arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 - Scheduled Upgrade - Rest locations
Ah! Seems me and @deanhills will have to wait sometime more for the KVM upgrade. Well TBH I'm eagerly waiting for my upgrade. I've backed up all my data, and after the upgrade is done, I'm gonna test out a few things, and then I'll request an OS reinstall and start everything afresh.

I hope I don't encounter the same disk space issues as others did. Well 5GB of storage transition from 100GB? That's really low. Even the Buffalo one is suffering. Well honestly even on my OVZ one as of mow, I've 99GB. I never reported that bcuz I thought that's alright with me by going above 80GB till now. Just felt like mentioning with @tryp4vps's reply.

NVM I've a firm belief that Virmach will sort this out soon and our upgrades will so be done as soon. As always a great thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for this awesome VPS.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(11-17-2019, 06:15 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Ah! Seems me and @deanhills will have to wait sometime more for the KVM upgrade. Well TBH I'm eagerly waiting for my upgrade. I've backed up all my data, and after the upgrade is done, I'm gonna test out a few things, and then I'll request an OS reinstall and start everything afresh.

I hope I don't encounter the same disk space issues as others did. Well 5GB of storage transition from 100GB? That's really low. Even the Buffalo one is suffering. Well honestly even on my OVZ one as of mow, I've 99GB. I never reported that bcuz I thought that's alright with me by going above 80GB till now. Just felt like mentioning with @tryp4vps's reply.

NVM I've a firm belief that Virmach will sort this out soon and our upgrades will so be done as soon. As always a great thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for this awesome VPS.

Regards,

probably it is wrong on the disk space migrating process . but 5GB without data loss? . if it because only storing low amount of thing it can be probably that the disk space is dependent on the used space instead of 100GB
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(11-17-2019, 06:15 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Ah! Seems me and @deanhills will have to wait sometime more for the KVM upgrade. Well TBH I'm eagerly waiting for my upgrade. I've backed up all my data, and after the upgrade is done, I'm gonna test out a few things, and then I'll request an OS reinstall and start everything afresh.

Regards,

If you read the notes from Virmach that was previously quoted, could be that there is more than one copy of the virtualization creating conflicts and networking issues. Recommendation is for someone to "reset" the networking of the specific VPS in the Admin Panel. I have a feeling that Dynamo did that with the first two upgrades to KVM as there were no issues about disk space then. I could probably also go in and reset the networking, but thought since Dynamo had massaged the first two VPSs through the upgrade process, that he would be the better person to fix this.

But yes, I'm in the same boat as you are with VPS 9. Looks like ours are the last two VPS 9s to be upgraded.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-17-2019, 10:18 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: probably it is wrong on the disk space migrating process . but 5GB without data loss? . if it because only storing low amount of thing it can be probably that the disk space is dependent on the used space instead of 100GB

VirMach already mentioned that the disk would have expandable dedicated disk space. So it is true that the initial disk space after the transfer will depend on your current disk usage level.

For those who are still waiting for the upgrade, I would suggest that you fill up your current disk as full as possible. Smile

(11-18-2019, 05:22 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: VirMach already mentioned that the disk would have expandable dedicated disk space. So it is true that the initial disk space after the transfer will depend on your current disk usage level.

For those who are still waiting for the upgrade, I would suggest that you fill up your current disk as full as possible. Smile

Is this what you did @tryp4vps? Did you fill up your disk, or was it full at the time when the upgrade of your VPS was taking place?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-18-2019, 02:51 PM)deanhills Wrote: Is this what you did @tryp4vps? Did you fill up your disk, or was it full at the time when the upgrade of your VPS was taking place?

Good question. Actually my disk was not full. It was only around 75% full.

Because the first announcement did not mention the "expandable dedicated disk" thing, I did not know about it at all. So I did not fill up my disk to make it full.

@tryp4vps
On the first VirMach's upgrade process there wasn't something like "expandable dedicated disk", this "feature" has been added on this new attempt.

Sadly when I had first read about this upgrade I had decided to unload almost all files from the VPS to make easier for VirMach the upgrade, because less things such as files, processes and services there are, less chances to corrupt the converted container.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Hello, sorry for late response,
If you guys probably gone through the email of the First post, you would have been known,

Actually yea Virmach have shrunk the disk spaces of users who were not utilising it.
But no worries since we can expand the Disk space as per our requirements through the Panel.
So if you are an VPS 9 user and you really wants your disk space to get expanded then please let us know about what's your disk space requirement. We will try to increase it accordingly.

Here are some logs which might give you some Idea:
[Image: 3tW3SHa.jpg]

[Image: oWWq6gN.jpg]
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Wow thats a good idea to save some resources, but without a panel all the vps holders will wait for expand
(11-16-2019, 05:27 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: This is really strange. After my VPS 9 gets upgraded, the disk size becomes 99 GB.

It is not exactly 100 GB but is only 1 GB less. Your size of 7GB is way too small for normal usages.

My VPS 9, which i got already running the upgraded KVM technology, also shows the storage as 99GB. So that seems to be a commonly thing. Not a big deal to be honest! It’s still a hell of a lot of storage!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-15-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting