arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia approves vaccine for coronavirus (Sputnik-V)
(08-27-2020, 09:13 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Even we do not trust vaccines coming from Russia, I think it is not a bad thing for Russia to quickly develop the Corona virus vaccine.  

Because it will push other countries to develop their own vaccines.  

It is going to be a healthy competition and will still help the world, as a whole.  Smile

Not sure what you mean @tryp4vps with "push other countries to develop their own vaccines".  Some such as in the UK started development even before Russia got to work on their vaccine.  Bottom line here and difference is that Russia is not following standard protocol in the development of a vaccine.  There are certain stages of trial that have been skipped in Russia.  So the vaccine in effect can be dangerous to use.  I wouldn't touch the vaccine with a bar pole.  For me it would be the equivalent of poison, either short term or long term.  We've just learned that this virus is unpredictable and scientists don't have a complete idea of how it operates.  For example, those who have had the virus - anti-bodies start to go away after a few months, which means that they could get reinfected again.  I wonder whether a really effective vaccine would ever be possible, given the info we've received about the unpredictability of the virus.  Since the vaccine contains strains of the virus there is also a good chance one would get the virus from the vaccine.  I can't remember where I saw this report, but the scientist who mentioned this said that if one got it from the vaccine, that the effect would be much less than if one had got the virus through normal transmission.  Like measles vaccines where some children seem to have a bad reaction to it.

One thing is for certain.  There is a HUGE difference between vaccines for influenza and vaccines for the Corona virus.  And so caution is called for when the vaccine is developed, none of the protocol steps should be skipped - such as Russia has done.  For me maybe Russia is about at the same level of development of their vaccine as the vaccines that are developed in other parts of the world, except Russia released their vaccine prematurely skipping important tests.  Others are still testing their vaccines.  As it should be.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting