arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia approves vaccine for coronavirus (Sputnik-V)
(08-28-2020, 06:16 AM)deanhills Wrote: Not sure what you mean @tryp4vps with "push other countries to develop their own vaccines".  Some such as in the UK started development even before Russia got to work on their vaccine.  Bottom line here...

What I meant "push other countries to develop their own vaccines" is that it does give real pressure on other countries to speed up their vaccines development.

Yes you are right saying that the Russian team is jumping steps, but God knows if the Russian vaccine will eventually become a big success or not. If it magically succeeds, other countries will be losers and all money spent on their projects will likely be gone. Smile

Russian vaccine is not guaranteed to work, it didn't pass the phase 3 yet. Moreover it has been documentated that the virus has mutated few times already, it is unknown if this vaccine works against a specific RNA.

Russia didn't publish any scientific paper about the composition and the research... Russia just announced the patent regarging its own vaccine.

We can only wait...
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(08-28-2020, 10:00 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: @deanhills He basically meant that it would promote competition among nations to promote research and produce their own vaccine. Practically, it'll take months and maybe close to a year to get the discovered vaccine into circulation and get it to every common citizen.
Thx @sohamb03. That was my understanding too, but I questioned it. As that competition was already there long before Russia brought out its vaccine. And it was more a case of Russia joining in with the competition than other countries now wanting to jump in. Difference is that other countries are just much more careful in the development of the vaccine. There are still so many unknowns about the Covid 19 virus - like scientists haven't been able to clearly define how the virus works. For example, anti-bodies disappearing after the patient has recovered from Covid a few months on. Patients can be reinfected. Covid 19 also has different reactions in different patients. So far countries have been careful to work with the World Health Organization and other leading research agencies and follow all of the steps. I'm not a research expert on Covid 19, but my common sense says that some of the other countries may even be ahead of where Russia was in the development of their own vaccine, when Russia announced its vaccine. Big problem with the slower pace in other countries is that they fully admit that Covid 19 virus in its own has not been fully investigated yet. That investigation is also very much ongoing, and to create a vaccine has to make allowances for all of the anomalies of Covid 19. We still don't know the virus that well - it's not a clearly defined virus because of how tricky it works. I'd far rather go for a vaccine that has been better investigated and has the blessing of an authority like the WHO or any of the other leading Public Health Agencies of the world.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting