arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macbooks switching from Intel to ARM Processors
(06-25-2020, 02:14 PM)Honey Wrote: I think one of the main reasons people got really mad when this news broke was the fact that Apple was doing this secretly, at the very least they should've notified the user that this was being done intentionally to prolong the battery. As for worn out batteries, I don't really understand why its such a big concern when old Android phones work just fine?

Sure people definitely have the right to know about this entire battery thing... but at the same time it’s not quite reasonable. You can’t expect any company to tell you everything about their systems... it’s just too much effort for practically nothing.

As for old android phones working fine, I’m very positive manufacturers push secret updates to their older phones when new ones are released which intentionally slows the phone down... you can really tell because they become significantly slower compared to when they were brand new, even if you factory reset them... and you can’t blame that on new, heavier OS updates because android phones tend to not get those for the next major android release anyway. And from experience, old android phones absolutely STRUGGLE when it comes to battery life... and even they experience sudden shutdowns because the manufacturers never bothered implementing proper power management like apple does.

If your own devices prove otherwise, then you’re simply lucky. As the above points are based on what I’ve seen on almost all android phones owned by family, friends and so on.

Plus, battery wear is a real thing... and android can’t magically make it disappear. Nor can it do anything when the components are starved of power due to the battery unable to deliver the minimum required power to keep it running.

Anyways this isn’t the subject of this thread... so if you have any more responses, feel free to either dm me or start a new thread.

(06-25-2020, 05:37 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Yeah, I have read about this news. It is crazy because they just removed the BootCamp features on their products. You can't use Windows on mac pc anymore!

You still can actually... that’s quite literally why they made their own virtualization software... it emulates an x86-64 environment beautifully with minimal performance impacts. 

And we still don’t know for sure whether dual booting windows (or any x86-64 OS) on the ARM macs is possible or not... apple did not (yet) provide information regarding that. For all we know, they might use emulation there too!

And Windows on ARM is a thing... that’s how the ARM-based Surface runs windows!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macbooks switching from Intel to ARM Processors - by ikk157 - 06-25-2020, 07:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: tbelldesignco
10-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Golden
07-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting