arrow_upward

Pages (35): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Shows You Watch These Days
(11-02-2020, 04:55 AM)fitkoh Wrote: I have recently been watching Westworld. On the surface it's a sci fi with robots and artificial intelligence - nothing too special there. Yet underneath the special effects and dramatic storytelling, it brings to mind questions about choice and free will, and elegantly portrays the effects of classism on choice and free will in the modern world without being overly depressing. I was impressed by the way the script was executed throughout the three seasons produced thus far, changing milieus and evolving the characters in a natural but dynamic progression. Plot twists around every corner kept me hooked, without going too far off the base of what the show is about. Sometimes, you watch a show, and after a few seasons, things fall apart... the story starts to seem rushed or not well planned; but I never got that impression of Westworld.
I completely agree with @fitkoh on this; I watch that series during last summer and it was a really pleasant surprise to find out something that refreshing to watch as of late!..

My routine being to start a series (already vetted for good critical reviews and scores on RT and IMDB ) without any great expectations, because generally I would stop watching after the first 3 episodes at best... but there are always a select few that pop up out of no where to get you going episode after another and season after another.. That was the case of Westowrld (2016-?).

(11-02-2020, 04:55 AM)fitkoh Wrote: There's a fourth season planned but needless to say the shooting was thrown off course because of our little pandemic. Hopefully season 4 will debut sometime in 2022.
I wasn't aware of that!!.. Thanks for the heads-up!

Although I really don't like to watch TV Series until it's finished(/last season) and only then watch it in a one go... That was the case for 'Games of thrones' for example.

(11-02-2020, 04:55 AM)fitkoh Wrote: I enjoyed the series so much that I looked up some details about the production team, and it's actually based on a movie from the 70's written and directed by Michael Crichton; which helps to explain why the storytelling is so well done - the idea has had almost 50 years to "season," and the production team already had a working prototype to build on. I'll definitely plan on watching the original and seeing how it compares.
Indeed, Westworld (1973) was the movie starring the legendary Yul Brynner.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
I have been watching WandaVision like every episode on date its releasing. The show itself is really really great and has many turns taken, I thought at first that Marvel Phase 4 will not be good at all like doing Series instead of movies, but yes now watching WandaVision i can clearly say that this phase is gonna be really great. The show is really really based on comics and the outfits and stuff is almost identical to comic. I'm not gonna share the plot here since it can be spolied for anyone but yes, In this show It's about the reality that Wanda *and* someone has made after the avengers success in reversing the snap, continue watching from here then! Big Grin

Rating from me : 1000/10 (but episodes are really short)
IMDB: 8.2/10
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

I am watchinh Wandavision too, I feel kinda confused about the series. It comes with a lot of turn overs and the latest episodes seems to be more darker than usual. Let's see how the series with keep going Smile
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I recently started a new show called "Demon Slayer", I only watched the first few episodes while I was travelling and I did enjoy it,Its a highly rated anime so I beleive the story will be good and enjoyable.

The basic plot is that the main character's family gets massacred by "demons" which supposedly come at night, and no one is alive except the mc's sister (who has become a demon), so the mc vows to protect his sister and somehow convert her back to human form. He then trains himself to become a professional demon slayer. (The story so far in first 4 episodes).
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I have recently finished:
- The Night Manager / 2016 / USA / 8.1 out of 10 Rating on IMDb
- The Third Day / 2020 / USA / 6.4 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

The Night Manager is a great TV show. Hugh Laurie being one of the main roles makes it worth a watch. However I personally didn't really like the subject of the show much.

The Third Day is a mystery series. I has its ups but overall it seems pretty average. With only 6 episodes it seems like they rushed it a bit. So doesn't belong into my favorite mystery TV shows.

Currently I'm watching Wallander (2008 - Sweden - 7.9/10 on IMDb). A swedish crime thriller series based on very good and popular books.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
We've got a new season here of FBI Most Wanted.  My kind of series.  

The first TV show was a tiny bit boring though. Hope they will improve as we go along. What was interesting was that Covid 19 features with the FBI all wearing masks. Sign of TV show times during the pandemic.

I've also just started on a series I've missed before and was urged to check out:

Manhunt: Deadly Games

This series follows the FBI tracing and capture of serious deadly operators like the Unibomber.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I am watching "Indian Idol" music hunt tv show season 12 and never miss any episode. 
exclusively available on Sony Picture Entertainment Network for DVB viewers and SonyLiv app for online viewers of specific country regions. 

The show has lot of success stories in music world. this season has more tough competition. 
You can never watch full episode on youtube platform due to copy rights. but available in parts. 

This season theme is to select a legendary singer of India and sing all his songs or most famous songs in episode.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I watched the first episode of the new TV series The Equalizer. It's the new TV version of the Movie series The Equalizer which was started by Denzel Washington. In the TV series, they have changed the main character to a black female. Also looks like watered down most of the action sceans. I think I will watch a couple of more episodes before deciding I'm gonna watch the whole series or not. It's a bit like the popular series Person of Interest. I don't think those both are on the same level but it's too early to say anything about it.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(02-27-2021, 02:41 PM)xdude Wrote: I watched the first episode of the new TV series The Equalizer. It's the new TV version of the Movie series The Equalizer which was started by Denzel Washington. In the TV series, they have changed the main character to a black female. Also looks like watered down most of the action sceans. I think I will watch a couple of more episodes before deciding I'm gonna watch the whole series or not. It's a bit like the popular series Person of Interest. I don't think those both are on the same level but it's too early to say anything about it.

Wow!  How can one have a successful Equalizer without Denzel Washington in the role?  Or someone at least a little like him.

Last night when I was watching a brand new first episode of Law and Order SVU, I couldn't help yawning.  These action series have become so watered down.  No more original sparks, even the actors look as though they've seen better days with tousled locks and washed out faces.  Sorry, maybe I'm being a little unkind.  But there is a time and place for everything, and I think Law and Order has become too much of a template being mass produced, and absolutely losing its charm for me.

I'll check out Equalizer if it should make its rounds here, but to be honest, this new power woman type character for me is also getting to be overkill.  Maybe I'll be yawning with this one too.  Possibly too the name Equalizer should not have been copied from the movie, like every one is probably going to judge the TV series by the movie high standards, and it's going to lose out then.  The Equalizer movie and follow up were awesome.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(02-28-2021, 03:26 AM)deanhills Wrote: Wow!  How can one have a successful Equalizer without Denzel Washington in the role?  Or someone at least a little like him.

Last night when I was watching a brand new first episode of Law and Order SVU, I couldn't help yawning.  These action series have become so watered down.  No more original sparks, even the actors look as though they've seen better days with tousled locks and washed out faces.  Sorry, maybe I'm being a little unkind.  But there is a time and place for everything, and I think Law and Order has become too much of a template being mass produced, and absolutely losing its charm for me.

I'll check out Equalizer if it should make its rounds here, but to be honest, this new power woman type character for me is also getting to be overkill.  Maybe I'll be yawning with this one too.  Possibly too the name Equalizer should not have been copied from the movie, like every one is probably going to judge the TV series by the movie high standards, and it's going to lose out then.  The Equalizer movie and follow up were awesome.

That's what exactly I thought too. When I was an article about the Equalizer 2021 TV series, I was all time boy this is great. The first shock was this character change. Plus it was given to an actress who usually does comedy roles, Queen Latifah. I really hoped it was Denzel Washington. :c Still I'm going to watch few more episodes but They have upgraded action to the usual TV series level which's a pity.

I heard there going to be a new Sci-fi series released in March. One called Debris. This one sounds interesting. Also, there are 2 Marvel TV series related to Avengers that are coming out. One is Loki and the other is The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Another interesting one to come is the Lord of the Rings series. I heard it was quite an expensive production. Also, The Witcher season 2 gonna be released in this year.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (35): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-16-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: sagher
06-28-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Kururin

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting