Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: [email protected]
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Windows 10 Experince ?
AFAIK, there will be no other newer version than Windows 10. Microsoft will keep Windows 10 updated and if I'm not mistaken it will be the last version of Windows which will get updates for a long time, probably until Microsoft bored and move to another business strategy Tongue.

I have a Windows 10 with uninstalled bloatware in my system. 320GB HDD (which run in 3600rpm), 2GB RAM, Intel i3 Gen 2, Intel HD Graphics. Everything runs fine but not so smooth, of course. I cannot use Google Chrome as it consumes so much RAM and Windows doesn't want to give it, hahaha. I use their built-in browser which is Microsoft Edge, not so smooth considering it's old system but everything is OK. Actually I'm writing this in Debian, much smoother than the Windows (of course! Hahaha).
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
@afzalkhan

"How to spread fake news 101".

How can you even fall for this article? It's clickbait and fake all over it. It screams clickbait and fake with everything written and shown in it.

@tbelldesignco

And you are falling for it, too? Wow.

@deanhills

Not sure if you are falling for it either or just "trolling".

@tiwil

3600 RPM HDD?

[Image: FXLThSZl.jpg]

Rotational speed of 3600 RPM was common in the 1980s. And the size of HDDs with 3600 RPM speed were really small compared to today. We're talking partially less than 1 GB of storage. There were HDDs with that RPM with more storage but we're only talking about 80 GB.

Even if your device is 10 years old you are still most likely to have a 5400 RPM HDD. Even today a lot of notebooks still have 5400 RPM 2.5" HDDs to save costs at the price of performance.

3600 RPM HDDs are dead and outdated due to their age. The only ones that are being still sold are very old stock or items for a tech museum.

Like this one:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/HITACHI-DK515C-7...2475496036
(10-07-2020, 04:45 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote:  @tiwil

3600 RPM HDD?

[Image: FXLThSZl.jpg]

Rotational speed of 3600 RPM was common in the 1980s. And the size of HDDs with 3600 RPM speed were really small compared to today. We're talking partially less than 1 GB of storage. There were HDDs with that RPM with more storage but we're only talking about 80 GB.

Even if your device is 10 years old you are still most likely to have a 5400 RPM HDD. Even today a lot of notebooks still have 5400 RPM 2.5" HDDs to save costs at the price of performance.

3600 RPM HDDs are dead and outdated due to their age. The only ones that are being still sold are very old stock or items for a tech museum.

Like this one:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/HITACHI-DK515C-7...2475496036

Whoops. I actually forgot which RPM my HDD is. The current HDD in the market is 7200rpm, so I think it probably half of it, so I say 3600rpm Tongue. Just checked and can confirm it's 5400rpm, apologies Tongue. It still run Windows 10 OK even considering it's an 8 years old laptop, never get any kind service or anything. I have downgraded to Windows 7, but it's like nothing different. Most application cannot run in Windows 7 too right now and the speed is not so fast, just OK. So I decided to get back to Windows 10 after taking using Windows 7 for a month or two.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I mean I take it all with a grain of salt, I do the same thing with Apple's update rumors haha. I don't really have a horse in this Windows race, so I just like to see what people conceptualize and what happens to come of it all.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
People genuinely expecting a Windows 11 still don't have a clue of what Windows 10 actually is, after all this time in service !!!

So, please read this 2015 article as a refresher on the subject:
Microsoft confirms there will be no Windows 11

Quote:Microsoft says that Windows 10 will be its final release of the iconic operating system that's installed on over 90% of computers.

"Right now we're releasing Windows 10, and because Windows 10 is the last version of Windows, we're all still working on Windows 10," said Jerry Nixon, Microsoft's developer evangelist, at the Ignite tech conference.

Instead of releasing an entirely new and different version of its desktop OS every few years, Microsoft is taking an Apple-like approach to subsequent Windows releases, standardizing on Windows 10 as its Cupertino-based rival has done with OS X. Under this new strategy, Microsoft will deliver regular improvements to Windows through software updates.

It's called the agile approach at the OS level.
(10-07-2020, 04:45 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote:  Not sure if you are falling for it either or just "trolling".
 I fell for it, lock stock and barrel.  I really thought there was a Windows 11 in the pipeline.  I probably should have Googled it.  Let me do it now.  Wink

And here it is with authority from TechRadar - and that was in 2015  Blush   :

TechRadar Wrote:Microsoft confirms there will be no Windows 11
https://www.techradar.com/news/software/...11-1293309
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Looks like we've gone off topic on Windows 10 Experience.  Am closing this discussion for now.  If any one wishes to add their experience in using Windows 10, please PM me to re-open the thread.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 7 Updates end on 14 January - what will you be doing? deanhills 22 1,129 09-20-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: tbelldesignco
  Best version for Windows 10 Enterprise deanhills 16 1,194 05-30-2020, 03:56 PM
Last Post: rudra
  Linux for a Windows Alternative - what are you using and how have you set it up? deanhills 11 816 02-26-2020, 07:14 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69
  Microsoft Windows 8.1 installation - Questions deanhills 12 816 02-24-2020, 01:41 AM
Last Post: ikk157
  Windows 10 updates - still automatic or is there a workaround yet? deanhills 9 605 02-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Last Post: deanhills