arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notice to VPS Holders who aren't complying with their backlink requirements!
@deanhills I think I know why the ones who dont use their VPSs to host a website are quite hesitant to make a website dedicated for the backlinks. Web servers tend to use up precious resources, specially in the smaller/lower speced VPSs where you need to preserve as many resources as possible. So it might not seem reasonable for these VPS holders who don’t use their VPSs for web hosting (and hence don’t already have a web server in mind) to use up precious resources for a simple website.

However, I do have a possible solution for that (but that needs approval from the admins like yourself first) which said holders can do.

They can simply get an account at any free web host, and host the backlinks there! Does the job perfectly and won’t consume precious VPS resources.

On my end, I’m quite lucky since I already host my site on my VPS. And hence the web server was already part of my plan and I’ve made sure that it has enough resources without affecting any other processes. And that’s exactly why I had my backlink site ready and running since the day i got my VPS!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Ok I don't know if its good or bad saying this but I think this approach might not be practical. I mean members just creating a page just to cover the requirement. I thought this rule applies only if the member runs a web server. Then it make sense since the person would be running a real web site. Making up and page just for a link can do more harm than good. Because first of all the page / site need to have some good unique content. For example a review about post4vps or about the sponsor. Content which at least has about 700 words. Otherwise it would be just a spam link.

So lets see you create a page with good unique content. If you just set it up and forget then it will be just like signpost in middle of a jungle. Nobody will see Nobody will know. So I don't think its practical at all. Also I don't think it gonna work if the member has to run and maintain a website just for this. I mean create it then build backlinks for it then keep updating etc. Okey if the sponsor is fine with that then its all good.

Otherwise this needs a different approach. Well it's just a though.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Thats right I was thinking this anyway I already backup link evolution host banner in my website from past months when I won the sponsor vps from them and another vps 10 on giveaway you can see evolution host banner at home page
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(06-15-2020, 10:59 AM)ikk157 Wrote: @deanhills I think I know why the ones who dont use their VPSs to host a website are quite hesitant to make a website dedicated for the backlinks. Web servers tend to use up precious resources, specially in the smaller/lower speced VPSs where you need to preserve as many resources as possible. So it might not seem reasonable for these VPS holders who don’t use their VPSs for web hosting (and hence don’t already have a web server in mind) to use up precious resources for a simple website.

However, I do have a possible solution for that (but that needs approval from the admins like yourself first) which said holders can do.

They can simply get an account at any free web host, and host the backlinks there! Does the job perfectly and won’t consume precious VPS resources.

On my end, I’m quite lucky since I already host my site on my VPS. And hence the web server was already part of my plan and I’ve made sure that it has enough resources without affecting any other processes. And that’s exactly why I had my backlink site ready and running since the day i got my VPS!
@ikk157  That unfortunately won't work as the VPS has to be the sponsor's VPS.  It's a promo model used to market their VPS.  So logically they would like the back links to come from their VPS.  That is where they will be doing their checking.  

To get all confusion out of the way when members participate in a Giveaway, we will be asking them at the application stage to submit a plan how they are going to execute the Sponsor's requirements. Just to make sure they understand what the requirements are, can visualize the execution of the backlinks and are committed. I'd imagine if a member would think there's going to be a space limitation, it can be clarified at the application stage.  We're not talking about a big Website here.  A single static page would be sufficient.  When I checked through the VPSs there is not a single VPS under 16 GB in size. Average is 20GB plus. Any way, the requirements will have to be brought into consideration when the member applies for a VPS. The member will have to figure that out ahead of creating the VPS for the member. If he thinks he can't accommodate this, then obviously the VPS he wants to apply for won't work for him.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(06-15-2020, 05:37 PM)xdude Wrote: Ok I don't know if its good or bad saying this but I think this approach might not be practical. I mean members just creating a page just to cover the requirement. I thought this rule applies only if the member runs a web server. Then it make sense since the person would be running a real web site. Making up and page just for a link can do more harm than good. Because first of all the page / site need to have some good unique content. For example a review about post4vps or about the sponsor. Content which at least has about 700 words. Otherwise it would be just a spam link.

So lets see you create a page with good unique content. If you just set it up and forget then it will be just like signpost in middle of a jungle. Nobody will see Nobody will know. So I don't think its practical at all. Also I don't think it gonna work if the member has to run and maintain a website just for this. I mean create it then build backlinks for it then keep updating etc. Okey if the sponsor is fine with that then its all good.

Otherwise this needs a different approach. Well it's just a though.
@xdude  The sponsor requirements ask for backlinks. It's the only requirement they have. I'm sure the sponsor knows the backlinks in best of circumstances will be temporary and not of the royal SEO type you're accustomed too.  As long as the sponsor searches the VPS and can find a back link to his Website we're happy.  As that is what he wants. Some of our sponsors do do those searches. They don't ask us for the links, but they search for the links themselves on the VPSs. If they don't find the backlinks they consider it a breach of agreement of using the VPS.  I understand exactly what you mean, but we need to work around what the sponsor wants as a condition of having use of the VPS.

I've mentioned before that the ideal (if you're not running a Web server) is not a fully fledged Website, but a static one-page Website paying tribute to the sponsor and to post4vps.  The static page would need no maintenance at all.  What would work is if someone is into Games Servers, he could make a little summary of the Games Servers he is running, or is planning to run.  And then thanks to the sponsor for making it possible and to post4vps with links to the two.  That's why I think it is essential to discuss this at the application stage of the VPS.  So we can work on a plan before the VPS is given.

BTW thank you so much for the Backlinks provided through your WordPress site. Absolutely brilliant. Cool
Terminal
(06-16-2020, 07:06 PM)deanhills Wrote: @ikk157  That unfortunately won't work as the VPS has to be the sponsor's VPS.  It's a promo model used to market their VPS.  So logically they would like the back links to come from their VPS.  That is where they will be doing their checking.  

To get all confusion out of the way when members participate in a Giveaway, we will be asking them at the application stage to submit a plan how they are going to execute the Sponsor's requirements. Just to make sure they understand what the requirements are, can visualize the execution of the backlinks and are committed. I'd imagine if a member would think there's going to be a space limitation, it can be clarified at the application stage.  We're not talking about a big Website here.  A single static page would be sufficient.  When I checked through the VPSs there is not a single VPS under 16 GB in size.  Average is 20GB plus.  Any way, the requirements will have to be brought into consideration when the member applies for a VPS.  The member will have to figure that out ahead of creating the VPS for the member.  If he thinks he can't accommodate this, then obviously the VPS he wants to apply for won't work for him.

What i meant by resources wasn’t the storage space that the website would use up... because as you mentioned, a simple backlinks page won’t consume any space... so storage isn’t an issue.

What i was worried about the most was the VPSs with low RAM. Specially the ones with 1GB of RAM. My HostLease VPS 3 (not the post4vps VPS 3) has that much RAM and it struggles, RAM-wise, to even run OS tasks such as using apt... it literally runs out of RAM! So i could only imagine what a web server would do... specially to those who run other RAM-hungry tasks (such as game servers) on their low RAM VPS.

But you are very right, they should’ve already put that into consideration before even applying to the VPS.

And I like the new method of verifying the backlinks right during the application stage. That will prevent any future issues regarding this matter. And i do understand that it adds more workload to you guys... which is quite sad considering that you always did your best to decrease the giveaway manager workload. Kudos to your constant efforts.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
almost all of my website is non-english . it is okay to run backlink from site that is not english language?
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(06-17-2020, 11:24 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: almost all of my website is non-english . it is okay to run backlink from site that is not english language?

yes you can create backlinks on your Indonesian language site!
Instead of breaking the rules!
Terminal
Solo Developer
Please note that Dynamo has made a change to the Backlinks Requirement to only apply when the VPS Request of the VPS Holder says the VPS Holder plans to put a Website on the VPS.  Please refer updated announcement:

https://post4vps.com/Thread-VPS-Plan-Bac...nt-Updated
Terminal
That's a very good move. Making members create a page just for this pretty much impractical and useless for the sponsors too. But I strongly believe sponsors deserver more support than we give so it's nice to look for more ways to return the favor. Maybe those who can't provide a backlink can do a social share of the sponsor's website? Today, everyone has some sort of social media presence like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, etc. So it's easy to do this and good for the sponsor too.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting