arrow_upward

Pages (9): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Windows 10 Experince ?
The brilliance of Google.   Tongue

So this morning - first time - just after logging in Microsoft in Windows 10 came with a notification pop up suggesting that by signing in I could make my user experience much better.  Yeah right!  

So I thought to Google this, and after a few not so good links arrived at this one that exactly solved the issue for me:

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-1...ow-stop-it

Key is in Settings and then System.  And the notifications for turning off are in there:

1. Uncheck the box for "Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows."
2. Uncheck the box for "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested."
3.  Uncheck the box for "Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows."

So must say I do like the new Windows 10 Settings as it is much easier to get to what I need to do than with the Windows 7 Control Panel.  With the Control Panel the groupings both ways were quite clumsy and even to this day I still have to read through them to get to the ones I'm looking for like for instance the programs.  Whereas with Windows 10 it's a breeze.  And very intuititve.  Anything to do with Admin is in the settings, or all one needs to do is complete the search box next to the Windows logo.  And the search really works very well.  I've even been using it for loading apps.  Windows 10 if it doesn't have the app would then direct me through Microsoft Edge no less to the app download site.  Now how neat is that?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I was going to ask this before. haha. From what I read it seems, you have to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 to have a quite life using it. And in Windows Pro you can do it in
Group Policy Editor. Even then It said you won't able to fully disable all this crap in Pro edition without doing some registry editing. Only the Enterprise Edition gives you full control.

Also I heard Microsoft secretly forced an Telemetry update on Windows 7 users as a security update without telling what really it is.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(11-06-2020, 12:12 PM)xdude Wrote: I was going to ask this before. haha. From what I read it seems, you have to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 to have a quite life using it. And in Windows Pro you can do it in
Group Policy Editor. Even then It said you won't able to fully disable all this crap in Pro edition without doing some registry editing. Only the Enterprise Edition gives you full control.

Also I heard Microsoft secretly forced an Telemetry update on Windows 7 users as a security update without telling what really it is.

I totally agree with you. With Windows 7 I had a good feeling of being in control most of the time. But with Windows 10 there is a whole team of guys behind the scenes who develop processes that are user-proof Tongue Not necessarily a bad thing, as with the upgrade directly from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it was a completely seamless process, but I of course don't have the foggiest of what had happened behind the scenes.

One thing though, as soon as some one has figured out something that Microsoft is forcing down their throats, there is a tutorial that appears of how to get out of the situation or erase something in power shell. Maybe the positive in all of this shady way Microsoft is going about things, it forces users to look for alternative ways of doing things. Some having decided to opt out of MS Windows completely. I like windows though, so if I could continue with finding ways of first finding the source of the problem by Googling it, and a tutorial to get rid of it, I think I'll be able to survive it.

To be honest though so far I'm totally surprised how easy the upgrade process from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has been compared with when I changed from Windows XP to Windows 7. Do you still remember what a nightmare those updates had been with Windows 7 after the installation had been completed. It was super frustrating as one just couldn't get into the computer. Whereas with the upgrade to Windows 10 the updates were completely seamless and blew away my mind. Maybe one benefit of Microsoft's extra control of the system.
Terminal
Haha .... so the Windows Update penny FINALLY dropped!  Only wizened up to it tonight.  It definitely was too good to be true.  OK.  So I was wondering why there were no updates - like almost 5 days now.  When I had upgraded to Windows 7 a few years back, there were continuous updates over a number of days after the upgrade.  But nothing with my Windows 10.  So I thought maybe I should check settings, but when I searched on updates, Windows Update came up with "Something went wrong.  Check settings later".  It kept doing that.

So I was back with Google and found that this is a common occurrence.  After a bit of research this led to discovery of the Troubleshooting tool in Settings.  It sorted the problem out like magic, and without needing to log out and in again.  Within seconds of the Troubleshooter fixing the error, I had a number of updates viz:

1. Windows Malicious Software Tool removal (very familiar update)
2. Lenovo Monitor 6.13.3.0  (now that was interesting @Mashiro! - this appeared before I installed the Vista update)
3. Microsoft Silverlight KB4481252
4. Synaptics Driver Update for Synoptics Pointing Device (not the foggiest what this is supposed to be for)
I looked it up - it's an update for my laptop touch pad.  Tongue
5. Security Update Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack

Then there was an optional quality update available - I thought to deal with the above updates first.  Microsoft didn't ask my permission and immediately started to download all of the updates 1-5.  Then after that asked whether they could be installed, which I OK'd.  The updates went really fast, not at all what I expected.

Any way, I was worried for a while after, as it automatically shut the computer down, and then restarted it, taking some time to configure the updates, and it took some time before I was able to work with my laptop as it kept freezing - probably as the updates were working in the background. I was worried "I'd done it"!  But it seems to be OK now.  I then successfully installed an Intel Graphics Driver that Mashiro recommended, and that worked out remarkably well.  With great improvement to the display.  At least my laptop now identifies the monitor it is connected with.  Unfortunately though LG has no Windows 10 driver for the old monitor, but it seems to be OK with a generic driver from Windows 10.

So I guess I'm now on updates.  And will be getting the full experience from now on forwards.  I think tomorrow I'll try out the Optional Quality update that is available.  And see how that goes.
Terminal
Looks like my new Windows 10 Professional has sorted out the updates.  I'm now up to date with updates.

I'm also impressed with how polite Windows 10 Professional is with updates. These are all the options one can click on.  One can pause it for a week.  

[Image: Ph5PINR.png]

Windows 10 Professional is definitely light years ahead of Windows 7 Professional with management of updates.

OK now I just have to muster some courage to go for the BIG plunge with my primary desktop computer.
Terminal
I need some assistance to all windows 10 experts. i want to uninstall default windows defender antivirus because they not really kept viruses even simple USB drive viruses. i wish to replace it with 360 total security antivirus. anyone here help me how to remove this system application which not seen in uninstall programs.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(11-10-2020, 01:44 PM)sagher Wrote: I need some assistance to all windows 10 experts. i want to uninstall default windows defender antivirus because they not really kept viruses even simple USB drive viruses. i wish to replace it with 360 total security antivirus. anyone here help me how to remove this system application which not seen in uninstall programs.

It cannot be removed as the Windows Defender is a multi component security center that is a core of Windows 10 and newer Windows Server versions. It can however be disabled.

If you have Windows 10 Pro or above you can disable it via the local group policy editor: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-perma...oup-policy

^ Make sure to disable the tamper protection of Windows Defender antivirus or else the GPO won't work.

If you have Windows 10 Home you can try to disable it via registry hacks: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-perma...h-registry

^ Make sure to disable the tamper protection of Windows Defender antivirus or else the GPO won't work. And the registry solution might not work depending on the Windows version/build you have.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
A question i would like to ask from you guys,
I went to a Gaming Zone few days ago and i played on a pc which had lower specs than my PC and my other PC too, but the fps was like 3x time more than both my PCs
Game was CSGO. I wanna know how can i just optimize my PC for games only maybe CSGO only, Since i play csgo a high level frames matter to me alot, And i need constant 144 so it sometimes dips.
I have tried every method, when i was using windows 7 FPS was wayy too better, had to switch on windows 10 due to updates and support.
I'm currently on 1909.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(11-10-2020, 03:47 PM)Mashiro Wrote: It cannot be removed as the Windows Defender is a multi component security center that is a core of Windows 10 and newer Windows Server versions. It can however be disabled.

If you have Windows 10 Pro or above you can disable it via the local group policy editor: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-perma...oup-policy

^ Make sure to disable the tamper protection of Windows Defender antivirus or else the GPO won't work.

If you have Windows 10 Home you can try to disable it via registry hacks: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-perma...h-registry

^ Make sure to disable the tamper protection of Windows Defender antivirus or else the GPO won't work. And the registry solution might not work depending on the Windows version/build you have.
I have Windows 10 Pro 2019 . i try with some online solution via google links but i guess i mess-up the system files or something else. now when i open it it's shown disable and no option shown to enable it. and all time reminder is appears to enable your virus protection.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
@sagher

If you disable the Windows Defender antivirus via GPO or registry the system will notice it.

1) Disable the Windows Defender trayicon (Task Manager - Autostart - Disable it here).
[Image: nBibVD3.png]

2) Disable notifications for Windows Defender Antivirus in the Windows 10 Control Panel (not the Settings App).
[Image: Sqt5Hc7.png]
(Sadly I don't have a English version of Windows so can only provide a German screenshot)

But the steps in English are basically:
1. On the search tab, type "Security and Maintenance".
2. Choose "Change Security and Maintenance settings".
3. Uncheck the notifications that you don't want to pop-up (Antivirus in your case).

Edit: To renable Windows Defender antivirus you have to undo the GPO or registry changes you did and enable the trayicon and notifications again. No need to fiddle around with any system files.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Pages (9): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting