVZ8L conversions to KVM virtualization, on approximately 1:30PM PST.

Update 3:30PM PST -- we have elected to make some improvements to reduce downtime for services and therefore did not start earlier as planned. Scheduled downtimes will begin shortly. No services have yet been taken offline.

Update 4:30PM PST -- we are beginning to migrate/convert services. Downtimes will begin. We are processing these in batches, to reduce downtime. Server controls are going to be temporarily unavailable for customers still on the initial OpenVZ node.

Update 6:11PM PST -- batch 1 is complete and successful. We are bringing these new KVM services back online and beginning batch 2.

Update 6:47PM PST -- all services from batch 1 are online and ready to use. Batch 2 is still in progress. We are beginning batch 3.

Update 8:08PM PST -- batch 2 is compete with 97.5% success rate, the other 2.5% of customers will receive communication. We are beginning batch 4 and almost done with batch 3. Batch 4 is the last batch.

Update 8:32PM PST -- batch 3 is complete, and services are coming online shortly with a success rate of 95% at this time. Batch 4 will be completed soon.

Update 9:50PM PST -- all batches are now complete. If your service was not migrated, you will receive communication on the next steps.

Date - 11/05/2019 13:31 - 11/05/2019 21:50
Last Updated - 11/05/2019 21:52
LAOVZ9 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ9
Hello,

We will be trying to do the conversion for LAOVZ9 as scheduled but they may be delayed. If they're delayed the new schedules will be posted on the larger Network Status regarding conversions.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

Date - 11/04/2019 00:00 - 11/04/2019 23:00
Last Updated - 11/05/2019 14:37
LAOVZ6 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ6
Hello,

We will be trying to do the conversion for LAOVZ6 as scheduled but they may be delayed. If they're delayed the new schedules will be posted on the larger Network Status regarding conversions.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

LAOVZ7 - Scheduled Conversion (Scheduled)
Priority - High
Affecting System - LAOVZ7
Hello,

We will be trying to do the conversion for LAOVZ7 as scheduled but they may be delayed. If they're delayed the new schedules will be posted on the larger Network Status regarding conversions.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

Germany - Specific IP(s) having issues (Investigating)
Priority - High
Affecting System - Frankfurt Location
Hello,

We're aware of some specific IPs not working within our Frankfurt, Germany location and we have the datacenter investigating this now.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

Update 9/24: This may be occurring on very few IPs - please contact us.

Date - 08/29/2019 00:00
Last Updated - 09/24/2019 10:17
PHXKVM4 - IP(s) having issues (Investigating)
Priority - Critical
Affecting System - PHXKVM4
Hello,

We're aware of some specific IPs not working on our PHXKVM4 node and we have the datacenter investigating this now. The subnet 173.213.88.32/27 is the subnet having issues on this node.

Thanks,
VirMach Team

Date - 09/20/2019 10:35
Last Updated - 09/20/2019 10:36
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-15-2019, 08:00 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I would like to report that my VPS has been upgraded to KVM without changing IP, @Dynamo can you confirm?

@LightDestory  Can you please open a private VPS support request separately in the VPS Support Section of the Forum.  Before I do the reinstall, I also want to make certain with @Dynamo that other actions are needed before the OS is reinstalled.  If you read through the status report from Virmach you will notice that Virmach makes certain recommendations (I've quoted these recommendations below). However you may also want to look look at Virmach's Network Status Reports I quoted here for fuller information:
https://post4vps.com/Thread-VPS-9-Schedu...0#pid31990

Quote:Is your service not functioning after migration? Please read this before contacting us.

Due to the nature of OpenVZ to KVM conversions, how we process them is using a base KVM template, and then overwriting any duplicate files with your files from your old OpenVZ service. What ends up happening in many of the situations where there are conflicts is that a new file now exists with additional settings that you did not have in the past, or that there are newer versions of certain packages that do not work with your older version of other software.

If networking is not functioning or your services are attempting to bind to the wrong IP address, please first "Re-configure networking" on your Control Panel. Wait approximately 5 minutes, then log in via VNC to see if your service is showing any prompt, then attempt to ping both 8.8.8.8 and google.com to see if there's still an issue with networking. Check your ifconfig to ensure the correct IP is assigned.

For CentOS, please check to ensure SELinux is disabled. Check out this guide here. This should fix any issues you are having with polkit service as well as others.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/...ng_selinux

Check your firewall rules. For example, there may be new rules set blocking port 80/443. Here is a good guide.
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables

Attempt to start all your packages. For example, if your website is not working, ensure you attempt to start apache/nginx, MySQL, PHP, and any other related services. For most services, the command would be systemctl start or /etc/init.d/ start where is the service name. If there are any errors, it will usually be because of an incompatibility and you can install or update the appropriate services or contact us for assistance. If you contact us, please let us know exactly the services you are running and their configuration.

For web panels, first make sure you disable SELinux as instructed above. Then, check iptables as instructed above. cPanel needs /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp to be ran afterward. For other panels we are investigating, but there is an issue with /etc/init.d files missing. Please restore this from your own backups or contact us to copy it over for you.

If any files are missing, please contact us to complete the file migration again. This is extremely rare and unintended, and we can easily fix the issue. An indicating sign that this is the case is your old password not working or your SSH port being different.

If you contact us please include your service credentials and a very specific description of what you are running on your service and what is not functioning, otherwise help may be delayed further. Please be patient. If it is an extremely urgent situation, please request that we bring back your old OpenVZ service back online with a new IP address. Let us know if you are OK with a resync (all files on your new KVM service will be overwritten again from the old OpenVZ service.)
Terminal
(11-16-2019, 04:30 AM)sagher Wrote: As i notice my VPS is rebooted or rest between saturday sunday night. and all my applications are stopped working so i manually run them again. i just ask about my location Los-angles also be upgraded of the issue is something else?

@sagher  Can you please open a private support thread in the VPS support section of the Forum.  When you post your support request can you please provide specific details of what is not working.  Not just vague info.  I.e. what applications are no longer working?  Are they still not working?  Etc.

Yes, your VPS seems to be in the process of being upgraded.  @Dynamoay be able to inform you more fully, but from the status reports on our Virmach account, looks like they have done lots of work on the Los Angeles nodes.

For Dynamo and other technical staff to help you please open a private support thread in the VPS Support Section of the Forum first.  That way you can get full and undivided specialist attention.

You can also look at the following info Virmach provided:
Quote:Is your service not functioning after migration? Please read this before contacting us.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/...ng_selinux

https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables

Terminal
Just some overall feedback about the number of our VPSs that have been converted to KVM.  As far as I can see they have all been converted with the exception of Phoenix and Atlanta.  So still two VPSs to go in addition to troubleshooting all of the issues that have occurred after the most recent conversions.  I have a feeling though that Dynamo probably knows exactly what to do, since the first two conversions (Chicago and Seattle) had been successful.  And hopefully once he has given the most recent conversions a work over the size of the disks will be back to 100GB.

VPS 9 disk issues are the following:

Dallas is on 49 GB
Los Angeles on 5 GB
Buffalo on 7 GB

All of the others are on 100 GB.

Wonder what is going to happen to VPS 9 (Phoenix) and (Atlanta) - like who knows, maybe those guys will be so good at what they're doing by now, it will be a pleasure. Or who knows, maybe they're waiting to do these last because these VPSs are on the oldest and more complicated networks. More headaches of a different kind that may be coming our way.
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-15-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting