arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macbooks switching from Intel to ARM Processors
(06-25-2020, 09:11 AM)ikk157 Wrote: I don’t understand why people are complaining about Apple throttling down your phone to keep it running and prevent a sudden shutdown. Worn out batteries are unpredictable and sometimes they just can’t provide enough power to keep your phone running, which results in a sudden shutdown (had it happen to me many times with my old iPhone).
Thing is I actually proved it for myself.  I purchased two Apple iphone 6's in 2017 when I wanted to make a decision about whether to go for Apple iphone or Android phone.  I also purchased a Samsung Galaxy s7 which I thought was a comparable model.  At that time Apple iPhone 8 had just been released.  The charging of batteries and also the duration of how long they lasted was won hands down by Galaxy S7.  I then discovered during the year of that test - that there was a special Apple battery recovery project to compensate for batteries not working properly.  If tested to be necessary, Apple would replace the battery.  So obviously Apple acknowledged there was a problem.  So I took both iphones to a battery facility in Dubai - certified to fix Apple batteries.  The batteries were tested according to Apple test, and found to be in good condition for Apple.  Whether it was the battery's fault or not, what stuck out a mile for me was Apple has an unethical way of forcing users to upgrade to the newest and most up to date Apple models.  The battery replacement project was just a pacifier of sorts to lull customers in thinking Apple is a great company - a marketing ploy.  I then chose Android, as although I do think Apple iphone is a superior phone, it's only for the rich and if you can afford the latest models.  

So for me Apple is a good phone for professionals or people with a lot of money, so they can upgrade every time when there's a new phone or at least within a model from the latest phone so the latest OS won't cause a drag and overuse of battery on the older models.  I'm almost dead certain with the last change in component manufacture moving from Intel to Apple, that is going to have a great effect on future models, and new OS not being as compatible with older phones, and causing them to drag.  Again FORCING Apple users to upgrade to the new models so the OS will work fast as it should.

With Android it's a one size fits all OS, so the developers of Android have to always keep in mind of that.  But with Apple, they can do as they like.  Including lying to its users.  As of course it has a huge market, and by getting its wealthy customers to update to the newest phones, it can maintain its huge market share.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macbooks switching from Intel to ARM Processors - by deanhills - 06-25-2020, 07:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-01-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: tbelldesignco
10-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Golden
07-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting