arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
95% of the free services are over - Respect me too in this.
I open this thread because the free services like cpanels, plugins, resellers and VPS if it were a bit in the end has come on internet. Between 2012-2018 free services were and will continue to be available and also the Resellers, VPSes and Dedicated Servers and Game servers. With effect from 2019, this option is almost, "I ALWAYS pass", I often receive requests to sponsor websites that run a "No-Income" website, I reject every sponsor request because otherwise it would be nice to me the costs are going to run for the long term which can cause my company to go bankrupt, so that's why I don't do that I am in contact with a number of large-scale list of people asking about hosting, I am not the right person to provide free service I run LNB hosting myself and that is our freemium model, where customers can claim free hosting, but 9 out of 10 times they are dissatisfied because Disk Space, Bandwidth, cPanel Functions and network speed are limited and nowadays they all want unlimited and we also regularly have great promotions that customers can really benefit from, but even with the Special deals (Recurring) they are not satisfied, they would prefer that you put everything for free instead of having 1 cent left Paying, yes a story from HostLease, nice and exciting but who cares (nobody), I have done my say. The point I want to express is that more and more hosting companies are closing their free services and / or switching to "myownfreehost" - Byet reseller with a vPanel. I know a number of hosting companies that are going to leave or stop the free hosting. I will against that for the time being, I also say "Provisional" to continue to offer the free services, but I cannot offer any guarantee for the rest of 2019, but I can tell my current resellers that " active "their services will be retained and those" inactive "(will be checked) removed to save my costs. I am also not going to add domain names because of the privacy and advertising of other companies, but you can already fill in what you have used in the past. This is also partly due to "DirectAdmin" which causes the hosting provider to stop. I hope you can sign for this thread. If you offer a service yourself with free service, I'd love to hear from you. Perhaps I can help you with supporting and bringing ideas to new positions.
Pretty much yes @Jordy. I totally understand and hereby agree with what you say. After this significant price hike in cPanel licenses, over the last two months, I have seen many free web hosts either switching to other options like DirectAdmin or completely shutdown their free hosting service.

Just read this GoogieHost article about this: https://googiehost.com/blog/cpanel-updated-pricing/ . In this context, I'd like to say that that I totally understand they're concern - it's no ways possible to pay $17k a month, lest you have the full intention of going bankrupt.

Having said this, I'd also like to mention about your thought about Byet. They've successfully copied a portion of the cPanel old interface in vPanel and still manage to fool people into it being cPanel. Anyways, I myself own a ByetHost reseller. I won't post the link here as it's against the forum rules. Anyways, what I wanna say is that it's a good pocket-money for me. The ads on my website generates the revenue bcoz Byet doesn't even pay a penny for people signing up on your website. The fact is, the ads generate a few bucks here and there, and so I've kept that host live still.

Also, FYI I'm developing a sort of better interface for VestaCP. It's an extended version of Vesta Web Interface and I'm making a few changes into this also to make it even better. It's on my VPS 9 currently as it handles the load very well. Once I'm over with the changes, bug fixes and so on, I shall be asking a few people to test it out. Initially, it won't have a file manager but yeah, it'll have a FTP plugin so you can use that. Eventually, I'll develop one to make it a perfect one.

Maybe I'm extending a bit too much... So just a last thing. Although, I read your post in full, still I'll ask something. My reseller is not gonna be withdrawn, I hope? Bcoz some of friends have their websites hosted there. I'm very okay with the present specs you offer, as ultimately, it's all for FREE.

Thanks for starting a great conversation!

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(09-12-2019, 03:28 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Also, FYI I'm developing a sort of better interface for VestaCP. It's an extended version of Vesta Web Interface and I'm making a few changes into this also to make it even better. It's on my VPS 9 currently as it handles the load very well. Once I'm over with the changes, bug fixes and so on, I shall be asking a few people to test it out. Initially, it won't have a file manager but yeah, it'll have a FTP plugin so you can use that. Eventually, I'll develop one to make it a perfect one.

Maybe I'm extending a bit too much... So just a last thing. Although, I read your post in full, still I'll ask something. My reseller is not gonna be withdrawn, I hope? Bcoz some of friends have their websites hosted there. I'm very okay with the present specs you offer, as ultimately, it's all for FREE.

Thanks for starting a great conversation!

Regards,
That's brilliant @sohamb03.  I really like VestaCP because of how light it is in resources.  So if you could perfect it, and maybe even add a File Manager, that would be awesome.  

I still have to figure out why people allow one provider of a service, like cpanel to become so big and powerful, which is exactly why cpanel thinks it can get away with huge price hikes.  The effect of this is also acutely felt by the owner of Gigarocket.  His first response was to let go of the hosting.  But we seem to still be existing.  We don't have Softaculous though any longer.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I am VPS-9 owner and i love to use VestaCP if you done it for us. it's so exited news for me. Thanks for your kind work and best of luck til you create a master piece for us.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
@sagher: Thanks for your kind words. The interface is presently a private respository on GitHub, after I'm done with making it, I'll change it to public. Well after I'm done with the few changes In doing as of now, I'll make a post here on Post4VPS asking people to try out an account on my server. Based on people's reviews I'll be configuring it further. Hope to have you in the beta testers!

@deanhills: All the more thanks to you too. Well actually to be honest the credit goes to Carter Roeser, the creator of Vesta Web Interface. I'm just extending this project further by a few more configurations, bug fixes, UI enhancement and trying to build the new interface for the file manager. That's what my project is all about.

And about cPanel, I agree @deanhills, cPanel has become too proud mainly because their product is in the most demand in the hosting industry today. Almost all hosting providers use cPanel, this made them turn greedy for money. They gave a two-month notice to each provider, to either agree to the new price scheme or to work using cPanel. I really feel that everyone should quit cPanel, then we'll see how long can they continue their
business.

Also, about Softaculous, I feel if GigaRocket is able to offer cPanel, I don't think it should be a great difficulty to get a Softaculous license which costs around $30 a year. Were I you, I wouldn't really mind the non-availability of Softaculous. But since you do, I've a great idea. Would you consider migrating to my Hostlease reseller? Here I offer premium Softaculous license and whatever you do there, can be done here too. The server's died is damn good and unquestionable. If you'd like kindly drop me a line on PM and I'll lead you further.

With best wishes,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

I like VestaCP options and features but the panel colours are old fashioned!
Hope you do something great @sohamb03
Oh thanks @youssefbasha! You guys are so encouraging. I just have a few things to deal with, then I can offer everyone here a hosting account on the new interface. It's actually (not a fork) an extended version of Vesta Web Interface by Carter Roeser. He's done most of the customisations and what I'm doing is that I'm making a few more changes on the back end.

This interface is really cool you know compared to the old monotonous looks if the original VestaCP interface. I've made a temporary FTP-cum File Manager for this, since honestly I don't have the money to buy a commercial license if the File Manager and then develop it's interface. Neither I nor does Carter, for that matter. I'll also be starting a fundraiser with the release, so if y'all like you might make a voluntary donation. Nevermind, that's totally the user's choice. One thing is sure - everyone's getting a free hosting account from me. :-)

Hope to have you in the beta testers!

Cheers!
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

I used both VestaCP and Virtualmin for years for my unmanaged servers. I didn't like VestaCP in its early days because of lack of support and some problems with features. But a few years after I found they have fixed all those stuff. By that time I was using Virtualmin and found it's great as long as you have a minimum of 1GB RAM. I used VestaCP for low RAM VPS. But these days almost all of these servers have at least 1GB RAM.

One downside of Virtualmin is that it takes time to get used to if you have been a cPanel user for a long time. Everything is different and even names which r given for various options. What I like about it is you can micro-manage soo many server things. I didn't like that client-side of both these panels much. But again this was a few years back so I guess both these panels must have improved a lot. I think one of the biggest problems with these panels is the lack of a good invoice / payment system.

Cpanel has been slowly becoming too expensive for a while now. They have been adding nice featured but the price is becoming too much. I think sooner or later smaller budget providers will have to find a good alternative or face extinction. Plus big companies offering more and cheaper offers.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Last Post: xdude
07-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: deanhills
04-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting