arrow_upward

Pages (7): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you guys doing at home -covid lockdown?
While at home I've been spending a lot of time learning, cooking and gardening. Where I live we currently do not have stay at home orders back in pace, but we are about to see a second spike here in the next few weeks, due to University Students being back and all of the parties happening on campus. I am fortunate enough I can work remotely with my 9to5 and then I have the freedom to work on my own business anywhere. Good luck and stay safe everyone!
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Just Like Normal People , I Stay at home, Doing Online College, Playing Game, sometime doing exercise, Attend Some Webinar, Learning new Skill, and meet firend in Discord
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
My University just opened last week so the home lockdown here kind of ended however there is news of cases rising again and chances of institutions switching to online education again!

For me lockdown came at a time when I had just finished with my A Levels and also finished with my university entry tests so I really had nothing much to do except free time. I spent it mostly aon PC playing games or reading stuff or working on my vps.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(09-23-2020, 07:16 AM)Honey Wrote: My University just opened last week so the home lockdown here kind of ended however there is news of cases rising again and chances of institutions switching to online education again!

For me lockdown came at a time when I had just finished with my A Levels and also finished with my university entry tests so I really had nothing much to do except free time. I spent it mostly aon PC playing games or reading stuff or working on my vps.

@Honey, Where you from? 
As for the topic, My college just opened from last week and cases are coming not going to college at the moment, At home routine is like Gaming, Reading , Gaming and sleeping it have been the same as for whole quarantine.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Double duties. work from home and other home and market shopping too. bring groceries, fruit, vegetables from market and other household items. office work and some freelancing client work, sometime i was plumber, sometime i was electrician, some time IT expert sometime and many many other things ... wait... baby sitter too ... Tongue
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(09-23-2020, 10:38 AM)sAmI Wrote: @Honey, Where you from? 
As for the topic, My college just opened from last week and cases are coming not going to college at the moment, At home routine is like Gaming, Reading , Gaming and sleeping it have been the same as for whole quarantine.

I am from Pakistan currently attending a university in the capital city Smile

My university was warned that it might close however for now it is believed that on campus classes will continue unless significant increase in cases arise.
Working at home did give me more freedom to do exercises, listen to music, or watch TV etc..

Now while the lockdown period is going to over, people are going back to the office. But traffic jams occur again in my city. This is something I hate most. Sad

(09-26-2020, 03:32 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Working at home did give me more freedom to do exercises, listen to music, or watch TV etc..

Now while the lockdown period is going to over, people are going back to the office. But traffic jams occur again in my city. This is something I hate most.  Sad

While I agree that the lockdown period gave everyone the much needed break, but did you accomplish something during the lockdown? You mentioned excercises but did you make up a goal or was it just something you did when you felt bored?

I personally completed a beginner tutorial on Photoshop & Illustrator during/near end of lockdown and I really felt great after the realization that I actually accomplished something and didn't completely waste my time Smile

Let me know
(09-28-2020, 09:22 AM)Honey Wrote: While I agree that the lockdown period gave everyone the much needed break, but did you accomplish something during the lockdown? You mentioned excercises but did you make up a goal or was it just something you did when you felt bored?

I personally completed a beginner tutorial on Photoshop & Illustrator during/near end of lockdown and I really felt great after the realization that I actually accomplished something and didn't completely waste my time Smile

Let me know

Glad to know that you got to complete a tutorial on Photoshop & Illustrator. Really nice. Smile

For doing exercises, my goal is always to keep me healthy. So I did feel I accomplished something and not a waste of time at all.

And before the lockdown period, I did not have such kind of freedom to do exercises at work. Therefore most of the time I needed to do exercises on weekends and the time management was not that easy.

I decided to try (for the fourth time) to get into game development, and finally have met with some small order of success.

I've been using Foss (GDevelop, Gimp, Audacity) and made a few small simple games while exploring and learning about the softwares I'm using. They aren't very good, but they are (slowly) improving. I pride myself on making games almost exclusively out of public domain assets (with appropriate attributions). So far everything I've made is 100% free; I don't really feel like at my present skill level the games are worth selling, but perhaps in the future.

I have an account on itch that I've been using to generate traffic for my website. I also have an account on Jolt, but I don't like it as much and haven't been keeping it up to date. The interface just seems clunkier and the service is a bit slower too.

I look forward to trying more advanced game engines like Unity or Unreal and other tools like Blender when I can finance a workstation that isn't from the Paleozoic era.
Pages (7): Jump to page 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting