arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macbooks switching from Intel to ARM Processors
(06-25-2020, 09:11 AM)ikk157 Wrote: I don’t understand why people are complaining about Apple throttling down your phone to keep it running and prevent a sudden shutdown. Worn out batteries are unpredictable and sometimes they just can’t provide enough power to keep your phone running, which results in a sudden shutdown (had it happen to me many times with my old iPhone).

Now imagine that sudden shutdown happens while your doing something important... such as taking a precious picture/video which you can’t take again (a birthday for example). That’s the main reason Apple did what they did, and that’s to prevent these sudden shutdowns from happening. iOS monitors the battery’s health, and if it finds that it’s too work out, it decreases the performance of the system to make it more energy efficient, and hence reducing the chances of the battery not being able to provide enough power.

It seems like nowadays many people try to find any reason to complain about apple. And this battery situation just goes to prove how misinformed they actually are on how much this actually would benefit the users. 

As for the switch to Apple silicone, that’s actually a great move from Apple... not only is intel starting to fall behind in their chipset game, but also apple having their own chipset for the Macs would allow them to fine-tune it. And it will also give apple freedom with their chipsets compared to them being limited to what intel had to offer.

And to anyone scared of the transition, I’ve explained in detail on how the transition will be smooth in my above post.

I think one of the main reasons people got really mad when this news broke was the fact that Apple was doing this secretly, at the very least they should've notified the user that this was being done intentionally to prolong the battery. As for worn out batteries, I don't really understand why its such a big concern when old Android phones work just fine?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macbooks switching from Intel to ARM Processors - by Honey - 06-25-2020, 02:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: tbelldesignco
10-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Golden
07-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting